Tiger / Masters | Syracusefan.com

Tiger / Masters

Guinness

Living Legend
Dislike the guy and hope he never wins a major again but man is looking like he is finally back for real. We will find out this week for sure but I don't know that I could pick against him at the Masters.

Dislike the guy and hope he never wins a major again but man is looking like he is finally back for real. We will find out this week for sure but I don't know that I could pick against him at the Masters.

All about making putts. If he does then he will win this week. He also needs to get off to a better start than he has had in he past. Shooting 72-71 in the first two rounds are not going to cut it.

How about a first round leader board of Sergio Garcia, Matt Kuchar, Ricky Fowler and Freddie Couples. Girls of all ages are swooning everywhere. Some guys also.

It really is going to be an exciting weekend of golf. I hope Freddy's back hold up today in the colder weather. If he can bang it around today in 71 then he will be right in the mix going into the weekend.

Keegan Bradley looks ridiculous in a flat brimmed baseball cap.

Picked Dustin Johnson before the week began and love his game on this course. If he makes putts this weekend, he'll be in it until the end.

Let's go Freddy Couples. If you were born the last (and only) time he won the Masters, you'd probably be heading out for quite the bender tonight, because it would be your 21st birthday.

I really can't wait until watchespn picks this up at 3pm so I can watch at work.

I really can't wait until watchespn picks this up at 3pm so I can watch at work.

Masters.com shows Amen Corner, 15 and 16 along with 2 featured groups.

Picked Dustin Johnson before the week began and love his game on this course. If he makes putts this weekend, he'll be in it until the end.

Dustin had a rough go of it this afternoon after pushing it to 7 under.

That penalty on the 14 year old was complete bullstuff. All of the slow play in golf and they penalize a 14 year old kid? Awful.

And let that be a lesson for all you DJ fans. Never pick him in these events. Blows up or screws up every time he gets a taste of contention in a major.

I wish they did a better job of cleaning up slow play. It's easily the biggest problem in all of golf.

Dustin had a rough go of it this afternoon after pushing it to 7 under.
Yeah he sure did. He's a guy I'll always pull for after seeing him at the US Open at Bethpage. I followed his group all Thursday and Friday as he played with Rory and Anthony Kim. They hammed it up with the fans and were part of the youth movement that was coming onto the scene at the time. Kim's been derailed by injuries and Rory is Rory, but I still have hope that DJ can put his game together. He's got all the tools.

Yeah he sure did. He's a guy I'll always pull for after seeing him at the US Open at Bethpage. I followed his group all Thursday and Friday as he played with Rory and Anthony Kim. They hammed it up with the fans and were part of the youth movement that was coming onto the scene at the time. Kim's been derailed by injuries and Rory is Rory, but I still have hope that DJ can put his game together. He's got all the tools.

Johnson is awesome, and very likeable. But not sure what you mean by putting his game together. Does anybody under 30 have more wins?

Johnson is awesome, and very likeable. But not sure what you mean by putting his game together. Does anybody under 30 have more wins?
I guess I mean in big tournaments. To the casual fan, they only remember that penalty he took at the PGA. Case in point was his implosion today. He's obviously a very good golfer and one of the best young Americans, but he hasn't taken that step into golf's upper echelon that I'm hoping he'll make.

I guess I mean in big tournaments. To the casual fan, they only remember that penalty he took at the PGA. Case in point was his implosion today. He's obviously a very good golfer and one of the best young Americans, but he hasn't taken that step into golf's upper echelon that I'm hoping he'll make.

Sure, anyone needs to win multiple majors to cement their status, but he's only 28. Let's say the magic number is 3 majors to really separate yourself from the pack and reach legendary status (guys like Norman and Couple notwithstanding).

Age at 1st major: (guys with 3 or more, and first win post-1980)
3 Wins
1. Nick Price (35)
2. Paddy Harrington (35)
3. Larry Nelson (33)
4. Payne Stewart (32)
5. Hale Irwin (29)
6. Vijay Singh (35)
4 Wins
7. Ernie Els (24)
8. Phil Mickelson (33)
6 Wins
9. Nick Faldo (30)
14 Wins
10. Tiger Woods (21)

DJ's already played in the final group of the US Open, had a brain lapse in the PGA playoff, and tied for 2nd in the British. He has 4-5 years before panic sets in.

Sure, anyone needs to win multiple majors to cement their status, but he's only 28. Let's say the magic number is 3 majors to really separate yourself from the pack and reach legendary status (guys like Norman and Couple notwithstanding).
Age at 1st major: (guys with 3 or more, and first win post-1980)
DJ's already played in the final group of the US Open, had a brain lapse in the PGA playoff, and tied for 2nd in the British. He has 4-5 years before panic sets in.
Well said. I guess the fact that he broke on the scene so young makes me forget that he's only 28. Also, it's hard not to root for the guy who bagged Wayne Gretzky's smoke-show of a daughter.

That penalty on the 14 year old was complete bullstuff. All of the slow play in golf and they penalize a 14 year old kid? Awful.

And let that be a lesson for all you DJ fans. Never pick him in these events. Blows up or screws up every time he gets a taste of contention in a major.
Eh ... the kid was given a warning ... twice.

I read it was 3 times actually. The bigger point is there were other players on the course at the same time who where just as slow but were never penalized.

They should have went to Crenshaw and told him to pull the kid aside and talk to him. Could have avoided the whole embarrassment of what happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom