Today Dino needs to be locked up | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Today Dino needs to be locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a Cyber Monday season ticket promo for $126 which includes a season ticket, Clemson men’s basketball ticket, Notre Dame women’s basketball ticket, and a tee shirt.View attachment 145334
Creative marketing. Where are the season tickets located for this? Endzone?

Easy to spend other people's money.

$3.6 to $4.1would be a significant increase for this market. Cost of living does have an impact.

Even a bump to $3.5 with assistants getting an additional $30 - $70 each makes a significant impact.

You get what you pay for. If you strive to be average then pay average for an average coach. Currently Syracause doesn't have an average coach. So if you want to remain above average then you need to pay for it.

If I was Dino I would laugh at that and go to somewhere that is committed to winning.

100%. This guy actually has Syracuse fans/alums talking about the football team again. And can you imagine the buzz/attendance boost next year with a hot start going into the Clemson game?

Our administration would have to be absolute fools to not realize we have one of the top coaches in the country already on staff. Pay the man a premium and let's see where he can take this program.

I know we're traditionally a risk-averse admin, but there's no better time than now to roll the dice with the ACCN and Nike contract coming up shortly.

I feel like linking what David Chapelle said to Comedy Central in a joke about 1 minute special.
We need to bleeping pay him.

No need to negotiate like we would normally.
This is the guy. Just make him the strongest offer to start and end it.
The university shouldn’t try to nickel and dime a couple hundred of thousands. Just give Dino the strong offer that will show him respect and prevent any need for him to try and over leverage.
Offer him 6 years 27.5 million and increase his assistants pool.
Include bonuses for division titles, conference titles, and the rest.
We can’t be stupid.
Dino is the guy shut down any need for him to be discussed anywhere else unless it’s a top 10 job.

I feel like linking what David Chapelle said to Comedy Central in a joke about 1 minute special.
We need to bleeping pay him.

No need to negotiate like we would normally.
This is the guy. Just make him the strongest offer to start and end it.
The university shouldn’t try to nickel and dime a couple hundred of thousands. Just give Dino the strong offer that will show him respect and prevent any need for him to try and over leverage.
Offer him 6 years 27.5 million and increase his assistants pool.
Include bonuses for division titles, conference titles, and the rest.
We can’t be stupid.
Dino is the guy shut down any need for him to be discussed anywhere else unless it’s a top 10 job.
4BD0C0FE-60FF-4585-8138-B28FAD7A7A1E.gif

100%. This guy actually has Syracuse fans/alums talking about the football team again. And can you imagine the buzz/attendance boost next year with a hot start going into the Clemson game?

Our administration would have to be absolute fools to not realize we have one of the top coaches in the country already on staff. Pay the man a premium and let's see where he can take this program.

I know we're traditionally a risk-averse admin, but there's no better time than now to roll the dice with the ACCN and Nike contract coming up shortly.

The problem is as Bees pointed out SU isnt going to pay a premium for Babers unless there's an infusion of cash from a second source. I want Babers extended as bad anyone but if you think SU is going to pay him 5 mill + your going to be disappointed. I would love to be wrong and Wildhack I believe does "get it" but SU has shown zero inclination in the past that its willing to pony up big $$ for a HC.

The problem is as Bees pointed out SU isnt going to pay a premium for Babers unless there's an infusion of cash from a second source. I want Babers extended as bad anyone but if you think SU is going to pay him 5 mill + your going to be disappointed. I would love to be wrong and Wildhack I believe does "get it" but SU has shown zero inclination in the past that its willing to pony up big $$ for a HC.

Well fortunately we’re going to get ACC Network and Nike money this year.

We have ACC money ACCN money and new NIKE deal money is that not new money? At some point you have to use that money to pay the coach that is making us relevant on the field.

Well fortunately we’re going to get ACC Network and Nike money this year.

ACC money could be huge here, Nike money isnt going to be much at all, there's no leverage on our end as Nike is the only legitimate option. Our contract came up at the wrong time.

We have ACC money ACCN money and new NIKE deal money is that not new money? At some point you have to use that money to pay the coach that is making us relevant on the field.

You realize that money isnt just earmarked for athletics, there's a lot of hands in the jar so to speak. Were not Alabama or A&M where sports come first unfortunately.

Easy to spend other people's money.

$3.6 to $4.1would be a significant increase for this market. Cost of living does have an impact.

Even a bump to $3.5 with assistants getting an additional $30 - $70 each makes a significant impact.
Dont you get it. Its time to invest. We will never get another JB. If we mess this up it might never come back. These opportunities are beyond rare for SU. 1million 2 million or more is a rounding error. Please take a trip buy that triple creme at Wegmans, Get a full roast beef at Danzers. For once in your CNY life dare to be great!

Get the hands out of the jar and give the coach the money he deserves

All of us here agree with that 1000%, unfortunately its far less unanimous up on the hill.

Thank God none of you are in charge. You don't negotiate against yourself. You're assuming that he has no desire to stay here outside of cash considerations. We don't know that. And if that really is the case, we're done for because there will always be someone that can outbid us. He'll get a handsome offer from us. But donors will need to step up. Anyone that says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about.

I have a question. How much free advertising does the University get annually from each time the team is on TV, including bowl games and full country coverage of numerous games? The shots of the campus including the iconic Dome and those halftime vignettes showing the viewer the best of the school.
Just curious.

Dino doesn’t seem like a guy looking to leave he is building something very respectable at Syracuse and if you get hired away to a top tier P5 school you better win quickly or you will be gone, seems like he has found a very nice home in Syracuse and wouldn’t make sense to leave that behind at this stage of his coaching career. This is coming from a outside perspective, I’m a lifelong OU fan but my Father in Law is a Cuse fan and since I married his daughter, I’ve been following your program pretty closely since and have enjoyed watching Dino build your program to a very healthy level and hope he continues to build it

ACC money could be huge here, Nike money isnt going to be much at all, there's no leverage on our end as Nike is the only legitimate option. Our contract came up at the wrong time.

I know that’s the present narrative, but I’ll let Wildhack do his job. I’m confident we’ll get a good deal.

The only real leverage we have is years in the deal. We can give them more years or fewer depending on the offer. I'm sure that is the bone of contention at the center of the negotiations.

Basketball still turns a huge profit and we have been cashing 20 million+ ACC TV checks for the last 3 years.
Where has that money gone that we can’t afford to spend?
I mean I get purse strings being tighter on other sports but not for football.

All of us here agree with that 1000%, unfortunately its far less unanimous up on the hill.

How many students go to games? How many alums? Those are the individuals with a vested interest in how the University spends its money.

I know i am spitting into the wind saying this on a fansite, but frankly, spending $5 mil plus on a college coach is pretty much antithetical to what higher education is about in the Northeast. Of course Alabama is going to pay $12 mil for a coach. They suck at everything else and would have no identity whatsoever, if it were not for Bear Bryant and Roll Tide.

Here's a fun fact. The SEC made an astronomical $596 mil in revenue last year. Harvard's $37.1 bil endowment, earning a modest 2% return, would earn $742 mil per year.

Basketball still turns a huge profit and we have been cashing 20 million+ ACC TV checks for the last 3 years.
Where has that money gone that we can’t afford to spend?
I mean I get purse strings being tighter on other sports but not for football.

The same place it went in the mid 90s when McNabb was here. Wildhack and the ADs office have done yeoman's work getting more money to stay in the AD coffers but it's still an uphill battle. We don't even get all the concession money made during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom