Transfer Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Thread

Marr is a lot like JB. Runs loose and he's not a drill sargent nor a disciplinarian. He lets his players play and want's them to create. Doesn't want to hamstring them by limiting their creativity. Might not be for everyone if you're looking for a Mike Messerre type program.

That said there's nothing to read into this other than his little brother.

Theres been some rumblings that he wasn't thrilled with the looseness of the program and some of his teammates. I think this goes much deeper then wanting to play with his brother.

Theres been some rumblings that he wasn't thrilled with the looseness of the program and some of his teammates. I think this goes much deeper then wanting to play with his brother.

Is his bro a lock to start? Just wondering.

How can Albany block that?
Schools do it all the time, as a condition for the release. Gus Edwards comes to mind (blocked by Miami football from transferring to SU and Pitt).

I see no reason what-so-ever why he would consider Syracuse or anybody else for that matter; other than Cornell. He just went to a FF with Albany so why transfer to a .500 team. Cornell gives him his brother and an Ivy degree. No brainer.

And I'm still shocked he's leaving Albany - but it would be cool to play with your brother for sure - and be able to do it at Cornell.
well he's also friends with a ton of guys on the team, so that gives us something.

Schools do it all the time, as a condition for the release. Gus Edwards comes to mind (blocked by Miami football from transferring to SU and Pitt).

I thought that was only due to being in the same conference.

Taking a step back from wether TD comes to Cuse or not this really is a bad reflection on the sport! TD didn’t commit early so he made his decision? Who else was he recruited by? What has effected him to the point that one of the top players in the country wants to transfer out of a final 4 team! something isnt right in Albany? This reflects badly on the program? There is definitely more to this story!

Taking a step back from wether TD comes to Cuse or not this really is a bad reflection on the sport! TD didn’t commit early so he made his decision? Who else was he recruited by? What has effected him to the point that one of the top players in the country wants to transfer out of a final 4 team! something isnt right in Albany? This reflects badly on the program? There is definitely more to this story!
Or it could just be that his brother is going to Cornell and wants to join him. I don't think it reflects badly on the sport at all. It's a 20 year old changing his mind. I don't see what the BFD is.

I think it reflects poorly on TD but hey kids are kids. Sometimes a change of scenery is needed and it might have nothing to do with lacrosse.

Discipline we've got. Come on down.

TYS.png

I think it reflects poorly on TD but hey kids are kids. Sometimes a change of scenery is needed and it might have nothing to do with lacrosse.
The young man has not been happy at Albany for awhile. He is a college student first and foremost and most students leave or transfer when they discover that the school is not the right fit. He gave it enough time and Albany simply did not work for him despite the successes. He needs not explain himself nor should we be passing any judgements. His decision if anything reflects well on him as he did not sell himself short by drudging on under a false veil of contentment. I applaud him for looking to better his overall college experience.

Have to think Cornell remains the overwhelming favorite here. The brother angle I think definitely hurts SU, take that of the table I think SU would be the favorite. Hopefully he at least reaches out to us.

Have to think Cornell remains the overwhelming favorite here. The brother angle I think definitely hurts SU, take that of the table I think SU would be the favorite. Hopefully he at least reaches out to us.
Hopefully we reach out to him.