Time to unleash "The Beast" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Time to unleash "The Beast"

He hasn't played. The box scores and participation reports have been messed up all year. Chandler Jones apparently played last week.

As did Marcus Sales.

I really wish they'd be more accurate with that, because that's the only way the fans can determine who is redshirt eligible and who is not under this coaching staff.

I really wish they'd be more accurate with that, because that's the only way the fans can determine who is redshirt eligible and who is not under this coaching staff.

According to my cheat sheet: Reddish, Desir, Kobena, DyDavis, Lynch, Fisher, Rodgers, Crume, and Foster have played.

Vigille is a ??? (SU said he played against Wake but I don't believe them).

Eskridge, Hunt, Mungwa, Hale, George, AAM, Simmons, Trudo, Sloan, Robinson, Foy, Curtis, and Addazio have not.

Listen to the end of Marrone's weekly presser, AMM is not red-shirting (nor should he at this point). Our back-up at this point has 4 carries for 6 yards. We aren't going through the rest of this season with Bailey getting 90% of the carries so its certainly in our best interest to find a viable back-up. I don't see any reason that AMM shouldnt get at least a shot at this since Smith hasn't exactly knocked the cover off of the ball. AMM gets carries this week -- just a hunch.

why wouldn't you play him, if the coaches think he's ready? aren't we supposed to be on the upswing? win now with him (if they feel he's the difference) and you should be able to bring in a legitimate RB to replace him by the time his eligibility is up. you go through the next year or two without taking legitimate steps forward...and someone else will appreciate that last year of AAM's eligibility that you left for them to use.

Good call. Like that guy from South Bend they we were (are?) working on. Guess I'm just salty that if he was going to be played that last week wasn't the start of it. Suppose the coaches may not have had a definite about Gulley at that point? Only way I can make any sense of not playing AAM sooner.

They don't need to work on anything other than perfecting their current offense. Run tough between the tackles, pull your linemen for a few outside pitches, work on play action and screens to bailey.
The Kitchen Sink!!!! It's time - bust it out!!!!!

Strange how quickly this position of perceived strength went down the toilet. I have little faith in Bailey because of the fumbles, and I'm sure it's heavy on Marrone's mind. Hope he continues to be pretty good at breaking tackles, because everyone is going to go for the ball now.

Gulley, here he comes, he looks great, and...bye again.

Smith hasn't shown much in limited time, not sure he has a 1st down carry, which is what we would bring him in for. Maybe he just needs more time, but now I'm paranoid he'll just fumble because younger guys fumble more than older guys, but hopefully not more than our current older guy.

AAM, who knows. I imagine he still weighs quite a bit. I'm certainly not expecting any speed, didn't look like he had much in HS. But I guess if he can move the chains by dragging people and holding the ball, we should welcome it.

I think we are all hoping AAM comes in and looks like a slightly shorter LeGarrette Blount. I watched him this Monday night and the man can RUMBLE at 250 pounds. Here hoping he doesn't have the same right cross!

Strange how quickly this position of perceived strength went down the toilet. I have little faith in Bailey because of the fumbles, and I'm sure it's heavy on Marrone's mind. Hope he continues to be pretty good at breaking tackles, because everyone is going to go for the ball now.

Gulley, here he comes, he looks great, and...bye again.

Smith hasn't shown much in limited time, not sure he has a 1st down carry, which is what we would bring him in for. Maybe he just needs more time, but now I'm paranoid he'll just fumble because younger guys fumble more than older guys, but hopefully not more than our current older guy.

AAM, who knows. I imagine he still weighs quite a bit. I'm certainly not expecting any speed, didn't look like he had much in HS. But I guess if he can move the chains by dragging people and holding the ball, we should welcome it.

Whats Averin Collier up to these days? Was it grades alone that ended his career here? and if so why wasn't he given a chance to rectify the situation and come back to the team?

I know it's just Tulane, but there's a reason why the details disclosed at the luncheon are supposed to be off the record.

Football coaches are totally insane.

So Doug closes practice last week and instructs the media not to ask about injuries. But then after the game he said that he would have told anyone "off the record" about the DB injuries he was so freaked about.

He has a luncheon that anyone with $20 in their pocket can get into, but I guess we're assuming that no opposing team would ever be smart enough to send some lackey to attend and listen in?

Totally insane.

Football coaches are totally insane.

So Doug closes practice last week and instructs the media not to ask about injuries. But then after the game he said that he would have told anyone "off the record" about the DB injuries he was so freaked about.

He has a luncheon that anyone with $20 in their pocket can get into, but I guess we're assuming that no opposing team would ever be smart enough to send some lackey to attend and listen in?

Totally insane.

There are requests made to "keep it here", and please wait until after the game to discuss it. It's not insane, it's not paranoid, it's just asking the fans in attendence to do him a favor. That's it.

The guy is very open in these settings, if he feels he can't be as open because whatever he says is going to be on the net the next day, the information flow stops.

I was at the luncheon and I don't even care, I'm going to tell all because the fans need a reason to believe and get excited. I'm done with this cloak and dagger BS. Here's what you're going to see this weekend sports fans (get PUMPED!)...

There's a special package for Loeb that is going to make an appearance. Maybe just a series or two, but it will be another wrinkle for Tulane to gameplan. And I know what you're thinking - how can it be much different from what Nassib runs? Well... tee hee. I guess you'll see on Saturday.

Coach said to expect some big time trickeration in the punt return game. Think Chicago Bears.

Chances are good that Mario Tull will see his first carries. This should excite fans as Tulane has zero film on him and how he might be deployed.

Man, you're freaking hilarious. :rolling:

Just so damn witty.

There are requests made to "keep it here", and please wait until after the game to discuss it. It's not insane, it's not paranoid, it's just asking the fans in attendence to do him a favor. That's it.

The guy is very open in these settings, if he feels he can't be as open because whatever he says is going to be on the net the next day, the information flow stops.

I understand that, and I think it's great Marrone is so open in those settings. I like the guy, I really do.

It's just so bizarre that he feels like he can *be* open by simply saying "keep it here" or it's "off the record" in today's world. Forget the web, we're small potatoes in the grand scheme, there's literally nothing keeping Tulane from sending some stooge to that lunch and reporting back all the "open" comments he heard (e.g. about AAM). I just don't understand the inconsistency.

Forget the web, we're small potatoes in the grand scheme, there's literally nothing keeping Tulane from sending some stooge to that lunch and reporting back all the "open" comments he heard (e.g. about AAM).

We don't take kindly to strangers at lunchtime. :)

I think I do, but won't don't you educate me.
I have no idea what that means, but if it's an invitation to explain I guess I can.

Basically anybody could claim to have attended the luncheon and made a statement about something coach said about the upcoming game. If that happens, there's no reason to believe it. Just because a person says they were at the luncheon and heard something doesn't mean it's true, especially on an anonymous message board.

Of course, someone could lend some credibility to it and substantiate things just a wee bit by saying "you probably shouldn't say that because rule #1 of luncheon is never talk about luncheon."

Brilliant move by the way if the statement about AAM is total bunk. If it's not though...

So I figure, hey, you know what, I was at the luncheon, and I heard some stuff, and maybe there are some people that want to hear said stuff too.

Are you picking up what I'm laying down?

I have no idea what that means, but if it's an invitation to explain I guess I can.

Basically anybody could claim to have attended the luncheon and made a statement about something coach said about the upcoming game. If that happens, there's no reason to believe it. Just because a person says they were at the luncheon and heard something doesn't mean it's true, especially on an anonymous message board.

Of course, someone could lend some credibility to it and substantiate things just a wee bit by saying "you probably shouldn't say that because rule #1 of luncheon is never talk about luncheon."

Brilliant move by the way if the statement about AAM is total bunk. If it's not though...

So I figure, hey, you know what, I was at the luncheon, and I heard some stuff, and maybe there are some people that want to hear said stuff too.

Nope, not getting, guess I'm just obtuse.

I understand that, and I think it's great Marrone is so open in those settings. I like the guy, I really do.

It's just so bizarre that he feels like he can *be* open by simply saying "keep it here" or it's "off the record" in today's world. Forget the web, we're small potatoes in the grand scheme, there's literally nothing keeping Tulane from sending some stooge to that lunch and reporting back all the "open" comments he heard (e.g. about AAM). I just don't understand the inconsistency.
there's nothing stopping Tulane University from sending a stooge to Syracuse, NY to attend a coach's luncheon with the local fans just in case he may divulge some information about injuries or true freshmen getting their first playing time of the season? sure, ok - it is infinitely more likely that they'd simply have a GA check the free SU website and see if the fans who attended discussed some things that the coach mentioned as opposed to remotely finding a local resident willing to infiltrate the gathering (or maybe one of the many Tulane alums living in the area) for them.

It seems like a pretty reasonable request and safeguard.

I must have smoked too much, I got it:noidea:

I believe "It's on the internet, so it's got to be true" applies here. At least that's what I'm "picking up." If not, count me in the obtuse category as well. Or should it be acute? Or straight? Cause it certainly can't be right. :bat:

They should continue to redshirt AAM especially if he is overweight and sluggish. I dont get why everyone thinks he is the wunderkid...

They should continue to redshirt AAM especially if he is overweight and sluggish. I dont get why everyone thinks he is the wunderkid...

Well a couple things. One Marrone has said more than once, he is not redshirting and that was never the plan. Two, he is in good shape and has dropped a good amount of weight and improved his conditioning. Three, he was our top recruit and with our current run game theres an immediate need

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom