Today Dino needs to be locked up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Today Dino needs to be locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
With usc off the board for now, we should be in the clear regarding outside risk. If the extension doesn’t get done, then Dino is likely waiting for a USC (or al equivalent) job to open up.

Assuming he is at $2.7M, and that his assistant pool is what, a similar number?

I don't think a bump to $4M & $4M for pool would be 1) embarrassing/lowball or 2) too much for SU to handle. That's nearly a 50% increase and pretty substantial.

I think if we got to that point, we'd be in good shape given the proper investments elsewhere.

I dont see John Wildhack messing this up. It could possibly happen but I trust hes going to do everything he can to give him what he wants. As far as talking higher ups to Pay Dino and staff. I have faith. And as far as other teams signing Dino. I am confident we most likely will keep him. Football is undefeated in the Dome. Why would you invest all this money and not pay the proven coach and staff more money? We arent talking a hundred million dollars. Dino might lose a couple guys, maybe even a high profile guy. But he had a great year with losing what's his name to Kent State? And a lot of people thought he was a top coach.

Don’t you dare what’s his name
HIS NAME SEAN LEWIS
Lol kidding
But Dino has lost assistants in the past and the train will keep on moving

Dino’s history says he moves on after 2-3 years. He can get a new contract at this point and be set for life, he needs to take advantage of the year, the timing and cash in at 57. Hopefully SU comes back with a offer that allows him to work another 7 years at SU

Louisville just paid 8 million to buy out Chris Mack at Xavier. There’s no way they can keep throwing around a ton of cash of their new coach.

I would say 4.5 to Dino and four to asst. packing the dome and all will help to pay plus tv rights.

SU isn't paying $4.5M to start.

My guess is that the offer will be approximately $3.7, ($1M per year raise) which is about the average in the ACC, Big 12, and Pac 12.

The average in the Big 10 and SEC (w/o Saban) is $4.5.

My guess is that the offer will be approximately $3.7, ($1M per year raise) which is about the average in the ACC, Big 12, and Pac 12.

Was going to guess $3.7M but why not just bump it up to 4 if you're serious? What's the difference in the end? That's a basketball game net revenue.

You nailed it.

this feels right, does anyone have a guess of how much more that is per year more than we are playing now? 2 million more a year? Not my money but it seems like a bargain to keep the program going forward.
I swear I heard he is making 2.5 now so 2 mill more and more for asst. lock em up

Well if that’s the case we better be looking for a new coach then. For craps sake Dabo d coordinator makes 4. We could and should easily pay 4.5. I don’t want him gone. Pay the man.

So
Louisville will pay him triple of what SU is paying him.
Was going to guess $3.7M but why not just bump it up to 4 if you're serious? What's the difference in the end? That's a basketball game net revenue.

Seriously. We don’t have the luxury of offering market value. Would it really kill the athletic dept to come in and show Babers we are serious and offer him $4-4.25m? Good lord we’re talking 300-500k when we don’t have the luxury to do that. Maybe if we were in the middle of a recruiting hot bed, with knock your socks off facilities , with a rabid fan base, that has a recent history of winning where you can make a market value offer like that . We have none of that. Therefore you have to offer a little more than market value and show him we are serious about being a big time football program.

You nailed it.
I understand why we paid like that historically. IMO - it should be above average this time around, because he’s an above average performer as a coach.

If we can’t make that kind of commitment, realistically, why would we join the ACC? If we wanted to move to a big boy conference, we have to be ready to compete with the big boys.

If not, then we’ve accepted a different fate.

Dabo's defensive coordinator does NOT make $4 million per season. There's no need to insert fake news that is easily searchable into the conversation.

Clemson's Brent Venables gets richest total deal for assistant coach: 5 years, $11.6M
I thought someone on hear five or six weeks ago said he made that. My mistake. I don’t research stuff too often. Mainly memory. Either way 3.75 mil doesn’t keep Dino here. If we want a top 15 guy which we have he should make close to that.

I thought someone on hear five or six weeks ago said he made that. My mistake. I don’t research stuff too often. Mainly memory. Either way 3.75 mil doesn’t keep Dino here. If we want a top 15 guy which we have he should make close to that.

Understand and I might have come off harsher than I intended to.

I understand why we paid like that historically. IMO - it should be above average this time around, because he’s an above average performer as a coach.

If we can’t make that kind of commitment, realistically, why would we join the ACC? If we wanted to move to a big boy conference, we have to be ready to compete with the big boys.

If not, then we’ve accepted a different fate.
he is above average performer at a below average job. It will take more to keep him. We need to pay.

School has never ever ever paid above market for football or hoops. Bees is right, a million increase is my guess but anything above that would be very out of character. To me the assistant numbers is the harder one to get to

School has never ever ever paid above market for football or hoops. Bees is right, a million increase is my guess but anything above that would be very out of character. To me the assistant numbers is the harder one to get to

School also hadn’t lost a coach to another school since 1975(?). This is a great job, and I think Dino knows it.

If you want nice things, you need to be willing to break the status quo and do things differently.

That's what cost us during the P years. No upgrades, no changes and it became stale/stagnant. It's taken nearly 2 decades to dig out.

This is our opportunity. Need to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom