Time to pick up a transfer | Syracusefan.com

Time to pick up a transfer

OmahaCuse

Starter
we need aggressively go get another 1 year transfer, a stretch 4 or power forward who can give us depth and minutes.

This is all on the coaches they don't have any contact with player who misses both summer sessions? Should have forced him here, then enacted plan B if he no shows for either summer session. .Still time to get another body. Everyone laughed at me on the football bard when I said the same thing about Black and Picard going down. Look what happened...

This is all on the coaches they don't have any contact with player who misses both summer sessions? Should have forced him here, then enacted plan B if he no shows for either summer session. .Still time to get another body. Everyone laughed at me on the football bard when I said the same thing about Black and Picard going down. Look what happened...
Kinda have to agree with you...
Loose ship...

BS. The Coaches were in a Catch-22 situation, actually a no win situation. If TT was hell bent and wanted to transfer, he would have done it even if he attended the summer sessions. The coincidence of the SHU opportunity came up within the last month or less and it looks like he will go there. He could still change his mind and come back to Syracuse. Personally, I say "bye, bye TT", Too much drama, but then I am not the Head coach, just a fan.

If you think the coaching staff didn't have an idea before last season/semester that this could happen, you're incredibly, incredibly naive.

I personally don't think Red takes a trip to see Dolezaj/lands a commitment from him without having an idea.

Lastly, could it just be that TT saw how talented Brissett/Dolezaj/Moyer are and thought it was in his own best interest to leave to avoid seeing his stock drop?

Please tell me where you expect to find a top 100 player this late in the cycle? Anyone less than that won't play anyways. This is not the same as football.

If you think the coaching staff didn't have an idea before last season/semester that this could happen, you're incredibly, incredibly naive.

I personally don't think Red takes a trip to see Dolezaj/lands a commitment from him without having an idea.

Lastly, could it just be that TT saw how talented Brissett/Dolezaj/Moyer are and thought it was in his own best interest to leave to avoid seeing his stock drop?

AWMKY - u are dead on correct...Marek

Too much drama, but then I am not the Head coach, just a fan.
This same head coach lobbied to keep FH on the team when Hop wanted him gone. Maybe he likes the drama.

We're fine. Deep breaths. Sid will step up. Hey, like a freshman TT, that can actually play D. PC, who knows. We have three forwards to move around. Four guards. One who can slide to the 3, if needed.

The sky isn't falling. We aren't adding any magical man to play the 5 late. TT didn't want to play there, or here anyway. Sid, and PC do. We're good to go. Young, but extremely talented sqaud.

This same head coach lobbied to keep FH on the team when Hop wanted him gone. Maybe he likes the drama.

Maybe he has a clue how to run a basketball program. But, I may be wrong seeing as there is no evidence to that. Just a guess.

Hop surely knows more, as he's been coaching here for 40 years. Oh wait, wrong guy.

This is all on the coaches they don't have any contact with player who misses both summer sessions?
Who said they had no contact? For all anyone knows, TT said he was staying home for the summer, and would report when school started

Should have forced him here, then enacted plan B if he no shows for either summer session.
Can't order someone to be on campus in the summer. What would you do, pull the scholarship That's likely not allowed, and certainly not a good look.

We don't need a top 100 guy, just a 1 year player who can stretch the floor grab some minutes and a few rebounds. One injury or foul trouble leaves us paper thin at forward. A 6'9" guy who can shoot from Cornell, Bucknell or something would be great. Totally feel this is on the coaches (unless they feel the Foreign guy is the answer and better) and running the risk of no NCAA bid for 2 years and losing our heir apparent to Washington. Absolute love Jimmy B but like you see in the business world sometimes 72 year old guys need to retire because they lose it...Really hope I am wrong and obviously like what we have coming in in 2018 and will have returning...

We don't need a top 100 guy, just a 1 year player who can stretch the floor grab some minutes and a few rebounds. One injury or foul trouble leaves us paper thin at forward. A 6'9" guy who can shoot from Cornell, Bucknell or something would be great. Totally feel this is on the coaches (unless they feel the Foreign guy is the answer and better) and running the risk of no NCAA bid for 2 years and losing our heir apparent to Washington. Absolute love Jimmy B but like you see in the business world sometimes 72 year old guys need to retire because they lose it...Really hope I am wrong and obviously like what we have coming in in 2018 and will have returning...

How many 5th year grad transfers do you think are still left on the board as of August 30?

You'd have better luck finding a Christmas Tree in March.

Please. There is no one of any ability that we could get at this point. We have our team.

Relax lmao

Haha I'm relaxed didn't mean it to come off like that but there's a lot of talk about this kid and no one has confirmed that he's even made it to the country yet.

One injury or foul trouble leaves us paper thin at forward.
will go into the season with 5 rotation forwards, 6 if you count Battle who I expect to log a few minutes as a 3.

that's 2-3 more than necessary in JB's typical rotations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom