Today has the potential to be horrible, so... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Today has the potential to be horrible, so...

Do you have any idea how devastating it is for a 6 yr old boy to find out he cannot go trick or treating because he contracted Strep and is still contagious? It's been a rough morning.
Sorry to hear Geode. I hope he feels better soon. I have a really great trick or treat idea for you that went over fairly well during those two hurricanes in consecutive years. Get in laws over, a few adults and put an adult in each room with candy, close the door. Have your son knock on each door like he was going house to house. Tell the adults to play the part, eg, "Oh hello, young man" etc like they don't know him. Will make it like real trick or treating! Pm me if you need clarification but it worked like a charm.

Last year I spent Halloween with my daughter in the hospital getting her chemo treatment. Yesterday her lab results came back and doctor cleared her to go out trick or treating it was a great phone call and the look on my daughters face when I told her she could go out tonight was priceless and a memory I will never give back.
phil77 FOR THE WIN.

Last year I spent Halloween with my daughter in the hospital getting her chemo treatment. Yesterday her lab results came back and doctor cleared her to go out trick or treating it was a great phone call and the look on my daughters face when I told her she could go out tonight was priceless and a memory I will never give back.
Fantastic.

Lol it was a penguin. I'm sure a lot of people on this board know exactly where that is.
The Penguin exhibit is the highlight of Rosamond Gifford now. My kid would spend all day there if he could. Sadly..so would I.

YES! Great to hear.

WOW! Best thing I have read on this board in a long time!

image.jpg
Thought you would like that. I just wanted to waste some of your time and energy my friend.

The Penguin exhibit is the highlight of Rosamond Gifford now. My kid would spend all day there if he could. Sadly..so would I.
Haha yessir. My kid is less than interested... He likes aquatic life... He stared at the octopus for a good 15 minutes... Every so often turning to me and say okapus.

Oh, you ole crafty son of a gun, I see. Lured us in with "another one of those thread" threads, and bam! Switched it up on us. Great pic and congrats to you and family! Will see if I can dig one up. My boy walks around in darth vader costume all the time but he is a Minion this year. Will see if I have any past Halloween pics on my phone.

Darth Vader? Tee...Obi Wan has taught you well. ;)

More kids should be Darth Vader.

That is AWESOME!!! Let her go around the neighborhood three times!!! I just sat with my mother this week for her very first round of chemo. It is a very humbling and helpless experience. I know I don't know you personally, but your daughter is my hero, dude. Seriously. What guts for a kid to be able to go through that. Give her a big hug and a Giant Hershey's Kiss. They sell them online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom