To The Anae and Beck Family | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

To The Anae and Beck Family

I work for a company based in Marcy, and my boss drives in from Ilion every day. He walks in with Tomato Pie a couple times a year, and we’re all like “geez thanks:confused:”. “Are we being punished?” God awful invention.

Hope you are far away from those wildfires in Colorado.
No one is far from wildfire in Colorado. I'm a couple of hundred miles from Boulder and the current conflagration, but it's a huge concern everywhere. The winds over the past few weeks have been brutal. The last several days the gusts have only been in the 40s, but a week ago we went through several days in a row with constant hurricane force winds. Boulder has been experiencing 100+ mph winds and Denver has been pummeled as well. The winds are widespread along the eastern face of the Rockies.

I think I'm likely to be leaving Colorado in about six months, heading back east somewhere. My older daughter and grandkids have just moved to Arkansas in search of a more hospitable spot. They have good friends there. I hauled them a load of furniture earlier this week. I moved out here 6 years ago to help them survive this difficult place and my mission will be complete when this house is sold or perhaps rented. It's an amazing place and I've mostly loved being here. The wind and wildfires are the worst. The wildlife and views are the best.

I don't know what will come next, but hope to spend the fall in CNY. It's my favorite season there and fun times at the dome could be approaching. That was my plan last year as well but plans change. I hope our SU brethren in the Denver area are faring ok with the winds and fires as well...

No one is far from wildfire in Colorado. I'm a couple of hundred miles from Boulder and the current conflagration, but it's a huge concern everywhere. The winds over the past few weeks have been brutal. The last several days the gusts have only been in the 40s, but a week ago we went through several days in a row with constant hurricane force winds. Boulder has been experiencing 100+ mph winds and Denver has been pummeled as well. The winds are widespread along the eastern face of the Rockies.

I think I'm likely to be leaving Colorado in about six months, heading back east somewhere. My older daughter and grandkids have just moved to Arkansas in search of a more hospitable spot. They have good friends there. I hauled them a load of furniture earlier this week. I moved out here 6 years ago to help them survive this difficult place and my mission will be complete when this house is sold or perhaps rented. It's an amazing place and I've mostly loved being here. The wind and wildfires are the worst. The wildlife and views are the best.

I don't know what will come next, but hope to spend the fall in CNY. It's my favorite season there and fun times at the dome could be approaching. That was my plan last year as well but plans change. I hope our SU brethren in the Denver area are faring ok with the winds and fires as well...
I hope your family enjoys Arkansas. The people were always very friendly and welcoming to us but the humidity was too much for these Northeners.

I hope your family enjoys Arkansas. The people were always very friendly and welcoming to us but the humidity was too much for these Northeners.
Yeah, I don't know if they'll be there long term but they wanted to try something different. I make a fine hermit but they like having friends. They're very happy with the change. I'm not a fan of high humidity and there is none here at all. We haven't had precipitation since August.

Jaime Beck after seeing the title of this thread and then reading the thread
images

Morey's had the best half moons, donuts, and haddock the world has ever known. It is an honor to reply to you.
I fried the donuts too. Mr Morey always said baker’s all used the same ingredients. It’s what you did with them is what counted My fried cakes never had holes.

It’s just the complete opposite of my like. It’s like, “hey I made you some pizza, it’s really doughy. Oh, and I ran out of cheese. Oh, and our ovens broke, so it’s cold”.
When I first heard about it, i thought, wow, this sounds very bad.

But friends who I really respect were huge fans of it, and arranged to bring some to a party from Utica.

It was just as I imagined. Not awful but not appetizing in the least.

I don’t get it. Maybe there is a tomato pie gene and I am missing it.

But from what I have seen, one’s affection for tomato pie is directly related to how close one grew up from Utica. I am glad some love this. You can have mine!

Mangia mangia!

But friends who I really respect were huge fans of it, and arranged to bring some to a party from Utica.

But from what I have seen, one’s affection for tomato pie is directly related to how close one grew up from Utica. I am glad some love this. You can have mine!

Mangia mangia!
See my party experiences with syracuse friends, when it was brought from utica, is exactly opposite. It would be my father and I crushing it all by ourselves. Then someone would try, and then we’d have 3 then another and another and like that it would be gone, We’d spend the next hour explaining how it’s a utica thing.

Mangia mangia!
I love it. But I grew up there.

Charlie Miller raves about the fish at chi’s…. Down near the corner of Brighton and Salina on fridays…. Haven’t put my bullet prof vest on and gotten it yet but I trust his word
Let me guess, you have never been to the south side so you make a stupid comment like that because you’re so ignorant ? Some of us grew up in the city and I’m always going to stand up for it. Zero reason for comments like that...

Let me guess, you have never been to the south side so you make a stupid comment like that because you’re so ignorant ? Some of us grew up in the city and I’m always going to stand up for it. Zero reason for comments like that...
Lighten up Francis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom