Total conjecture thread. All invited | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Total conjecture thread. All invited

Agree with most, but I don't get the puzzling last sentence. Buddy's brother and sisiter survive just fine. Of all the players to worry for, you pick the millionaire ;)
A new coach comes in and wants to play man to man all the time and thinks buddy can't guard acc 2 guards

Yeah going to be 16-2 in conference and most likely a 9 seed.
They are a 9 seed though because of not winning any out of conference games. Next year if they are going to be much better and no matter how bad the PAC 12 is they would have a good seed if they beat the non-conference slate. Gonzaga may play in a bad conference but they are a 1 seed.

That will be disappointing - great opportunity for JW to put his stamp on the athletic program. I know everyone loves him but so IMHO he looks like he works for JB.
For Wildhack the reality is that no matter how good Babers does going forward if he doesn't hire a basketball coach to replace JAB that has some success it will cost him his job. If he has JB sign off then he has someone in his corner that in retirement will still swing a heavy stick.

Ugh... on one hand he can coach... on the other hand he's Buzz Williams... Will admit tho, he has taken a chill pill this past season, almost like hes now taking his required meds

It's definitely the vests.

For Wildhack the reality is that no matter how good Babers does going forward if he doesn't hire a basketball coach to replace JAB that has some success it will cost him his job. If he has JB sign off then he has someone in his corner that in retirement will still swing a heavy stick.
Wrong. That is not how Syracuse University operates, thankfully.

wow, Seattle. You really believe Syracuse isn’t one of the top 10 or 15 jobs in the country? I’m shocked you’re in that camp.
I definitely believe it's a top ten job.

A new coach comes in and wants to play man to man all the time and thinks buddy can't guard acc 2 guards
Shooters play. James Harden (extreme example) doesn't defend.

Wouldn't you rather Autry go to a mid-major program for 3-4 years and actually demonstrate that he can be a head coach first?

I want to get out of this culture we have that only SU grads can be assistants and head coaches here. It limits our options severely.
Of course i do. My point is that i seriously doubt The Wild one will go outside the program knowing that JBs three assistants and entire staff will become unemployed. Firing a coach, or a coach leaving for another job is one thing. I can count on one hand the times i can remember any major college sports team having to replace a coach due to their retirement. This is uncharted waters for most schools.

Just what we need is JB trying to convince us he can win with this offensive philosophy.

I have to admit this creates a funny image. JB doubling down on this offense like he did years ago with the zone. A player would walk it across half court, stand 37 feet from the basket slowly dribbling while flipping off the world for 26 seconds before jacking up a set shot from that spot. Every possession for 40 minutes.

Either my post was deleted (which would be disappointing) or my computer did something funny late last night, so I'll post again and see.

In my opinion, if Wildhack hires Autry and doesn't go outside the program for an experienced head coach, that means JB is really his boss, the hire will probably be a bad one, and it will probably cost Wildhack his job a couple years later. This program could tank with a crap hire. Attendance could go the way of football, and the entire athletic department could be in a world of pain.

I hope, of course, that none of that happens.

Shooters play. James Harden (extreme example) doesn't defend.
That's false. The narrative that James Harden does not defend is the classic case of something that might have been somewhat true in years prior, that is continually brought up now but completely false today.

Either my post was deleted (which would be disappointing) or my computer did something funny late last night, so I'll post again and see.

In my opinion, if Wildhack hires Autry and doesn't go outside the program for an experienced head coach, that means JB is really his boss, the hire will probably be a bad one, and it will probably cost Wildhack his job a couple years later. This program could tank with a crap hire. Attendance could go the way of football, and the entire athletic department could be in a world of pain.

No posts deleted last night or today in this thread.

patrick beilein????
I love this idea but is it a smack in the face to Autry and Griffin? I mean is being HC at LeMoyne provide any more or less qualifications then being AC at Syracuse?

What a mess up by not having Hopkins take over last season. May forever be something we look back as the biggest mistake the program ever made, and what led to our possible downfall.
I’ve definitely worried that we made a mistake not moving into the Hop era. JB is a great coach and you don’t want to push him out when he’s making Final Fours, but the succession plan handing over the reigns to Hop would have secured the future of the program. I always felt that way.

I’m not saying it isn’t a top job I’m saying they had their chance to hold JB to the timetable and didn’t do it. They could have hired a young coach who wasn’t a Syracuse guy. They decided to sign JB to an extension.

And they can't hire a young coach when JB retires?

I love this idea but is it a smack in the face to Autry and Griffin? I mean is being HC at LeMoyne provide any more or less qualifications then being AC at Syracuse?
YES it certainly does. additionally we need to go outside of our program

JB does not want Autry as the next HC

they both have zero experience, i think that should be non starter, go get a HC job somewhere else and prove it 1st.

There is no doubt that the events of a couple of weeks ago are going to affect JB. How? Not sure.

Let’s roll out the possibility that JB doesn’t want to stay three more years...what if he stays two more - Buddy graduates in 3 years and grad transfers and JB steps down?

Plausible?

(Pure speculation here, no inside info).
I wonder how interested JB would be in watching Buddy (and Jimmy) as purely a parent in the crowd? It would hardly surprise me if he stepped down any time before Jimmy’s senior year and spent the rest of his 3 kids’ careers watching from the crowd with Juli. There’s gotta be something inside him saying just that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom