Today's games: Yukon vs Chaminade (3:30 pm) and Hoyas vs Wisky (8 pm). | Syracusefan.com

Today's games: Yukon vs Chaminade (3:30 pm) and Hoyas vs Wisky (8 pm).

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Game one: The Boneyard is calling today's game a must, must, must win. I've already jumped aboard the Silverswords bandwagon and am calling for a must, must, must loss. Let's go Chaminade.

Must must must win.

Game two: Of course we hate Georgetown. Even more so than we hate Yukon. Although it is close. However, I am going to root for Georgetown for the second game in a row. Why? Cause we hate Wisconsin also and want all teams ranked ahead of us to lose. Let's go John Thompson (the third) and Patrick Ewing (jr.).

Game two: Of course we hate Georgetown. Even more so than we hate Yukon. Although it is close. However, I am going to root for Georgetown for the second game in a row. Why? Cause we hate Wisconsin also and want all teams ranked ahead of us to lose. Let's go John Thompson (the third) and Patrick Ewing (jr.).

Sorry, I can't go with you on this one.

Sure, Wisconsin is ranked ahead of us now. But they won't be after we beat them. Why ask the Hoyas to do what we'd rather do ourselves?

And that's not even addressing the egregiousness of rooting for the Hoyas in general.

No no no. You do not root for Georgetown today. First of all because Georgetown. But secondly - we are playing Wisconsin straight up on their home floor. No need to hope other people beat them and I want them as highly ranked as possible when we play them. Yukon? Of course you want them to lose. By 45 points if at all possible. Go 'swords!

No no no. You do not root for Georgetown today. First of all because Georgetown. But secondly - we are playing Wisconsin straight up on their home floor. No need to hope other people beat them and I want them as highly ranked as possible when we play them. Yukon? Of course you want them to lose. By 45 points if at all possible. Go 'swords!

Point well taken but I'd still be ok if Georgetown won and beat UNC also. Call me crazy. I'm ok with Georgetown getting a few quality wins under their belt. Make it even better when we kick their butt. We owe them big time from 2013 and I want it on the biggest stage possible.

Any day that Uconn and Gtown could both lose is a day that you rout for their opponents!

Last edited:
Did Okie State not play defense in the second half yesterday? How the heck did UConn score 64 points in the second half? You score that much in a half, you should win.

Did Okie State not play defense in the second half yesterday? How the heck did UConn score 64 points in the second half? You score that much in a half, you should win.
You need to read the Boneyard. Didn't you know that it was a moral victory for Yukon. They played their hearts out. Isn't that what mid majors do? Hope for moral victories.

A great moral victory for us tonight.

We played most of the game without larrier and the whole game without alterique. Arguably 2not our 3 best players. Ok state is imo a top 25 team. We could have folded being undermanned yet we kept fighting and gave ourselves a chance to win. I'd chalk that up as a moral victory

Game one: The Boneyard is calling today's game a must, must, must win. I've already jumped aboard the Silverswords bandwagon and am calling for a must, must, must loss. Let's go Chaminade.

Must must must win.

Why would we want Wisky to lose? We can take care of them ourselves.

Point well taken but I'd still be ok if Georgetown won and beat UNC also. Call me crazy. I'm ok with Georgetown getting a few quality wins under their belt. Make it even better when we kick their butt. We owe them big time from 2013 and I want it on the biggest stage possible.
We owe them nothing from 2013. We beat them in the Big East tournament. And, we won the regional on their floor.

Everybody scores in that gym. Cooney had about 75 points in three games there back in 2013.

Everybody scores in that gym. Cooney had about 75 points in three games there back in 2013.

I think its because Chamanade is usually guard and 3pt shooting oriented so they have really soft rims there. I have never seen a jumper rim out there.

We owe them nothing from 2013. We beat them in the Big East tournament. And, we won the regional on their floor.

I don't think that I've ever had as much fun watching a non-Syracuse game as I did watching Dunk City whip Georgetown's a$$ from opening tap through the end of the game to knock those POS's out of the 2013 ncaa tournament. Man, was that great!

Why would we want Wisky to lose? We can take care of them ourselves.
Maybe it's just me, but I always look for the top teams to lose whether we play them or not. It's better for the big picture. Plus Wisky losing to Georgetown will most likely be considered a bad loss. It's not like losing to UNC if they happen to advance.

Spread for the Uconn game went from 19.5 to 15 lol. That is a ton of movement.