Time to be hard nosed... | Syracusefan.com

Time to be hard nosed...

Crusty

Living Legend
everybody has got to suck it up. It is what it is and we need to make the most of what we have. The D has to keep us in games until the O can gel. Improve every week and get to a bowl. Keep the progress moving forward and think of how good we can be in the coming years.

Allen, Hunt whatever - Go Orange!

There were positives to be taken from this game. Defense played well and should be the strength of the team all year. Offense looked out of sync as there were delays getting plays onto the field and Allen was clearly frustrated several times. Not sure whose "fault" that was. Not having a running game really hurt. Put a lot of pressure on Allen to come up with big plays in the passing game. I thought we could have passed more in first down situations rather than later when Penn State was prepared for the pass and had a great pass rush set up. They had some big dudes up front that could really bring the heat.

There were positives to be taken from this game. Defense played well and should be the strength of the team all year. Offense looked out of sync as there were delays getting plays onto the field and Allen was clearly frustrated several times. Not sure whose "fault" that was. Not having a running game really hurt. Put a lot of pressure on Allen to come up with big plays in the passing game. I thought we could have passed more in first down situations rather than later when Penn State was prepared for the pass and had a great pass rush set up. They had some big dudes up front that could really bring the heat.

I think we will have a running game. Just perhaps not the one we expected. Perhaps PSU DL was better than most, but I'm sure the coaches expected that we could power the ball between the tackles. When we couldn't, it threw the gameplay off considerably. We are fortunate to have a stable of good backs. The coaches will find ways to get them yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom