Time to Wake and Shake | Syracusefan.com

Time to Wake and Shake

orange2win

2nd String
These guys are young, with 10 So. on their team. Clearly they are getting stronger as the season progresses.

Do you know they are 12-0 at home? Last time they lost there was November.

Codi Miller-McIntryre, their 6'-3" PG is very good, and trying to follow in the Chris Paul tradition. McKie, who has been in a long slump, just got hot.

We better not be looking to Saturday when we play these guys on Wednesday.

We should all realize that no game in the ACC, against anyone, will be a cake walk. The team has to come to play or they'll get beaten...period.

I betcha that's what CJ and Baye are telling the rest of the guys. Step up, take no prisoners, JUST WIN! LGO!

How is that possible?

They also have Devin Thomas, a very good big man, and the ACC's leading rebounder. He can score inside.

They aren't a good 3 point shooting team, though. They are slightly better than Miami, however, and we saw them go nuts on Saturday.

They are one of the best rebounding teams in the conference, while SU is one of the worst.

They are a terrible FT shooting team.

What is their best win? USC? Richmond, UNC, NCST, ND . . . . . . . .

They are 4-4 in their last 8 games they have beaten ND, NCst and UNC at home in pretty close games as well as VaTech on the road. They have yet to beat a team that is above 500 in conference.

Yes they are undefeated at home, yes they will give us their best shot like everyone else but I find it highly unlikely that we lose even if the guys look past them a bit to start the game. Heck I'd rather they jump us early those games usually wind up pretty well for us.

These guys are young, with 10 So. on their team. Clearly they are getting stronger as the season progresses.

Codi Miller-McIntryre, their 6'-3" PG is very good, and trying to follow in the Chris Paul tradition. McKie, who has been in a long slump, just got hot.

We better not be looking to Saturday when we play these guys on Wednesday.

They lost to Clemson Jan 18th. and are 4-4 in their last 8.

How is that possible?

They are one of the best rebounding teams in the conference, while SU is one of the worst.

I disagree with that. We have been really good on the offensive glass this year. Naturally we are weaker on the defensive glass due to the zone but I don't recall us losing the rebound battle much this year other than the Pitt game.

This is incorrect. SU is 2nd in the conference in Offensive rebounding, while last in Defensive rebounding. We are 2nd in rebounding margin. We are not one of the worst rebounding teams in the conference.

Oh, and by the way, Wake Forest is dead last in conference rebounding margin, 2nd to last on Offensive rebounding, and below the middle of the pack in Defensive rebounding.

Now sure what stats you are looking at. http://www.theacc.com/#!/stats?sport=m-baskbl

I disagree with that. We have been really good on the offensive glass this year. Naturally we are weaker on the defensive glass due to the zone but I don't recall us losing the rebound battle much this year other than the Pitt game.

We are ranked 13th in the ACC in rebounds per game at 34.9. 3rd in offensive rebounds per game and dead last in defensive rebounds per game, so we must be losing a good amount of the rebounding battles.

We are ranked 13th in the ACC in rebounds per game at 34.9. 3rd in offensive rebounds per game and dead last in defensive rebounds per game, so we must be losing a good amount of the rebounding battles.

Look at pace of play. There are less shots and thus less rebounds in our games. Our margin is very good and I believe only Pitt has outrebounded us this season. We are probably 10th in points per game as well and yet we have outscored every team we have played. Numbers without the proper context are meaningless.

I think you have to look at the conference numbers, not the entire year. Too much apples-to-oranges there. These are the numbers you are quoting.

We are last in defensive rebounds because we face very few possessions, that's why rebounds per game is not a great stat to look at. It's better to look at rebounding margin or defensive rebounding percentage. If we face 50 possessions a game and a team turns the ball over 10 times, misses 20 shots, we are going to have less defensive rebounds than a team that faces 70 possessions a game and gets a chance to rebound on 30 missed shots.

I think you have to look at the conference numbers, not the entire year. Too much apples-to-oranges there. These are the numbers you are quoting.

I stand corrected after looking at your link. Reason why there is the saying of the stats don't always tell the whole truth. We are top 25 in the county in rebounding rate and we have only been outrebounded in one ACC game, like Orangezoo said, the Pitt game. Our rebounds per game ranking definitely has more to do with the lack of possessions for opponents versus anything else.

we just gotta take it 1 game at a time. show up on wednesday and let the chips fall where they may. this game is what it is. we just gotta play hard and we'll be fine. anything can happen.

We should all realize that no game in the ACC, against anyone, will be a cake walk. The team has to come to play or they'll get beaten...period.

I betcha that's what CJ and Baye are telling the rest of the guys. Step up, take no prisoners, JUST WIN! LGO!

Exactly this is why you have seniors they understand any team any day can go off and you have to bring it every game.

meant to add that link and the numbers to my original post but for some reason on my browser at work I can't edit posts. Looks like it was covered. I wish they would get rid of rebounds per game as a filter for ranking. It is all about percentage and rebounding margin. Rebounds per game only really applies at the individual level and even then it doesn't tell much of a story.

Their players are capable but very inconsistent, CM-M and McKie especially from the tapes I've watched (thank u Watch ESPN). Tyler Cavenaugh in particular, will be highly motivated. Hopefully Roberson gets some run and we can have 3 Tylers on court at once.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I feel like trap games are less likely on the road. Without the comfort and luxury of being at home, it's hard to focus on anything other than the game you are traveling to play. That being said, there's no way to determine this. We could be completely focused on WF and still get beat (not that I think it will happen).

I'm not sure if this is true, but I feel like trap games are less likely on the road. Without the comfort and luxury of being at home, it's hard to focus on anything other than the game you are traveling to play. That being said, there's no way to determine this. We could be completely focused on WF and still get beat (not that I think it will happen).

I felt this way about AZ last night. Better odds they lost that to Utah than either of these road games coming up against Cal and Stanford because they will be ready and on the road with their team in between for that quick turn around.

This is incorrect. SU is 2nd in the conference in Offensive rebounding, while last in Defensive rebounding. We are 2nd in rebounding margin. We are not one of the worst rebounding teams in the conference.

Oh, and by the way, Wake Forest is dead last in conference rebounding margin, 2nd to last on Offensive rebounding, and below the middle of the pack in Defensive rebounding.

Now sure what stats you are looking at. http://www.theacc.com/#!/stats?sport=m-baskbl
I was talking sheer rebounding numbers, for the whole season. Rebounding margin is obviously a different story with the two teams.

I was talking sheer rebounding numbers, for the whole season. Rebounding margin is obviously a different story with the two teams.

The way it was worded made it sound like you were saying they were a better rebounding team than us. Thats where the responses came from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom