TR | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

TR

First off, no they didn't work on it every day for 4 years. Not allowable.

Shots are changeable if you have a willing participant. Maybe Harris wasn't willing.

They didn’t? How do you know? You mean to tell me Roberson wasn’t allowed to shoot in practice every single day? Roberson said he spent 45 minutes every day one summer working on his shot.

Shots are changeable? Tell that to Stevie Thompson. While you’re at it, Lonzo Ball.

Last edited:
I agree with your first post and not with your second post, but for the same reasons. We make too many assumptions about who is doing or not doing this or that. We have no idea. It is foolish to claim that Boeheim and staff never worked with Roberson. Of course they did. It is also foolish to claim that Roberson was lazy and didn't work hard enough. We have no way of knowing that and no real reason to think it. Most would agree that Roberson probably didn't reach his full potential at Syracuse, that is visible by watching his performances. Who to blame? Possibly nobody, I'm sure the staff did their best with him and I'm sure he did his best. He just lacked consistency really. Maybe our system wasn't optimized for him, but that isn't due to malice or malpractice on anyone's part. Maybe he just needed time to mature, or 100 other things affected him that we'll never know. Maybe he'll just never be consistent.

Also, one clip doesn't prove that he has overcome all that. Watch a highlight clip of him at Cameron, you'd think he was an All American.I get that its a message board and we wouldn't have much to talk about if generalizations and assumptions weren't made, but we go to the hard stops too much in my opinion.

I always liked Roberson and hope he does great going forward.

Agree with some of that. And I don’t think Roberson was necessarily lazy. But it seemed to me he needed to be motivated constantly to play hard, and that ain’t good. He certainly lacked confidence. There were a lot of times he just didn’t give the effort on defense or rebounding the ball, though and that has nothing to do with shooting. Boehiem tried to light a fire under him but nothing seemed to work.

Some people have textbook form and still aren’t good shooters.

Why isn’t Wes Johnson a better shooter than Reggie Miller? Because he’s not.

Some people can shoot, some cant.

Neither Paul Harris nor Stevie Thompson could change their mechanics. It’s not easy to do after shooting a certain way for years.

Neither Paul Harris nor Stevie Thompson could change their mechanics. It’s not easy to do after shooting a certain way for years.

It’s incredibly hard to do after 10+ years and thousands and thousands(millions?) of reps of doing it a different way. Learning at a young age is important. Extremely unfair to blame someone’s college coaches for not teaching a bricklayer to be a good shooter.

And good mechanics don’t guarantee good shooter, either. Shooting is a talent that some people don’t have, regardless of how hard they work at it.

It’s incredibly hard to do after 10+ years and thousands and thousands(millions?) of reps of doing it a different way. Learning at a young age is important. Extremely unfair to blame someone’s college coaches for not teaching a bricklayer to be a good shooter.

And good mechanics don’t guarantee good shooter, either. Shooting is a talent that some people don’t have, regardless of how hard they work at it.
Look at michael redd's career shooting form

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom