Tommy Devito in the portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy Devito in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no doubt. I bet there was a convo between the two and they agreed this was the best. Honestly it probably is. It’s GS’ team and having both there is just unneeded drama
in my section everybody was like put in devito, im like there is no chance he is playing unless shrader gets hurt.

My best guess is Kent State with Sean Lewis.
I said this back when GS took over…will be telling whether Lewis has interest in TD or not.

Keep in mind, he wasn’t a great fit in our offense. Why would he be a great fit in Lewis’. Going to be interesting to read the tea leaves here.

Thing is, I think he would have played some this year. I'm not sure that Shrader can take the pounding, week in and week out. Dude takes some hellacious hits, and gives some out of his own.
True. He probably still thinks he can make the NFL though, and wants to go somewhere where it’s his slot for a year.

Tommy might want to take a look at how Ben DiNucci handled himself. He went down to FCS for JMU and had himself a hell of a season and ended up with the Cowboys. He played less than TD originally at Pitt but found the perfect situation. Doubt he ever does more than getting that cameo in Dallas but based on what he had done over his first 3 yrs there was no one expecting him to get pro looks when he first transferred.

No shame in finding a top program in FCS and take your shot at putting up some big numbers.

I've felt very early on that Tommy picked the wrong football program to commit to. This situation with a poor offensive line, poor pass blocking, and questionable receiver talent was not the right place for him.

He would have done much better at a school where his style could be effectively implemented.

“it amazes me this kid is walking away mid-season, leaving his team in the lurch, and people still wish him well. Dude bailed on his teammates. Leave after the season. Fine. This? Quitting mid season? I will never respect that.“

oh I’m sorry...that was from the Taj thread.

of course, unlike that post which i disagree with. I thank Tommy for for the years of effort. Wish him best of the luck down the road

He needs to be in a Leach system. He was a good kid and teammate. However, I like mobile guys who can escape pressure. like our backup options as we know what we got with Devito and was not a fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom