Tony White to Nebraska | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White to Nebraska

I posted a fact- just look at the responses in the twitter thread. How is stating fact an over reaction? I think the over reaction is your response bud.
Because your 'fact' implies that a mass exodus is inevitable--because of players seeing something on Twitter. And don't call me 'bud', 'pal'.

View attachment 222931

This is the most trash reply I’ve seen. You’re celebrating him leaving your almamater for the same position at another school? I could see if TW was going to Nebraska as a head coach but a lateral move? Seems like a “Good luck” would be sufficient…
Eh, I don’t see it that way. A guy he cares about got a huge pay day. That’s all it is. It’s not anti-Syracuse. It’s just pro-Tony White.

Because your 'fact' implies that a mass exodus is inevitable--because of players seeing something on Twitter. And don't call me 'bud', 'pal'.

It implied nothing ffs. Absolutely nothing. So if that's what you took that's on you. It's nice to see a message board poster knows more about what I post than I do...smh

Husker fans were all over his feed. Like cuse fans are attacking players and coaches at times. You take what you want from that. I was just responding to it. Whether it means something or not depends on the person hearing it. Twitter does provide direct access which again just another fact.

Last edited:
Who knows maybe we will see him back here in a few years...

In all seriousness good luck to him. He was exactly the type of hire a program like us needs. We've all said in the past we would be okay if a head coach uses us a stepping stone because that means we would have had success. I guess the same needs to be true for assistants.

It implied nothing ffs. Absolutely nothing. So if that's what you took that's on you. It's nice to see a message board poster knows more about what I post than I do...smh

Husker fans were all over his feed. Like cuse fans are attacking players and coaches. You take what you want from that.

I know what you posted. Can't read your mind, nor would I want to.

People can read your initial post and reach whatever conclusion they want. To me, it was a 'The sky is falling' post b/c Nebraska fans/players are posting stuff on Twitter, and SU players maybe are reading it.

And, your condescending use of 'bud' was a bleephole move.

I know what you posted. Can't read your mind, nor would I want to.

People can read your initial post and reach whatever conclusion they want. To me, it was a 'The sky is falling' post b/c Nebraska fans/players are posting stuff on Twitter, and SU players maybe are reading it.

And, your condescending use of 'bud' was a bleephole move.

Again that's on you as was the smart-ass snarky first response. I responded in kind. You took it upon yourself to make it more than it was. All I did was point out the responses to the tweet someone else shared. Sorry that bothered you- but your interpretation wasn't even close.

The news sucks and hopefully we come out ok from it.

I'll let others decide for themselves. Your response was uncalled for as the whole notion of us being doomed b/c of what some people say on Twitter is, on its face, absurd.

Again point me to where I said the sky is falling. You took one sentence and extrapolated too much from it. That's literally it.

I mean as long as Swag Daddy is on staff I don't see a reason to panic about an exodus. Posters on here who know things have said that our NIL operation is much better than people think, too.

This sucks but I don't think I'll worry about player retention until there is a better reason to worry about it, right?

Everybody keeps saying go to the portal. We don’t have portal guys knocking down our doors. We’re not going to get higher level players to elevate the program. We’re more likely to get the status quo. Maybe more depth but not game changers.

You know this but white was the 5th highest paid SU employee. Believe right around $800k. More than Wildhack. We haven’t been cheap with coaches
no doubt, was and continue to be happy of the next level commitments of the past both here and with facilities improvements, but its a constantly moving train and unlike with the past eras of not being proactive, I'd like us to continue that to keep up with the Jones' of college football if its feasible. No one at any level says it's not. If it's not state so, if it is do it.

Always reactive instead of proactive, or continuing on with “never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity” up there. Could you imagine if they met and retained him, what message that would send to the college football heirachy? Especially for this guy who is clearly worth it.

That being that we’re in it to win it taking it to the level needed to compete at the highest level and will no longer be looked at as a non-destinations school. If all that’s not the goal and/or not possible state it.

Last edited:
Emily Leiker had an article yesterday regarding the roster where she said, "With the potential for Caleb Okechukwu to come back for another season, too." I thought that was an odd description. Hoping he stays.
I’m inferring this to mean Caleb saying everyone is panicking needlessly.

Again that's on you as was the smart-ass snarky first response. I responded in kind. You took it upon yourself to make it more than it was. All I did was point out the responses to the tweet someone else shared. Sorry that bothered you- but your interpretation wasn't even close.

The news sucks and hopefully we come out ok from it.
You two need a private chat room. Let it go for the love...

Wondering when we hear officially from Dino /JW... unless I missed a link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom