To those who say college is better than NBA | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

To those who say college is better than NBA

Yeah and looking back at their playoff run, the amazing thing is in round 1 they went to 5 games (back when it was best of 5) and won @utah by just 4 in game 5, and in round 2 they went to 7 with the Suns and won game 7 by just a point.

Those Suns- Rockets series were awesome. They went to 7 gamestwo years in a row. I remember Danny Ainge nailing Mario Elie in the face with an inbounds pass intentionally, and he acted like it was an accident. Elie got the last laugh with the “kiss of death” 3.

I am a beleaguered Knicks fan myself who has gotten to the point I don't even care to make sure I know who all is on the roster there has been so much movement. I'm young but old fashioned in that I enjoy missing a couple months or even half a season due to work and not feeling like my team went through six line changes the next time I have a chance to tune back in.
That's b/c the players stink and the team moves them in and out.

Those Suns- Rockets series were awesome. They went to 7 gamestwo years in a row. I remember Danny Ainge nailing Mario Elie in the face with an inbounds pass intentionally, and he acted like it was an accident. Elie got the last laugh with the “kiss of death” 3.

Even as a Celtics fan, I can admit Ainge was a punk at times and hard to cheer for.

Its not better, other then playoffs its more fun to watch.

You have a better chance of seeing Logan's Run.
Maybe so, but I’m just saying, when (if, if you prefer) it happens...it will be awesome, it will be loud, it will be impressive, everyone is not going to like it and it won’t be mistaken for a beantown duckboat Parade.

Another awful game. 0/7 now on close games.

My Celtics might as well be losing by 30 the margin is irrelevant they haven't been competitive at all Cleveland is coasting tonight and having no problems. Games 1, 3, and 4 have been terrible all worse than a bad college game in the 50s IMO. Not sour grapes either I took a nap at halftime and didn't bother watching the rest of game 1 that we won.

To me, the NBA is a slightly more realistic version of pro wrestling.

I would rather watch Syracuse basketball than anything in the world. I know its stupid, but I think of the kids almost like they are my own family.
I almost never watch the NBA, but I guess you are right, If I had to watch Cleveland vs the Celtics or Nebraska play Iowa...I'd rather watch the NBA. (disclaimer...it would have to be a really really crappy day outside for me to waste more than 10 min watching either)

It’s the best. Absolutely no basis in reality but it somehow continues to pop up.

The Drunk Uncle of nba analysis.
it's a great filter statement. i can safely put anyone who posts it into my ignore file.

"They don't play defense in the NBA" is the hottest of hot NBA takes.

I actually figured out where this comes from. Full disclosure: if you hooked me up to a lie detector I’d say I am one of the mopes that has said/thought this.

Little background: I grew up a cuse fan with season tickets at the dome for my entire youth. Never had any exposure to the NBA. Then when I moved to Houston I went to an NBA game for the first time. The atmosphere was a shock to my system having only experienced the Carrier Dome for my whole life. Many times I didn’t even realize the game had resumed because music was playing, lights are sweeping the court, fake flash bulbs are going off all over the place, and the crowd was only marginally paying attention.

So from that one experience I got a bad taste about the NBA... just turned me off completely.

So... my only current NBA exposure is highlights. And in a lot of highlights, the defense has conceded the point because the offensive player has superior position, they don’t want to be in a poster, etc. and so that is a long way of saying I think the no defense thing comes from people who only see highlights.

it's a great filter statement. i can safely put anyone who posts it into my ignore file.

It is def a foolish statement. The only time it might have a tiny basis in fact is on occasion during the regular season when some guys are going through the motions. To HoustonCuse's point, there were times last night where the crowd looked like they were asleep. You'd have been hard pressed to say that looked like a playoff crowd. Another thing that would help is if one of these playoff games was marginally competitive. How many 20+ point blowouts have we had?

So is college basketball like roller derby? Cause a good amount of college games are decided on the hideous college charge call

The charge rule is a joke dj, you are absolutely correct. Roller derby...I like that, good analogy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom