To me we have several players.. | Syracusefan.com

To me we have several players..

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
who can take over a game for us or make a key play for us at any particular time, and we have every right to be optimistic going into the tournament:

1) Scoop - he can dominate a game for periods with his senior leadership, i.e. at a big moment in a game, he can penetrate and dish or score, or hit a needed three. He is having a huge year.
2) Fab - yes Fab. He can be absolutely dominate at times with his D. When he is determined, i.e. Seton Hall and Herb Pope, he is a game-changer. He has lost his mojo a little lately but it will be back.
3) CJ - seems to be able to find a way to grab a rebound, hit a put-back, or make free throws when we most need him to. How many times has he pulled down a key rebound, made a key put back or hit a short mid-range jumper in the lane when we've most needed it. Very few of his plays stand out all that much, yet he still does them night after night.
4) KJ - like last night, KJ can pull down a huge rebound, isolate, or hit a big three when needed. I am very encouraged with his rebounding and inside game as of late. Has been looking a little like Otis Hill with his footwork and duck-unders lately and I'm liking it.
5) Dion - while he hasn't shown it lately, he has the ability to change a game with his D, hustle, penetration, and sheer will to make plays.

BT has shown the capability to hit threes or make a short jumper at key times. Not so much lately, but he has the ability.

The fact that we have 5 or 6 guys that have this ability is our greatest strength this year, and is reason for me to be very excited going into the tournament.

Bueller, Bueller, anyone? Does everyone hate our team right now??

Many on this board have lost sight of the fact that we're 28-1. I remain encouraged by what I've seen in the final minutes of games. JB alluded to this in his presser last night. He talked about how it's pretty rare a team has a ton of close games and wins them all. My guess is he's very impressed with the guts of this team. When we need a play, we make it. I've mentioned this in other posts. What has killed us in other years is that in the tournament, when we've needed to absolutely make a basket, we've panicked. This team doesn't do that. The 2009-10 team played very few close games in Big East play (we blew a ton of teams out), and against Butler we didn't know how to close. I'm confident we'll know how to do that this time around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom