totally disgusted | Syracusefan.com

totally disgusted

T

tipphill

happens year in and year out---until we get some class facilities in place and real estate salesmen for recruiting we will remain DISMAL. no doubt about it,spin it anyway you want but we are barely an also ran.to add to my rave hcdm needs to lighten up. the complete meltdown this year was all on him.he may be a good judge of talent but he cannot seal the deals----and having archaic facilities does not help in any. sick and tired of all the excuses. the big need is 1st class facilities. with out the talent i don't care who the coach is, it will not sustain consistency in winning.hell we can't get off the drawing board!!!just sick of this bullsh..

Oh for the love of god, get a freakin' grip. Its one decommit. Happens everywhere. And how many decommits has Marrone had in his tenure?
forest through the trees? we are consistent in not being able to recruit

As fan of the orange I have to admit it is a bit frustrating when something like this happens. Cuseman you are right in that it isn't the end of the world, it was only one commit. But I think some of us look at it a bit differently in the sense that this kid was highly regarded by the staff's own assessment (if not they wouldn't have gone after him).
You see, in the current state of the football program we are really not competing for heralded high 4 star or 5 star recruits.
This is Syracuse University circa 2012 and honestly we're in contention for 2 star/3 star and if we get lucky sprinkle a couple of fours there somewhere.

So I believe to say it was just another commit get over it is realistic yes!. However, others may really take it to heart and be perhaps more indignant simply beacuse those fans know that a LeRoy Owens is perhaps what the staff can pull out currently in terms of best available talent. Now, I am not saying he was the program's savior but certainly could have helped us in getting to the next level or at least help shore up an area of need.
(At this point it seens we have holes at every position)

BTW, and to put it a bit into perspective a good comparison of what I am trying to portray is the acenario with that de-commit from UGA. The big OLineman that now seems to have S.U. as a possible destination.
I am almost sure it is not much of a big deal as you point it out to loose out on a kid like that because the University of Georgia is a Top program currently in college ball. Therefore, I am sure they already have some else lined up to take that spot and better talent as opposed if it was Syracuse loosing the commit.

We are just not there yet, and I think that is why loosing a LeRoy Owens stings more to say some of the orange faithful in comparison to UGA per say.

Just my 2 cents...I truly hope the staff is able to hang on to the commits we do have currently. Please people I am talking about retention of prospects I am not condemning nor bashing the staff. I t is my wish/hope we can hang on to 'em. In the end I am sure we will.

...Let's finish this recruting period strong!!!...GO ORANGE!

I said this at the beginning of recruiting, that if Leroy Owens didn't play for SU, then I'm no longer a fan.

I'll miss you Syracuse.

Go FIU Fighting whatever they're calleds.

We're not whining about losing a local kid to the big boys. We're not whining about losing a legacy so we won't be able to reminisce about the old man's days playing here.

We're whining about a guy who, when he committed, was on NO ONE'S radar. A guy who took a lesser option to be "close to home" (hint hint).

Yeah, this is disgusting all right.

None of us know why this kid "de-committed". It could be he started getting the luke-warm vibes from SU due to their interest in another player. Sure, he said he wanted to be closer to home but maybe just an excuse to save face a bit. Pure speculation, yes. But possible. The point is, signing day is only 7 days, 8 hours and 4 minutes away. Let's see what happens at that time and judge the class then.

None of us know why this kid "de-committed". It could be he started getting the luke-warm vibes from SU due to their interest in another player. Sure, he said he wanted to be closer to home but maybe just an excuse to save face a bit. Pure speculation, yes. But possible. The point is, signing day is only 7 days, 8 hours and 4 minutes away. Let's see what happens at that time and judge the class then.

The fact is, nobody really knows the series of events as to how this came about. Sure, maybe he just flipped. Then again, maybe he has academic issues, maybe the staff moved on, told him he didn't meet certain criteria. That is the biggest issue in my opinion but I don't have the answer, well at least right now but I seem to remember him being a big question mark academically from what I was told months ago. Do you think the kid is going to say that he didn't live up to his end of the bargain?

happens year in and year out---until we get some class facilities in place and real estate salesmen for recruiting we will remain DISMAL. no doubt about it,spin it anyway you want but we are barely an also ran.to add to my rave hcdm needs to lighten up. the complete meltdown this year was all on him.he may be a good judge of talent but he cannot seal the deals----and having archaic facilities does not help in any. sick and tired of all the excuses. the big need is 1st class facilities. with out the talent i don't care who the coach is, it will not sustain consistency in winning.hell we can't get off the drawing board!!!just sick of this bullsh..
I understand the frustration IB. I do agree with the meltdown finger point but some has to be placed on the players themselves who just never showed up for five straight games.:bat:

You forgot that Mackey is way too small and Nassib is only good enough to complete 28% of his passes in conference... oh and the fans suck.

Uh, okay.

I understand the frustration IB. I do agree with the meltdown finger point but some has to be placed on the players themselves who just never showed up for five straight games.:bat:

Wasn't me Cali, I tend to reserve my meltdowns for during the season.. I relax in the off season,a kinder gentler barrel. I don't sweat some 2 star from Florida

and the other side of extreme is...

happens year in and year out---we have the greatest facilities, hottest co-eds, best bars, NFL-connected coaches which likely guarantees you a spot in the league, free smoothies, ridiculous housing. HCDM is constantly holding open houses for the fans, where he throws out high fives to everyone; at his luncheons he gives out free BCS tickets that SU is playing in... on his dime. If he doesn't slow down winning, Joe Pa's record has a snowball's chance in hell. It has to be tough for him figuring out which 5-star will be the backup at MLB.

:eek:

meltdown for sure -- by su's inability to provide competitive facilities. if we had them do you think we would be looking at flips, recruits wavering at the last minute taking other visits.? maybe we would contend for a higher level of talent??? why do we get out recruited by rutgers----facilities---imagination. we are running a second to third class program----marrone and company operate on shoe string ---and it shows---gross,cantor etal need to commit to spend on facilities and grow the program and get off the fence. the outcome is if they don't do it is we will be discussing this same thing 5yrs from now,but there will be less of us interested-----fans do get burned out on bullsh..

meltdown for sure -- by su's inability to provide competitive facilities. if we had them do you think we would be looking at flips, recruits wavering at the last minute taking other visits.? maybe we would contend for a higher level of talent??? why do we get out recruited by rutgers----facilities---imagination. we are running a second to third class program----marrone and company operate on shoe string ---and it shows---gross,cantor etal need to commit to spend on facilities and grow the program and get off the fence. the outcome is if they don't do it is we will be discussing this same thing 5yrs from now,but there will be less of us interested-----fans do get burned out on bullsh..

Most fans don't give a rats ass about any of the stuff that we discuss at nauseum here. Like the time it takes Doug to hire assistants. I agree that we need to spend money on facilities just to stay closer behind or catch up somewhat. This starts in a few weeks and hopefully they can keep going for the next 3-4 years.

Guys what is the latest on the rebuild. I know that IB talked about the bid process. Is there any idea what this is going to look like and does it include any additional upgrades to Manley? I have seen Manley and i think that for short change say 3-5m they could really make that a world class facility. Locker rooms meeting rooms training rooms all need to be gutted and replaced. Im not sure of the total tab but one would think that for a total of 10m if they kept Manley we could really end up with something very competative. Last point i heard this was a go in the fall but have been away and out of touch since than and my Dad has been sick so he is out of the loop as well. Any news?

Job Bids next week I believe, budget is about 4.5 million, New coaches locker room, players locker rooms, lounge, cafe, and addition to the hall of fame room. It will be a very nice renovation when it's done and it looks like the budget is more than reasonable, will be done for the most part by August, minus the hall of fame addition. It will help for sure, next will be the practice facility for football and then locker rooms in the Dome which are attrocious

Job Bids next week I believe, budget is about 4.5 million, New coaches locker room, players locker rooms, lounge, cafe, and addition to the hall of fame room. It will be a very nice renovation when it's done and it looks like the budget is more than reasonable, will be done for the most part by August, minus the hall of fame addition. It will help for sure, next will be the practice facility for football and then locker rooms in the Dome which are attrocious
thank god they are finally getting the Dome locker rooms cleaned up. I don't think they've done anything but add TV's in the last 30 years.

thank god they are finally getting the Dome locker rooms cleaned up. I don't think they've done anything but add TV's in the last 30 years.

I've said it before, but my HS had better varsity football lockers, and as a public school we didn't exactly have cash to burn. That is definitely a pressing need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As fan of the orange I have to admit it is a bit frustrating when something like this happens. Cuseman you are right in that it isn't the end of the world, it was only one commit. But I think some of us look at it a bit differently in the sense that this kid was highly regarded by the staff's own assessment (if not they wouldn't have gone after him).
You see, in the current state of the football program we are really not competing for heralded high 4 star or 5 star recruits.
This is Syracuse University circa 2012 and honestly we're in contention for 2 star/3 star and if we get lucky sprinkle a couple of fours there somewhere.

So I believe to say it was just another commit get over it is realistic yes!. However, others may really take it to heart and be perhaps more indignant simply beacuse those fans know that a LeRoy Owens is perhaps what the staff can pull out currently in terms of best available talent. Now, I am not saying he was the program's savior but certainly could have helped us in getting to the next level or at least help shore up an area of need.
(At this point it seens we have holes at every position)

BTW, and to put it a bit into perspective a good comparison of what I am trying to portray is the acenario with that de-commit from UGA. The big OLineman that now seems to have S.U. as a possible destination.
I am almost sure it is not much of a big deal as you point it out to loose out on a kid like that because the University of Georgia is a Top program currently in college ball. Therefore, I am sure they already have some else lined up to take that spot and better talent as opposed if it was Syracuse loosing the commit.

We are just not there yet, and I think that is why loosing a LeRoy Owens stings more to say some of the orange faithful in comparison to UGA per say.

Just my 2 cents...I truly hope the staff is able to hang on to the commits we do have currently. Please people I am talking about retention of prospects I am not condemning nor bashing the staff. I t is my wish/hope we can hang on to 'em. In the end I am sure we will.

...Let's finish this recruting period strong!!!...GO ORANGE!
in the end i am sure it will be syracuse business as usual--status quo--less than mediocrity--same ol same ol..