Tony White to Nebraska | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White to Nebraska

Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

Locket is from spfd., Mass He is going to leave Syracuse to go to Nebraska to be with White? And anyone who leaves can be replaced by the guys our new D coordinator brings with him.
I love your confidence.

Im not worried about the podcast leaving. Im more worried about our younger core

I'm not trying to spin anything. I like White . Wished he would have stayed. But it isn't the end of the world. And if you read the entire thread, KC said we wouldn't have won 4 games without White mixing and matching guys through our injuries. I don't believe that is true. We won our games early before we were destroyed by our injuries. But by all means, lets' panic.
We had major injuries the first game.

Eh, I don’t see it that way. A guy he cares about got a huge pay day. That’s all it is. It’s not anti-Syracuse. It’s just pro-Tony White.

You’re right. Josh elaborated. Said that Tony White “worked his ass off for this”. Meanwhile I spend a lot of time and energy rooting for a team that people “work their ass off” to get away from. Tough pill to swallow.

no doubt, was and continue to be happy of the next level commitments of the past both here and with facilities improvements, but its a constantly moving train and unlike with the past eras of not being proactive, I'd like us to continue that to keep up with the Jones' of college football if its feasible. No one at any level says it's not. If it's not state so, if it is do it.

Always reactive instead of proactive, or continuing on with “never missing an opportunity to miss an opportunity” up there. Could you imagine if they met and retained him, what message that would send to the college football heirachy?

That we’re in it to win it taking it to the level needed to compete at the highest level. If that’s not the goal and/or not possible state it.
He’s probably coming close to doubling his salary. It’s like taking an NFL gig.

Astros lost Carlos Correa and the guy who replaced him was the World Series MVP.

Gotta trust the rest of the staff learned something

Because we ran a specific defense and our roster is configured around that defense. I want Dino to get the best DC he can not be restricted to 3x3x5 because then the pool is smaller. But to switch from 3x3x5 we have to move fast and hit the portal hard for DL help.
Most of the guys were recruited for the 3-3-5. They will take that into consideration. Don’t think he will get away from something that works.

Last edited:
SMH What in the world could he have done with White. The guy got a lot more money to go to Nebraska. He also gets more job sucurity because the clock on his new head coach is just starting. White made a good business decision. And lets face it, every one of us knew, or should have know, he wasn't going to be here long term.
Im not sure what he could have done but whatever it was wasn’t enough.

Im not sure what he could have done but whatever it was wasn’t enough.
ever play black jack? Sometimes you get a 16 and the dealer has a 7 showing. You hit and bust. The dealer turns over his down card and it is a 10 You lose either way. Happens in life. You should know and understand that. This guy was going to leave at some point. Depending on how he acts now may have an impact on whether he ever comes back.

I guess Tony, besides the assumed big raise in pay, must thrive on challenges.

Nebraska needs help - their best record in the past eight years has been 9-4. This year as you can see 4-8, the year previous 3-9, 3-5, 5-7, 4-8, 4-8.

He has his work cut out for him.

RkYearConfWLTPctWLTPctSRSSOSAP PreAP HighAP PostCoach(es)BowlNotes
OverallConferenceSRSPolls
12022Big Ten480.333360.333-1.952.30Scott Frost (1-2), Mickey Joseph (3-6)
22021Big Ten390.250180.1117.106.60Scott Frost (3-9)
32020Big Ten350.375350.3750.145.14Scott Frost (3-5)
42019Big Ten570.417360.3332.674.002424Scott Frost (5-7)
52018Big Ten480.333360.3333.484.82Scott Frost (4-8)
62017Big Ten480.333360.3331.528.18Mike Riley (4-8)
72016Big Ten940.692630.6677.552.947Mike Riley (9-4)Music City Bowl-L
82015Big Ten670.462350.3756.563.94Mike Riley (6-7)Foster Farms Bowl-W
He didnt exactly walk into a winning program with us.

Wondering when we hear officially from Dino /JW... unless I missed a link.
Dino will use all of his time outs on this one. Hopefully as Dasher said hes prepared. Has his list and we will have our new DC anytime now.
Or not.

I think the timing of this is most upsetting. If he had left after next year, I think we’d be better off. I think we’d all like to see two years of stability back-to-back. Two years in a row where we reach a bowl game. Perhaps win this year’s bowl game and at least get to another one next year. I think that’s we’re all looking for. We need to start the train rolling, get some momentum. Turn that into recruiting wins…

Now, that’s all disrupted. A whole lot is up in the air and stability and momentum are not in the cards. A departure after next season would’ve been better. This year it jeopardizes whatever has been accomplished this year.

Welcome to CFB in the 21st century everyone. Is what it is. The only thing that matters is that the next decisions by DB and John work. It doesn’t matter that White left, he was going to. We have to make good hires on a regular basis b/c this is life moving forward if we can be consistently decent, in the very least.

Welcome to CFB in the 21st century everyone. Is what it is. The only thing that matters is that the next decisions by DB and John work. It doesn’t matter that White left, he was going to. We have to make good hires on a regular basis b/c this is life moving forward if we can be consistently decent, in the very least.

This 1000%, there was always a good chance White was leaving be it this year or next. People have to be honest, SU can't match the $$$ B10 and SEC schools can throw around with what they are getting a year and what ACC schools are getting.

Some of the defensive players seem to have been blindsided and don't seem particularly happy. So why exactly are we assuming they'd want to follow White, when they seem to feel betrayed?

I am sure we will lose a couple of players and maybe another coach but again this is natural we should be lucky to have the quality assistants that other programs are trying to poach.

I think the timing of this is most upsetting. If he had left after next year, I think we’d be better off. I think we’d all like to see two years of stability back-to-back. Two years in a row where we reach a bowl game. Perhaps win this year’s bowl game and at least get to another one next year. I think that’s we’re all looking for. We need to start the train rolling, get some momentum. Turn that into recruiting wins…

Now, that’s all disrupted. A whole lot is up in the air and stability and momentum are not in the cards. A departure after next season would’ve been better. This year it jeopardizes whatever has been accomplished this year.
This is a great post and exactly how I feel. Really wanted the possible improvements in recruiting that come with stacking bowl seasons before we had to weather this storm.

I knew we would lose him, but really wanted it to be next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom