Top 8 in new AP poll are 113-3 but 0-2 against the CUSE!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Top 8 in new AP poll are 113-3 but 0-2 against the CUSE!!!

I still prefer Arizona's 3 biggest wins over Syracuse's 3 biggest wins, because Arizona has 2 top 25 level road wins. Both teams have proved their worth as 1-2 (so far) with wins away from home, but a road win is even more legit than a neutral win. So I give Arizona the edge - shoot me.

W at San Diego St (road)
W at Michigan (r0ad_
W vs Duke (neutral)

vs

W vs Villanova (home)
W vs Baylor (neutral)
W vs Minnesota (neutral)

I think its kind of a tie goes to the runner or incumbant in this case. Duke is slipping out towards the end of the top 25, michigan is unranked and sdst is moving up. If you add our other wins in there I think it gives us a slight advantage but not enough to say we should jump them. In all honesty I am ok being ranked 2nd vs first.

Kansas has played the toughest schedule in the country. That lost to San Diego State was really their first bad loss and honestly SD State is a good team its just you don't expect them to lose at the Phog. Losing to Villanova, @Florida, @Colorado is one thing, but the SD State at home is another. Also, that team is scary in March when their talent will be more gelled together. Self can actually coach and develop talent unlike Calipari who just relies on his talent to bail him out. Kansas is the team I want no part of before the Final Four in March/April.

I am gonna disagree slightly on Self. Kansas' best NBA player is still Hinrich. The twins are doing ok and Xavier is playing a little better but otherwise their pros have been much larger dissapointments than ours. Also KU cannot defend in the backcourt and they don't have any playmaking at guard. Selden is just a power guard with a so so handle, Mason is too raw and mistake prone and their sr guard who was supposed to take the reigns has been awful.

Honestly, as long as we are the top seed in the East region I don't care if we are ranked 1, 2, 3, 4. I almost don't want to be #1 to fly as little under the radar as we can. This is good, but I don't care to be #1 just because you always get everyone's best punch. Being #2 jacks people up, but being #1 puts even more of a spotlight on you. If you ask me honestly I think we will be favored in every game till we go to play @Pittsburgh, but I don't expect to start 23-0 one of North Carolina, @Wake Forest, Duke, Pittsburgh will likely trip us up. I just hope when we lose a game the board doesn't start having a meltdown. I don't mind losing a game if the other team outplays us I just hate losing when we lose because we let the other team play stall ball and steal one.

I am gonna disagree slightly on Self. Kansas' best NBA player is still Hinrich. The twins are doing ok and Xavier is playing a little better but otherwise their pros have been much larger dissapointments than ours. Also KU cannot defend in the backcourt and they don't have any playmaking at guard. Selden is just a power guard with a so so handle, Mason is too raw and mistake prone and their sr guard who was supposed to take the reigns has been awful.

The NCAA tournament is all about guard play. The teams with the better guards win.

Kansas does not have good guards.

Well Paul Pierce is better than Hinrich, but neither are Self guys. I would say Mario Chalmers is Self's best KU NBA player. Kansas has had busts in the twins, McLenmore(thus far), Xavier Henry etc.

Morris has now submitted the same ballot 3 weeks in a row. Dude needs to be kicked off the list of voters.

literally the smartest post of all time.

its shocking how much he doesnt care. and how much the leaders of the poll or his newspaper dont care.

Does anyone know how the AP goes about deciding who votes and who doesn't.

Something similar to this apparently...

picking-teams.jpg

Chalmers has had a nice career in Miami.

The NCAA tournament is all about guard play. The teams with the better guards win.

Kansas does not have good guards.
Wiggins, Embeed(best prospect in college IMO), Perry Ellis will be a scary 3 team combo in March. Kansas has to much talent for me to want to play. I think we could beat them, but I would prefer to avoid them till the Final Four. Kansas can be zoned for sure, but I wouldn't want them in our region.

Wiggins, Embeed(best prospect in college IMO), Perry Ellis will be a scary 3 team combo in March. Kansas has to much talent for me to want to play. I think we could beat them, but I would prefer to avoid them till the Final Four. Kansas can be zoned for sure, but I wouldn't want them in our region.

It is certainly possible. Wiggins should demand the ball every possession and they should go to ellis and embiid every time against mtm. None of that is happening in large part because of Wiggins demeanor and the guards ineptitude. Sure there is time but with Baylor, Okie St and Iowa St looking damn good KU is gonna get shoved around in the B12.

Honestly, as long as we are the top seed in the East region I don't care if we are ranked 1, 2, 3, 4. I almost don't want to be #1 to fly as little under the radar as we can. This is good, but I don't care to be #1 just because you always get everyone's best punch. Being #2 jacks people up, but being #1 puts even more of a spotlight on you. If you ask me honestly I think we will be favored in every game till we go to play @Pittsburgh, but I don't expect to start 23-0 one of North Carolina, @Wake Forest, Duke, Pittsburgh will likely trip us up. I just hope when we lose a game the board doesn't start having a meltdown. I don't mind losing a game if the other team outplays us I just hate losing when we lose because we let the other team play stall ball and steal one.

Agreed. All that matters is that we take the 1 seed. Zona is a lock for he West, and you gotta assume either Mich St or OSU will get the Midwest (sorry Wisconsin, not sold on you)... The South has no obvious choices (maybe also either Mich St or OSU). With Duke struggling, UNC being very mediocre, etc... we would have to lose at least 4 or 5 games i think for us to lose this 1 seed.

Seems we are in VERY good shape.

He should at least site his sources!

Hey Mike -SITE YOUR SOURCES!! (we know you read this board).
If Mike took the tweet from someone else, he would site it 100 out of 100 times. He obviously already knew the stat. It isn't like it was a secret.

Ron Morris is incompetent. Why is he allowed to vote on these things? He has a serious problem with Syracuse.

I would say he has a serious problem with many things beyond Syracuse.

If it was just Syracuse at #6, he could probably make some lame argument. But his entire poll is littered with garbage. I am surprised he goes with the flow with Arizona at #1.

If Mike took the tweet from someone else, he would site it 100 out of 100 times. He obviously already knew the stat. It isn't like it was a secret.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure I saw TNIAAM retweet this from someone on Saturday night (though that could have been OP).

Kansas has played the toughest schedule in the country. That lost to San Diego State was really their first bad loss and honestly SD State is a good team its just you don't expect them to lose at the Phog. Losing to Villanova, @Florida, @Colorado is one thing, but the SD State at home is another. Also, that team is scary in March when their talent will be more gelled together. Self can actually coach and develop talent unlike Calipari who just relies on his talent to bail him out. Kansas is the team I want no part of before the Final Four in March/April.
I didn't mean that they're not a good team and I realize they have lost to high quality opponents. But 4 loses is 4 loses. i just wanted to draw attention to the fact that blue blood programs like KU get treatment that other elite programs don't.

Ron%20Morris.JPG

This man's ballot
1Arizona (60)15-01,6201
2Ohio State15-01,4703
3Louisville13-282514
4Michigan State13-11,3785
5Florida11-21,05212
6Syracuse (5)14-01,5502
7Oklahoma State12-29346
8Wisconsin15-01,4274
9Duke11-37457
10San Diego State12-182321
11Kentucky10-380815
12Baylor12-11,1699
13Wichita State15-01,2038
14Villanova13-11,14111
15Iowa State13-01,07613
16Massachusetts12-136423
17Colorado13-275220
18Kansas9-436716
19Oregon13-171510
20Iowa12-326122
21George Washington12-2928
22North Carolina10-47919
23Michigan10-41134
24Memphis10-312618
25Pittsburgh13-14437
He gets attention for being a tool. But don't worry, it's a natural fit for him.
Best team in the country boyeeeee!

It's remarkable that this guy gets away with it considering how he's got to be called out publicly for his vote. I remember Morris from a year or two ago when Cuse was ranked 1 and he had them 4th or 5th. Haven't read Waters column yet but maybe he mentions it.

Also is cite people, not site. Unless you're going to the site where this jackass lives to hit him in the head with a tack hammer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom