Top ten recruits | Syracusefan.com

Top ten recruits

Define "land".

Your right lol, actually suit up and play. Just seems like with the fact we never really get top ten recruits anymore and the ever changing landscape of college ball we may not get one for a longggg time

I’m going to say zero...not that I don’t think we’ll be an attractive landing spot, but zero, in the hopes that this forces the NBA to let high school kids back in the draft.

I’m going to say zero...not that I don’t think we’ll be an attractive landing spot, but zero, in the hopes that this forces the NBA to let high school kids back in the draft.

Yup, my thinking as well.

Yep, I think this scenario is what may be more likely to change vs. Bazley being the self anointed 'trailblazer' of these types following suit and going to the G league.

Yep, I think this scenario is what may be more likely to change vs. Bazley being the self anointed 'trailblazer' of these types following suit and going to the G league.
True...the only reason I can even seem to wrap my head around this is that the only reason this hasn’t happened sooner is that other top players are getting more than the 26k from whatever “school” they decide to “commit” to. I mean it’s not like the one and done top ten talents give two craps what kind of educational institution they are attending. Why not make a little money and play basketball full time and not even bother attending class(or fake classes...right UNC!).

Yeah the only way I see us landing a top 10 player is if we get an early commitment from a guy like Goodine and he continues to blow up

Yeah the only way I see us landing a top 10 player is if we get an early commitment from a guy like Goodine and he continues to blow up

but by definition, no matter how much they blow up, the fact that they signed with us means the BS ranking systems won't elevate them very high.

Yup. Like Bazley...he was more top 30 type when he verballed here last summer.

Carmelo too.

I would not care if they decided to only admit 5'8" math majors into College as long as it was across the board and stayed competitive. Back to the days when it was "special" to see a player dunk... I enjoy seeing High School kids play.

That's what happened here and he didn't come.
I know that I’m just stating that’s probably the only way it does happen.

If I remember correctly when Donte Greene committed to was around the 40’s but wound up in the top ten at least on a couple of the recruiting sites.

I would not care if they decided to only admit 5'8" math majors into College as long as it was across the board and stayed competitive. Back to the days when it was "special" to see a player dunk... I enjoy seeing High School kids play.

You must really like amateurism because high school basketball is awful to watch.

Boeheim supposedly watches college ball for than anyone. Admittedly 24/7 he said recently. It seems like every presser he’s saying about the opposition that, “They’re a very good offensive team,” or “They’re a tremendous offensive team.” He is watching the F4 now. Do you think he is like gee I wish we could do that? Why can’t we do do that? How are they doing that. That’s a great set. How can I be doing that? Those sorts of questions or is he just in a fog doing interviews or whatever. The offense must get better or else nobody will come here. I mean it’s freaking ludicrous when earlier in the season he said that they (paraphrasing) don’t move the ball and get assists or pass. They drive the ball. What happens when secondary help comes duh?!

Im asking this sincerely because I dont follow this anywhere closely as much as some of you. If the NBA wanted to do that to keep HS players from going to the G League(tm), why couldnt they just ban them from the G League the same way they ban them from the draft? Is it a players association vs owners type of deal or what?

When’s Carmelo’s kid eligible!?!? At least we know the Knicks won’t tamper with trying to get him.

Im asking this sincerely because I dont follow this anywhere closely as much as some of you. If the NBA wanted to do that to keep HS players from going to the G League(tm), why couldnt they just ban them from the G League the same way they ban them from the draft? Is it a players association vs owners type of deal or what?
Pretty sure the wording is just that they need to be a year removed from high school in order to be eligible to play in the NBA. Doesn’t matter where they spend that year. Since the G League is still considered “developmental” it would require some specific wording within bargaining with the players union in order to change that.

It’s pretty apparent the entire rule needs to be addressed. As just about everyone on this board has said...the MLB has the correct recipe.

Boeheim supposedly watches college ball for than anyone. Admittedly 24/7 he said recently. It seems like every presser he’s saying about the opposition that, “They’re a very good offensive team,” or “They’re a tremendous offensive team.” He is watching the F4 now. Do you think he is like gee I wish we could do that? Why can’t we do do that? How are they doing that. That’s a great set. How can I be doing that? Those sorts of questions or is he just in a fog doing interviews or whatever. The offense must get better or else nobody will come here. I mean it’s freaking ludicrous when earlier in the season he said that they (paraphrasing) don’t move the ball and get assists or pass. They drive the ball. What happens when secondary help comes duh?!

The offense hasn't stopped anyone from coming here. The tempo decreased dramatically when Ennis took over, yet SU was still able to land good classes and All-American type players. Syracuse's problem is that as soon as guys hear their name in a mock draft, they leave school. SU would not be in the position that it is in today if Richardson, McCullough, Lydon and the other countless names that have left early stayed at least one more year.

The offense hasn't stopped anyone from coming here. The tempo decreased dramatically when Ennis took over, yet SU was still able to land good classes and All-American type players. Syracuse's problem is that as soon as guys hear their name in a mock draft, they leave school. SU would not be in the position that it is in today if Richardson, McCullough, Lydon and the other countless names that have left early stayed at least one more year.
B059562F-7755-4611-BC07-AEE98D3D49F2.png

What all American type have we brought in?

1 young kid from saugerties
The kid is going away to Prep school after scoring 1,000 varsity points after playing 7th and 8th grade on the varsity. I read an interview with him in an online Hudson Valley website and ths kid said his dream is to go to Duke. Gotta change that narrative. He is 6'7 and in the ninth grade next year. Why are we not his dream school?

True...the only reason I can even seem to wrap my head around this is that the only reason this hasn’t happened sooner is that other top players are getting more than the 26k from whatever “school” they decide to “commit” to. I mean it’s not like the one and done top ten talents give two craps what kind of educational institution they are attending. Why not make a little money and play basketball full time and not even bother attending class(or fake classes...right UNC!).

So I have mostly stayed out the Bazely threads, has anyone else stolen this spinzone take; that at least this gives you a pretty good indication we weren't paying the guy to come here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom