tough board question | Syracusefan.com

tough board question

dasher

Living Legend
if we could only win one of at duke or at pitt, which one would you take? For me, as muc h as I dislike Dixon and Pitt, it would be Duke.

Easy question. Duke, no doubt. Winning at duke is like 100 wins at Pitt.

Luckily this team is so good that wins at both are in play.

I would say Duke. I think Pitt will have their fair share of losses (4-5) and beating Duke would help us more. I want to go unbeaten at home and then if we lost a game or two or three on the road, meh so be it.

Duke...to shut down those Cameron PUNKS would be SWEEET!

I cant answer this. It makes the rage build up inside my head. I loathe pitt with the hatred of a thousand burning suns. That lip licking dixon makes me puke. I can't do this

Pitt... We can still beat Duke at home and Pitt's run vs. 'Cuse has to stop.

Plus, and most importantly, Pitt seems to be more of a threat for the East #1 than Duke at this point.

If they beat us, they're in the pole position for that top seed.

Easy... Duke. We've won at Pitt in the past... been there, done that. This would be our first victory at Cameron and what a way to announce our entrance into the ACC!

Assuming we beat both of them at home I would say Duke. Just because I have never seen Syracuse play at Cameron Indoor before. Syracuse was the first team to beat Pitt at the Peterson Events Center in 2004 on CBS, but I think beating Duke would be cool and show the ACC we aren't a fluke. If we finish 3-1 against Duke/Pitt this year then we would probably be in contention for the number 1 overall seed.

This feels like it should be an easy question to answer, but it's very tough. For me, it's got to be Pitt for the many reasons stated above, but only if we hold serve against Duke on our floor. If we lost at the Dome to Duke, we have to beat them there.

Pitt... We can still beat Duke at home and Pitt's run vs. 'Cuse has to stop.

Plus, and most importantly, Pitt seems to be more of a threat for the East #1 than Duke at this point.

If they beat us, they're in the pole position for that top seed.
what? how?

Pittsburgh, they're a much better team.

dook.

the country wont give a flyin F if we lose to pitt.

if we lose to dook they will go...'A HA!!! SEE!! youre not good enough to be in the ACC and play against the almighty dook!! go play providence and depaul in conf and never leave the state in nov/dec you frauds.'

In a normal year, Duke without question. This year? Pitt. They have 0 ACC loses so far. It would help us in the standings.

Exactly. Getting that #1 seed in the East is of paramount importance. Pitt is probably the team closest to SU right now for that. Losing to Duke at Duke would not move Duke past us. Losing to Pitt at Pitt might move Pitt ahead of us - at least one could make the case, esp if the unthinkable happens Saturday.

But one game at a time. Beating Pitt Saturday is the mission right now.

Duke - Win
Pitt - Tie

Kirk.jpg

Nobody has any idea how good Pitt actually is. They played 3 decent teams in the non-conference Stanford(W), Penn State(W), Cincinnati(L). They have beaten NC State, Wake Forest, Maryland in ACC play they haven't tested themselves like Duke has thus far. Duke has problems defending the post, but I know they can beat us because of their shooters Hood, Parker, Cook. Pitt hasn't proven anything yet. Pitt is NOT a threat to the East region unless they go 16-2 in ACC play. People are just worried about the East region I get that, but Duke was the threat because they played a tough OOC schedule Pitt did not. If Syracuse goes 14-4 we won't be passed by anybody, and unless Villanova becomes a 1 seed none of the B1G teams, Big XII teams, SEC teams, will want to be the East region before the Midwest or South. If we win at Duke that will game will resonate more in committee room than winning at Pitt.

I hate the ground Pitt walks on, especially (but not only) because of the goon ball they played during the Krauser/Taft/Troutman years. I have to spit when I say those names. They're precisely the reason I was happy to get out of the BE, because of the NBA style goon ball into which the league was degenerating. It was hideous. I'm disappointed they're in the ACC now. I hate them.

On the other hand, I have a lot of respect for Mike Kryzewski. I'm not particularly a Duke fan, but he's also one of the all time great college coaches, and I admire greatly what he's accomplished there.

But I'm with Alsacs, TerryM and albanycuse. I can't truck with anything other than beating them both.

I would say Duke. I think Pitt will have their fair share of losses (4-5) and beating Duke would help us more. I want to go unbeaten at home and then if we lost a game or two or three on the road, meh so be it.

See I think the opposite; I'm not sure how good Duke is (though never doubt Coach K). I think winning @Pitt gives us a huge advantage in winning the league

Beating Duke in Cameron will get much more play in the media (especially SportCenter). They probably will barely mention a win over Pitt...just like last night the Kansas-ISU game got 100x more attention on ESPN and FS1 than our game. And Duke-UVA got more highlights and play also. Duke is just a powerful name brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom