Transfer Portal 2024 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Portal 2024

Marilena Triantafylli is entering the portal

I’ll be 100% honest I didn’t know she was a scholarship player, I thought she was a walk on our team

Best of luck to her where ever she ends up and I hope that she gets playing time!
Women don't have walk ons.

We should take a look at Jadden Simmons from ASU. SR Grad transfer. Sister of Chase Simmons (football player graduating SU this season). I was just at a game with her parents, and she would be very interested in coming to Syracuse for her 5th year. Starting guard at ASU. Not sure if she is good enough. Would not be a starter. But she is a hard worker, and was a key player for ASU. Family loves loves loves all things Syracuse and the experience and education Chase got. I am EDITING this to say she played 2 years under the new coach for ASU, and not that impressed with this coach. Team in whole did not perform well under her. Maybe Jadden needs a fresh place to play to be a much much better player. Maybe she could be a starter.

Poster Child for Portal Mistakes
hvl.jpg

Wait she still has eligibility left? She would be a very nice get
She’s not really a point guard but more of a combo scoring type guard who is a volume shooter. (2.8 assists/2.6 Turnover average for her career) She did have her best assist/to rate this season (3.6 to 2.6) with LSU but had her worst shooting stats too over her 4 years. She would be playing her last and 5th year next season.

She’s not really a point guard but more of a combo scoring type guard who is a volume shooter. (2.8 assists/2.6 Turnover average for her career) She did have her best assist/to rate this season (3.6 to 2.6) with LSU but had her worst shooting stats too over her 4 years. She would be playing her last and 5th year next season.

Nah. Pass.

She never remotely lived up to the hype.

With Kennedi out, we need a PG like nobody’s business.

Could use more shooting, and another Big.

Nah. Pass.

She never remotely lived up to the hype.

With Kennedi out, we need a PG like nobody’s business.

Could use more shooting, and another Big.
Lots of spots available. I would throw it out there and see if there is any interest

Another Brazilian Center - didn't play much at Baylor. maybe join Varejao.
Screenshot_9.jpg

Williamsville native, rarely got playing time, probably should have left last season.
Screenshot_11.jpg

Williamsville native, rarely got playing time, probably should have left last season.
View attachment 239725
Wonder what’s up ? 6’6” a junior with no starts, minimal minutes that even decreased this year despite UConn's injury issues. Was a McDonald’s All American 5 star recruit in 2021. Would be a great option. Hope she’s motivated to be a difference maker and that she considers us. Think this would be her last year unfortunately.

Wonder what’s up ? 6’6” a junior with no starts, minimal minutes that even decreased this year despite UConn's injury issues. Was a McDonald’s All American 5 star recruit in 2021. Would be a great option. Hope she’s motivated to be a difference maker and that she considers us. Think this would be her last year unfortunately.
She did have concussion. She never really was able to handle the physicality transition from hs to college. Should have left sooner and played mid-major 1-2 yrs and regular playing time might have develop. One source said NDame/Tenn interested. I don't think ND would be.

Hawa Doumbouya 6'7" C in transfer portal from Md, didn't play much as freshman but was 4star recruit. Great prospect to share some minutes w/Varejao.

You can absolutely walk on if you're on a women's team.
Name our walk ons. I have been to practices, had floor seats next to the bench. I have not seen any in the past 9 years. Can you name who they are? Because they were not at the practices I attended ,but there were walk ons when I attended men's practices one of the past walk ons was Ky Feldman, who currently is the coach at the prep school I attended. . Obviously if someone like Lexi wants to give up her scholarship she could. But she is not currently a walk on. She could to give us one more body, but that is not the same thing. Oh and I had Thanksgiving dinner with the team this past November in Las Vegas. No walk ons there either.

Last edited:
You can absolutely walk on if you're on a women's team.
The former Syracuse police chief, Frank Fowler, had a daughter, Brandi, on the team as a walk on. Used to see him at her games. I know there have been walkons but I don’t know how many or if it’s every year. They don’t necessarily note that they are walkons on the SU roster site.

Name our walk ons. I have been to practices, had floor seats next to the bench. I have not seen any in the past 7 years. Can you name who they are? Because they were not at the practice I attended. Obviously if someone like Lexi wants to give up her scholarship she could. But she is not currently a walk on. She could to give us one more body, but that is not the same thing.
I am not saying that SU has had any walk ons. I am saying with 100% certainty that you are allowed to have walk ons as a women's program. With 15 scholarships, it doesn't happen as often - a lot of the "walk on" types are usually male practice players, because they basically do the same thing. But it is not a rule that women's teams cannot have walk ons. That's all I was saying.