to the non Syracuse fans who live in the 315 | Syracusefan.com

to the non Syracuse fans who live in the 315

Dukies without southern accents?

The Duke fan sitting next to me was raised in Rochester and still lived there. When he was a child he watched some very exciting Duke teams playing on television and he found himself a fan. He just grew to love them. He regards Syracuse as a secondary team. He was a very nice guy. My brother, who is 13 years younger than me and lives in Wisconsin, became a Duke fan because my husband was at Duke and we were there for 12 years. So, Duke is a GREAT love of his, and UW is secondary.

People are complicated!

You live in Syracuse, support your hometown.

Just like the Hoya fans who lived in the cuse during the 80's, get real

Nothing more gets under my skin

I live in CT. I hate UCONN.

Why are you looking to recruit locals to an unneeded cause after Syracuse just broke its record for most humans to ever see a college basketball game on campus?

You can live somewhere without it being your "home town." I happen to live within an hour of both BYU and the University of Utah right now, does that mean I have to hop on one of their bandwagons? No thanks.

You live in Syracuse, support your hometown.

Just like the Hoya fans who lived in the cuse during the 80's, get real

Nothing more gets under my skin
K, guess I'm a hoosier fan now. Tom Crean is the best! Or maybe IUPUI? At least I can appreciate Buss Patterson more...

The Duke fan sitting next to me was raised in Rochester and still lived there. When he was a child he watched some very exciting Duke teams playing on television and he found himself a fan. He just grew to love them. He regards Syracuse as a secondary team. He was a very nice guy. My brother, who is 13 years younger than me and lives in Wisconsin, became a Duke fan because my husband was at Duke and we were there for 12 years. So, Duke is a GREAT love of his, and UW is secondary.

People are complicated!

Wonder how many Duke fans are from Buffalo or the Albany area because of the local kids who went there.

I was a Duke fan (not hard core) when we moved here from Durham in 1984. 1987 changed my mind. A couple of our best friends from Durham moved up here in 1989 but they had season tickets to Duke basketball and their allegiance has never wavered. Interestingly, they have begun to take an interest in Syracuse football even though they are not football people.

Wonder how many Duke fans are from Buffalo or the Albany area because of the local kids who went there.
Some validity in that, although I never rooted for Duke when Koubek played there but I did root for UNC when Perkins played there.

I’ve lived in Baldwinsville my whole life. Are you saying I HAVE TO be a Yankees/Mets fan?
Cuz I ain’t.

Live in the 215 and I ain’t throwing in for Nova, Penn, Temple, St. Joes, LaSalle, Drexel or even Bryn Mawr.

Last edited:
215, 434, 419, 614, and now 860 but yeah I’m always 315.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom