Tony White to Nebraska | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White to Nebraska

What’s better for the program, finding the next superstar for a season or two or stability? Can’t count on catching lightning in a bottle every year. This impacts recruiting and portal implications.

I won’t fault a man for seizing generational wealth, in fact I’d even argue that a man with a wife and children morally has to if given the opportunity.

But this is damaging to the program in the short term. In an instant I’m not even sure what our team looks like next season.
How is it going to affect 2023 recruiting? Not to kick the program while it is down but the current group of committed players isn’t exactly a highly rated group. You’re not wrong regarding uncommitted prospects but they weren’t exactly knocking down the door to come here either.

I'm assuming the money offered at SU vs Nebraska at this point is breaktakingly different. Good for him to find himself a more financially beneficial situation. We are playing in a big boy pond where two conferences are going to have 2x the money to pay vs the ACC in football.

HAVING SAID THAT....time is flat circle...

licensed-image

I'm assuming the money offered at SU vs Nebraska at this point is breaktakingly different. Good for him to find himself a more financially beneficial situation. We are playing in a big boy pond where two conferences are going to have 2x the money to pay vs the ACC in football.

HAVING SAID THAT...time is flat circle...

licensed-image

those pants RULE

How is it going to affect 2023 recruiting? Not to kick the program while it is down but the current group of committed players isn’t exactly a highly rated group. You’re not wrong regarding uncommitted prospects but they weren’t exactly knocking down the door to come here either.
It creates instability on the defensive side of the ball, in this transfer portal age that isn’t a good thing. I often see players from other programs transferring when their is a coaching change and even following their coaches.

I can assure you guys whatever within reason could be done to counter and retain White was done.

We’ll find a new DC and march on.

It sucks but this isnt a KO.

The mob will still keep mobbin. We certainly will see transfers though. Thats just a reality.

I have 5 names I absolutely hope say, and I wont name them for fear of jynxing it.

I'm going to be really PISSED off if Tucker does not play in our pinstripe bowl though,
Personally I wish that coaching contracts were structured so that they have to stay til after bowl games, but maybe they are and they just leave when needed. There’s not much transparency in any of this.

Well look at it this way, since White won't be coaching at the Pinestripe it'll be like an audition for the job. I want a SU guy coaching the SU game.

So what does everyone think the number was - million per?
Who knows but not knowing is so odd. It also stinks that some on twitter are blaming SU, that’s not fair because none of us know the money involved, counters etc

And when I say odd I don’t mean for CFB, I just mean in theory.

You think we would have at least tried to match it.
We don’t know what he is getting and what we counter offered with and if we even had a chance to.

Kinda hard to not be in a "screw Tony White" sort of mood when you see this, despite it being a business decision. We will be fortunate to land half as good a DC next year. Uproots everything. We were on the come up. Sometimes he felt like the only guy on the sideline with a head on his shoulders. Thought he could be our head coach in a couple years.

Just another reason to not be emotionally invested in college football I guess. Something like this will always happen. It's when not if. Will maintain a screw Tony White attitude for a couple days and then wish him well eventually.

You don't want him.

He's in the NFL and ASU is a mess is no coincidence.
Yes, he was a snake who hated the 3-3-5 and helped get rid of it.

Stupid and sleazy.

Tony did a great job here and I will always be appreciative of what he accomplished. Good luck to him in Nebraska.

Dan Gonzales is the HC at New Mexico. Long time assistant under Rocky Long at SD State. He is rumored to be very much on the hot seat. Went 2-10 this year and lost his last 9 games in a row.

Make him a big offer and get him on the staff.

If you want to be a big time school, you have to do things like hire HCs of G5 schools as your coordinator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom