To the Debbie Downers in the game thread that mysteriously disappeared | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

To the Debbie Downers in the game thread that mysteriously disappeared

In their defense, they weren't being Debbie downers just for the sake of it. Between MTSU, and the first half, what was there wasn't a whole lot to cheer about. Everyone reacts differently when emotions are vested.
The 2-10 and Dino hotseat crap is a joke.

Their were posters only posting negative stuff. I am critical but I don't just post negative and run away when I am wrong.

Their were posters only posting negative stuff. I am critical but I don't just post negative and run away when I am wrong.
Agreed. Any comments involving not winning another game, and "Dino isn't the guy" is just dumb, simpleton, and shortsighted. I have no problem critiquing plays, play calling, or even throwing in the towel on the game. But when you say suggest that Dino should be replaced after 2 years of what is likely a 4 year rebuild, you're just an idiot.

The worst is people who only post to vent. I get the impulse - just wish they'd add more all the time.
No that's not the worst. Venting I can understand. It's the posters who only appear and post on here when they have something negative to say. It's almost joyful for them to be negative. If things are going well you won't see them on here.

No that's not the worst. Venting I can understand. It's the posters who only appear and post on here when they have something negative to say. It's almost joyful for them to be negative. If things are going well you won't see them on here.

There was 6 quarters of not very good football. The 3rd quarter the team broke out of the funk. Maybe you are talking about me. Who knows. This is a fan forum.

2-10 isn't out of play, we have zero gimmies left. Probably win a couple more though.

Dino hot seat is laughable though, regardless. He's a good coach and will make it work in time.

There was 6 quarters of not very good football. The 3rd quarter the team broke out of the funk. Maybe you are talking about me. Who knows. This is a fan forum.
I'm not talking about you. I'm not talking about most fans.

I was a Debbie downer for sure... I would have stuck around for the 2nd half but I can commit to 4 hours plus of college football.

I don't feel bad for being a Debbie downer however... CMU was owning us just like MTSU did last week until that pick and quick score at the end of the half changed the entire game. I assume HCDB made some adjustments at halftime but as I said I didn't watch the 2nd half.

Great win.

I totally lost it with Dino last week - he did not get the team mentally ready last week. I posted once the UNACCEPTBLE thread and then stayed away. My head is back into football because Dino's head is back into football again. Insiders stated Dino was all in this past week to ensure the players were mentally back in it and it showed on field mostly for the whole game. Posted a new ACCEPTABLE thread to give credit where credit is due. Nuff said.

Insiders stated Dino was all in this past week to ensure the players were mentally back in it and it showed on field mostly for the whole game.
Interesting.

I will say, I do think Dino can get a little over confident and misassess what it will take to win a game.

We need to just be balls to the wall. We can't hold back. We're better off increasing our margin of error against peer and lesser opponents than we are trying to narrow the gap against superior opponents in most cases I think. Which kinda sucks, because we do also need to punch above our weight class.

It's always back and forth knee jerk reactions to bad and good stuff in these game threads, obviously. Much ado about nothing. I think it is baffling though and alarming as well how poorly they came out of the gate today against another non-P5 team. Certainly happy they turned it around. I had to leave at H. They can't afford starts like this anymore.

Interesting.

I will say, I do think Dino can get a little over confident and misassess what it will take to win a game.

We need to just be balls to the wall. We can't hold back. We're better off increasing our margin of error against peer and lesser opponents than we are trying to narrow the gap against superior opponents in most cases I think. Which kinda sucks, because we do also need to punch above our weight class.

Thought it was interesting in the postgame that Dungey talked about getting into gear at the right tempo. Kind of fits with what I've noticed this season in the the tempo feels slower. I was chalking it up to just being used to it... but maybe there's another gear?

Interesting.

Honestly think as soon as our OL and run game are above average and we get a home run threat at WR again, this thing will really take off. Defense is coming around a bit. But with this system, the offense has to carry the load. We will get there.

Interesting.

wow, that is a lot of cliches

I just want the bell gone, and to be able to watch without wondering what is happening. We are in the ACC, right?

Anyway, Dungey was rough at the start, but came through. You can see that we have it. Just need to clean some things up, in due time.

Liked what I saw out of a lot of young guys. Would like to see LSU comeback, and win. Tonight, that is.

It's always back and forth knee jerk reactions to bad and good stuff in these game threads, obviously. Much ado about nothing. I think it is baffling though and alarming as well how poorly they came out of the gate today against another non-P5 team. Certainly happy they turned it around. I had to leave at H. They can't afford starts like this anymore.
^^^Agree with your first line SoBe...people do knee jerk both ways on this board...I know that sounds strange but as with most boards you have people swing to far too the negative and overstate the good...usually the truth is in the middle somewhere...I'm glad Cuse won today and I'm glad they found some offense. I still think we all need to give HCDFB 5 years...

Yeah, we've just gotta step up. Hard work pays off, and there's no "I" in team. Tough times don't last but tough people do.
we need to be consistently good instead of occasionally great

faith is belief without evidence

^^^Agree with your first line SoBe...people do knee jerk both ways on this board...I know that sounds strange but as with most boards you have people swing to far too the negative and overstate the good...usually the truth is in the middle somewhere...I'm glad Cuse won today and I'm glad they found some offense. I still think we all need to give HCDFB 5 years...

As frustrated as I get, I'd give him unlimited years. We have to give him time, and he's a great coach, recruiter, etc. All will be well soon. LSU will be the signature win. Then throw the bank at him.

Once we turned the game around.
You guys got awfully quiet.
Good job bringing the negativity and then running away.

Great job in the second half and good team win.
You're welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom