tough board question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

tough board question

See I think the opposite; I'm not sure how good Duke is (though never doubt Coach K). I think winning @Pitt gives us a huge advantage in winning the league

You need to factor in how big of a loss Durand Johnson is. I mean that is a KILLER loss for that team. He was their instant offense spark off the bench and a proven third scorer for that team. No doubt he would have went for 12 and 5 against us Saturday had he played. I was basing my comments on him being out which mark my words will have an effect on that team.

Tonights game against Tech should be a must watch for any fan.

See I think the opposite; I'm not sure how good Duke is (though never doubt Coach K). I think winning @Pitt gives us a huge advantage in winning the league
If I knew Pitt was legit I would agree, but they haven't challenged themselves enough for me to know how good they are actually are. Duke is going to end up at worst 12-6/13-5. I have no idea if Pitt is 14-4/15-3 good or if they are a product of a really soft schedule. Wake Forest/Maryland are bottom 5 ACC teams IMO, but that win @NC State whom I think is a bubble team is a good win. I guess we will see how good they are this Saturday.

Pitt isn't close to us right now when it comes to the 1 seed in the east. They'd have to sweep us and as someone else said finish 16-2 in the ACC or at worst 15-3. They're non conference schedule was a joke. If we beat Pitt Saturday they won't pass us on S curve unless we completely stuff the bed.

You need to factor in how big of a loss Durand Johnson is. I mean that is a KILLER loss for that team. He was their instant offense spark off the bench and a proven third scorer for that team. No doubt he would have went for 12 and 5 against us Saturday had he played. I was basing my comments on him being out which mark my words will have an effect on that team.

That's true, I wasn't really thinking of the Johnson injury. Might make me change my mind. Would like to see how they play this week without him

Duke. This is Boeheim versus K. Boeheim needs to slowly catch up in wins. ;)

No doubt it will hurt them, but he was only the #6 guy in terms of minutes played, and they have 8 other guys who have played every game and average over 10 minutes. We should not underestimate them because of this - if anything, they may be even more dangerous Saturday. Witness Louisville last year after losing Ware.

That's true, I wasn't really thinking of the Johnson injury. Might make me change my mind. Would like to see how they play this week without him

He was our Kris Joseph 6th man when he came off the bench. Big loss.

No doubt it will hurt them, but he was only the #6 guy in terms of minutes played, and they have 8 other guys who have played every game and average over 10 minutes. We should not underestimate them because of this - if anything, they may be even more dangerous Saturday. Witness Louisville last year after losing Ware.

Big difference though. Louisville had 4+ other scorers (Siva, Smith, Behanan, Deng, Hancock). Pitt does not have that luxury. Also they are not a great shooting team (their guards only shoot 11% and 32% from behind the arc) and Johnson was a guy who was a good three point shooter an an 85% foul shooter. He also was a good passer.

I taped and watched the Pitt/Wake game after we played last night and got a real good look at them. Someone will need to step up bug time in his absence.

I've dreamed for years about shutting up those bouncing Dukies - so it's an easy decision for me - at Duke. Besides, we've already beaten Pitt at Pitt. Can't wait to do it again :)

:noidea::noidea:This question is like asking me which one of my children would I choose between. To entertain the notion of a loss to either of them is just wrong on so many levels.

That having been said. Duke :confused:

if we could only win one of at duke or at pitt, which one would you take? For me, as muc h as I dislike Dixon and Pitt, it would be Duke.
And you called my post the other day very silly. I'm glad you're not running the team.

Big difference though. Louisville had 4+ other scorers (Siva, Smith, Behanan, Deng, Hancock). Pitt does not have that luxury. Also they are not a great shooting team (their guards only shoot 11% and 32% from behind the arc) and Johnson was a guy who was a good three point shooter an an 85% foul shooter. He also was a good passer.

I taped and watched the Pitt/Wake game after we played last night and got a real good look at them. Someone will need to step up bug time in his absence.

Not disagreeing with you that it hurts them, perhaps a lot - but IMHO it doesn't move the needle enough to change the fact that the game will still likely be won by the team that wants it more.

:noidea::noidea:This question is like asking me which one of my children would I choose between. To entertain the notion of a loss to either of them is just wrong on so many levels.

That having been said. Duke :confused:
Are you telling me you have a favorite kid? I knew parents picked favorites.

Not disagreeing with you that it hurts them, perhaps a lot - but IMHO it doesn't move the needle enough to change the fact that the game will still likely be won by the team that wants it more.

Yea I hear you. I expect Rak to play better than he did last night as he has played well against teams with other solid big men (UNC last Saturday, Miami in the ACC opener, the KState game in the NCAAS, at Cincy the year Fab was suspended). We need to be more efficient on the offensive end.

This team scores a lot of points in the mid-range game. Several guys can hit that J from the ACC logo in the middle of the zone. And they pass very well. We need to be ready for that.

Now that we've beaten our designated ACC "arch rival", BC...this Duke hype really should stop.
They're nothing special as a team despite two big talents.

What we really should do is SCHEDULE G-TOWN!
NOW!
What are they afraid of?
Keep hate alive!

And you called my post the other day very silly. I'm glad you're not running the team.
Huh? You're glad I'm not running the team because I want a Duke win more than a Pitt win? 4 games in to the season? Okay. Oh, and your post was silly. Mine wans't. But don't worry, no need to rush. I will make a silly post soon enough.

Yea I hear you. I expect Rak to play better than he did last night as he has played well against teams with other solid big men (UNC last Saturday, Miami in the ACC opener, the KState game in the NCAAS, at Cincy the year Fab was suspended). We need to be more efficient on the offensive end.

This team scores a lot of points in the mid-range game. Several guys can hit that J from the ACC logo in the middle of the zone. And they pass very well. We need to be ready for that.

Yeah, Patterson certainly has my respect. He's a tough matchup for us - 6'5", 225 lb, 44% from three, 4.5 apg. Bigger than our guards, and quicker than our forwards. We have to contain him. And obviously Dixon knows how to beat us.

Huh? You're glad I'm not running the team because I want a Duke win more than a Pitt win? 4 games in to the season? Okay.
Are you a closet Pitt fan or something?

Are you a closet Pitt fan or something?
you got me. I love Pitt. Seriously, Pitt ranks near the top of teams I dislike the most. Their coach never gives credit to the other team. There fans have a higher opinion of themseleves than is warrented. Other than that, go pitt!!!!

you got me. I love Pitt. Seriously, Pitt ranks near the top of teams I dislike the most. Their coach never gives credit to the other team. There fans have a higher opinion of themseleves than is warrented. Other than that, go pitt!!!!

I'd stop watching basketball before I'd cheer for Pitt. I'll have a real dilemma on my hands when they play UNC. I'm gonna cheer for a scoreless tie and hope they carry both sides out on stretchers. Their fans included.

There's no guarantee we play at Cameron next year, so this might be JAB's only opportunity.

I'd stop watching basketball before I'd cheer for Pitt. I'll have a real dilemma on my hands when they play UNC. I'm gonna cheer for a scoreless tie and hope they carry both sides out on stretchers. Their fans included.
oh, I would root for UNC with no problem against Pitt. It is a short list of teams that I would root for Pitt over.

Are you telling me you have a favorite kid? I knew parents picked favorites.

Of course they do. And it wasn't you. And its the reason we only had one. We hate to make decisions.

Of course they do. And it wasn't you. And its the reason we only had one. We hate to make decisions.
I definitely wasn't growing up. But I am now. Kids, call your mothers as an adult. Sky rockets your standing. A.P. poll I'm #1. Mom carries more weight than dad and in her favorite. I can't tell who my dads favorite is. Reading him is impossible. By default I'm the best.

oh, I would root for UNC with no problem against Pitt. It is a short list of teams that I would root for Pitt over.

Well, my anger with Pitt's thugs and their criminal assaults on Josh Pace et al, is a lot fresher than my hatred of Dean Smith's four-corner stall ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom