Tony White to Nebraska | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White to Nebraska

Good coaches get poached or go to the NFL. SU found White now go get another future star coach.
What’s better for the program, finding the next superstar for a season or two or stability? Can’t count on catching lightning in a bottle every year. This impacts recruiting and portal implications.

I won’t fault a man for seizing generational wealth, in fact I’d even argue that a man with a wife and children morally has to if given the opportunity.

But this is damaging to the program in the short term. In an instant I’m not even sure what our team looks like next season.

Was a matter of time. Great guy.

This happens to good coaches on good teams every single year. The BiG and SEC are not immune either.

Just have to go out and find a good d-cord. who runs a 3-3-5. There are plenty out there.

Great coach, great guy, best of luck to him. Would not be shocked at all if he’s a head man somewhere within 3 years.

That being said, I’m confident we’ll find another good defensive coordinator. Dino killed with hiring white and did well hiring Anae and Beck. What gives me the most confidence though is Wildhack hasn’t been shy with the checkbook. We obviously don’t have Nebraska money but Wildhack is showing he’s not shy about giving out some money if we can get the right person. It’ll be interesting to see if White brings any coaches or players with him to Nebraska too. Wouldn’t be shocked if Linton ended up there and maybe another player or 2 and possibly coach.

Just want to move somewhat quickly with a new DC since signing day is almost here and the transfer portal is hot right now. Players need to know what’s up and who will be coaching them.

Wasn't White our second choice to the guy who taught him the 3-3-5? (Rocky Long?) Is he still available?

What’s better for the program, finding the next superstar for a season or two or stability? Can’t count on catching lightning in a bottle every year. This impacts recruiting and portal implications.

I won’t fault a man for seizing generational wealth, in fact I’d even argue that a man with a wife and children morally has to if given the opportunity.

But this is damaging to the program in the short term. In an instant I’m not even sure what our team looks like next season.

You just can't hang on to an assistant like that David, they all need to do this in most cases. I don't want him to leave but he's talented and other schools see that and talented people move on. Better than having to fire one that stayed that isn't good.

Instant thoughts:

Pete Thamal, your a bleeping troll! (I know he isn't but I can hold out hope)

Sorry to see White leave but it was this year or next. He has been a nightmare to plan against as long as the Offense held the ball a few minutes each quarter. Great guy by all accounts. Great recruiter. He has a bright future.

Other than money, why Nebraska? Seriously, they cannot recruit speed kids to the cornfields. Plus, the B1G is the definition of meathead football, some teams have yet to discover the forward pass. ( I know the forward pas is new and may be a fad, but I think it's here to stay). Not sure many east coast kids will want to look west of Michigan.

Best of luck. No, you cannot take Swag Daddy.

Is Swag Daddy ready for the DC spot? If so, secure him immediately.

Yeah, this is Syracuse.

That’s what happens here.

We don’t have the $$$$ to retain a guy at coordinator position forever

What hurts is he’s not even leaving for a HC spot, was the money better or something? Doesn’t seem like that conference would be complimentary to his system.
Nebby has gobs of money...

Wonder who out there runs a 3-3-5 successfully and is poachable for us?
Didn't Antonio Pierce run 3 3 5 in Arizona st after White came to SU? Maybe he'd come, he's lb coach for Raiders.

I thought part of coming to Cuse was to be closer to his Mom?
(Whom IIRC lived in the Bronx?)

I hope we at least countered.

This one really hurts. UGH.
im sure he's making enough money to move his mom anywhere

Wasn't White our second choice to the guy who taught him the 3-3-5? (Rocky Long?) Is he still available?
Rocky is an old dude and wants to stay out West, he is at New Mexico right now, his alma mater. chances of bringing him out here at age 72 are slim to none.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom