Tiger injured in rollover accident | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tiger injured in rollover accident

Not that it changes anything, but just now on the radio they updated that he was NOT removed using the jaws of life.
The “news” is just amazing these days.
The LA county’s sheriff’s department statement initially said that the jaws of life were used

I hate to speculate, but my wife and I were shocked how bad he looked during Jim Nantz interview two days ago. I checked twitter and everyone was agreeing that he looked bloated, high, just awful. Who knows. Maybe he was just exhausted.

Back problems/surgery is pretty much a guarantee that you're going to be on pain medication for a reasonable amount of time. Driving after taking Percocet (oxycodone) affects different people in different ways.

Not saying that was a contributor, but pain medication can do strange things to you.

Ben Hogan came back from near-fatal injuries to play some of his greatest golf. Speculation about Woods' future at this point is silly.
I hope he fully recovers.

Back problems/surgery is pretty much a guarantee that you're going to be on pain medication for a reasonable amount of time. Driving after taking Percocet (oxycodone) affects different people in different ways.

Not saying that was a contributor, but pain medication can do strange things to you.
At 7 am? Maybe. Sounds like he was driving too fast on a curvy road and lost control.

Back in the 80's I had surgery and afterwards was taking percodan. I had returned to work and was driving to see a customer. I remember looking in my rear view mirror and seeing only pupil and thinking damn my customer is going to think I'm on drugs. :rolleyes::oops:

At 7 am? Maybe. Sounds like he was driving too fast on a curvy road and lost control.

Okay...pure speculation. I base this on my experience observing my wife after she had a serious back injury. She was prescribed oxycodone over a period of many, many months. She took it as prescribed. She didn't over-medicate herself. The stuff stays in your system especially if you're taking it regularly as prescribed. Motor skills can be affected along with cognition.

This is on the pill container- "May cause drowsiness and dizziness Alcohol may intensify this effect. Use care when operating a vehicle, vessel (boat), or machinery."

Tiger had recent back surgery. It's possible he's on a regular dosage of pain medication. The time of day would seem to be irrelevant.

Somebody on the golf channel said tiger stood when he got out of the car.

How do you stand with compound fractures of your legs?

you’d have to ask Jimmy Robert’s. Said he stood but not walked.

well first bit of news is that the accident was not where the reports have said which explains why the pictures on google didnt match with the helicopter photos

Well he wasn’t standing that’s for sure

Pretty lucky though to go across the center median at that speed hit a tree and miss likely a number of cars..

They clarified their earlier statement that the jaws of life were used and said the weren’t but a crow bar and axe were used to pry him out.

Well Jimmy Robert’s was right. Someone with the LA County fire department did say he had stood but they have now backed away from that statement.

Well Jimmy Robert’s was right. Someone with the LA County fire department did say he had stood but they have now backed away from that statement.
I would think so.

I just don't see how anyone could stand with compound fractures in both legs.
1614122855533.gif

Okay...pure speculation. I base this on my experience observing my wife after she had a serious back injury. She was prescribed oxycodone over a period of many, many months. She took it as prescribed. She didn't over-medicate herself. The stuff stays in your system especially if you're taking it regularly as prescribed. Motor skills can be affected along with cognition.

This is on the pill container- "May cause drowsiness and dizziness Alcohol may intensify this effect. Use care when operating a vehicle, vessel (boat), or machinery."

Tiger had recent back surgery. It's possible he's on a regular dosage of pain medication. The time of day would seem to be irrelevant.
It very well could have been but with his problem with pain killers I wonder if they were prescribed. It sounds like he was training so alcohol could be out. It sounds like he was going too fast on a dangerous road that he was unfamiliar with.

Last edited:
even 50 you hit a curb and it can go bad quickly.

Yeah I’ve become addicted to watching those dashcam videos on Facebook. It’s amazing how little it takes to flip a car, especially these SUV’s and crossover vehicles that are sitting on sedan frames but with a higher center of gravity.

Back in the 80's I had surgery and afterwards was taking percodan. I had returned to work and was driving to see a customer. I remember looking in my rear view mirror and seeing only pupil and thinking damn my customer is going to think I'm on drugs. :rolleyes::oops:
Well CL, opioids make your pupils smaller not bigger, so shall we discuss what other recreational chemicals might have been helping you with your return to work? :cool:

Fractures in both legs, one compound and a shattered ankle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom