Transfer Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Thread

The young man has not been happy at Albany for awhile. He is a college student first and foremost and most students leave or transfer when they discover that the school is not the right fit. He gave it enough time and Albany simply did not work for him despite the successes. He needs not explain himself nor should we be passing any judgements. His decision if anything reflects well on him as he did not sell himself short by drudging on under a false veil of contentment. I applaud him for looking to better his overall college experience.

Dude whatever, you said the same thing I said. Change of scenery hello.

I could care less about who what where or why with regards to Irland leaving. I’m a fan of the game and many different schools and players; for various reasons. Love coach Marr. He’s as real as they come. You’re a fan of one school.

Just pure speculation, but when Milliman very recently got promoted to head coach that might have sealed the deal for Ierlan to land at Cornell.

Last edited:
Dude whatever, you said the same thing I said. Change of scenery hello.

I could care less about who what where or why with regards to Irland leaving. I’m a fan of the game and many different schools and players; for various reasons. Love coach Marr. He’s as real as they come. You’re a fan of one school.
PhatOrange said:
I think it reflects poorly on TD but hey kids are kids. Sometimes a change of scenery is needed and it might have nothing to do with lacrosse.

No Dude, we didn't say the same thing... Firstoff , it does not reflect poorly on TD and secondly he's an adult who came to the decision to better his situation not some flippant "hey kids are kids"

Only if Milliman's wife can co-sign his car loan ;)
4C10FA59-D508-4617-B510-DB22CF77E6FB.gif

PhatOrange said:
I think it reflects poorly on TD butn hey kids are kids. Sometimes a change of scenery is needed and it might have nothing to do with lacrosse.

No Dude, we didn't say the same thing... Firstoff , it does not reflect poorly on TD and secondly he's an adult who came to the decision to better his situation not some flippant "hey kids are kids"

Kids are kids mean they change their minds. Change of scenery means finding the right fit.

Hey maybe Desko can pull in another transfer to keep his program above water. I’m starting to think Quint was right.

Kids are kids mean they change their minds. Change of scenery means finding the right fit.

Hey maybe Desko can pull in another transfer to keep his program above water. I’m starting to think Quint was right.
SU has had lots of transfers through the years. Lots of other programs are now following suit (Duke had three contributors this past season).
I think most of the guys the Orange gets are "coming home", either geographically or to the team they rooted for growing up. I have no problem with this.

Could the commitment of td influence staats? Or vice versa.

Cause this could make things interesting.

Either could place Cuse in top five. Together they would. Dome could be rocking

Could the commitment of td influence staats? Or vice versa.

Cause this could make things interesting.

Dont think it will have an effect either way, either he has the grades to get in or hes going pro.

I wonder if being friends with Varello would hurt or help our chances. If TD came he takes every faceoff. Do you wanna take that from your friend.

I wonder if being friends with Varello would hurt or help our chances. If TD came he takes every faceoff. Do you wanna take that from your friend.
Solid question. Perhaps bit awkward but every position on every team is competed for, many times against good friends who maintain friendships and are supportive of each other regardless. Everyone already knows that Ierland is being recruited not only by coaches but by teammates and that remains at the suitors whether or not Ierlan comes aboard. Teams are always trying to upgrade, nature of the beast .If its not Ierlan than its another on squad or elsewhere. Fogo position is somewhat unique and many know each other through direct competitions , camps etc It's very likely that Ierland knows the Cornell fogos .

Per someone on our board who went to the NYS championships, there was what he believes is confirmation that TD Ierland will go to Cornell.

Per someone on our board who went to the NYS championships, there was what he believes is confirmation that TD Ierland will go to Cornell.

Id be shocked if he ended up anywhere else. Seemed like the odds were Cornell 80% and SU 20% and even that 20% might have been high.

Anyone else think him going to Cornell is worse for us than him staying at Albany... Hopefully we aren't seeded close to Cornell dont want the proximity to screw us with a first round matchup. We both look like top 8 seeds but they love those bus trips over plane rides.

Anyone else think him going to Cornell is worse for us than him staying at Albany... Hopefully we aren't seeded close to Cornell dont want the proximity to screw us with a first round matchup. We both look like top 8 seeds but they love those bus trips over plane rides.
TD to Cornell makes them a legit top 5 team. He’s the missing piece to the puzzle.

TD to Cornell makes them a legit top 5 team. He’s the missing piece to the puzzle.
One of our posters was not too thrilled about the idea of Jeff Teat scoring and then having a 90% chance of getting the ball back.

Small consolation but expect his winning % will likely 'only' be around 70- 75% with stiffer schedule. Ivy degree was driver for parents which is understandable n having 2 at one is convenient. Ierlan was upgrading whether there or here. He would have received a very good education at Cuse as well and believe he would have really enjoyed it here. Decision not yet official but dissapointing to be runner up for an impact player . We still have a good team

If he does indeed end up at Cornell, the Consolation is we go from two hard games to one should win and one really hard. Albany will most likely struggle on defense next year. Without a possession advantage, their turnover prone offense may struggle. We shall also see if Cornell can figure out a way to get Teat open, as every team should look to lock him off. Still hope none of this matters and he comes to Cuse! Wishful thinking though.