Top 40/100 players on elite 8 teams not named Duke/UK | Syracusefan.com

Top 40/100 players on elite 8 teams not named Duke/UK

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Texas Tech- 1 in the top 100(Role player)
Purdue- 1 in the top 100
Virginia- 1 top 40 and 5 top 100
Gonzaga- 2 in the top 100
Auburn- 4 in the top 100
Sparty-1 who plays in top 40 and 7 top 100

Bottom line is the player ratings of the guys we recruited this year and on our roster is better or about the same as all these schools above and posters are complaining we can’t recruit.

We just need to find guys who can fill a specific role most notably inside and at point guard. Seems to me that the schools above are better at player development than us as it currently stands.

Give it up. Our program is trash. Our coaches gave up years ago. Can’t recruit, haven’t made an adjustment in-game since we switched uniform tops at halftime of an NIT game, won’t listen to advice from Charles Barkley. It just doesn’t end.

Purdue- 1 in the top 100
Auburn- 4 in the top 100

How many does Duke and UK have?

UK has 8 in the top 40 and 9 top 100
Duke has 7 in the top 40 and 8 top 100

Purdue- 1 in the top 100
Auburn- 4 in the top 100

Bottom line is the player ratings of the guys we recruited this year and on our roster is better or about the same as all these schools above and posters are complaining we can’t recruit.

We just need to find guys who can fill a specific role most notably inside and at point guard. Seems to me that the schools above are better at player development than us as it currently stands.
I agree with your main point. It should also be considered that Texas Tech, Kentucky, Auburn and Gonzaga (don’t know about the others) each have at least 1 very successful transfer as a key player. And there’s also the part about guys who are willing to redshirt which UVA does a lot I think.

I agree with your main point. It should also be considered that Texas Tech, Kentucky, Auburn and Gonzaga (don’t know about the others) each have at least 1 very successful transfer as a key player. And there’s also the part about guys who are willing to redshirt which UVA does a lot I think.

In some cases those transfers were ranked. In other cases they weren’t. We happen to have Eli Hughes on the roster who wasn’t ranked. My main point is you don’t nescessarily have to recruit top 100 players to be good. Careen Edwards was not a top 100 player for instance.

However, this board is infatuated with top 100 players.

In some cases those transfers were ranked. In other cases they weren’t. We happen to have Eli Hughes on the roster who wasn’t ranked. My main point is you don’t nescessarily have to recruit top 100 players to be good. Careen Edwards was not a top 100 player for instance.

However, this board is infatuated with top 100 players.

I fully agree with your point. However, I will say that loading up on talent year after year and stocking the roster with top 10 talent sure makes things a lot easier (I.e. duke and Kentucky). When you recruit at a lower level you need to develop and hope things fit together. Duke and Kentucky have a much easier situation.

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom