Transfer Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Thread

I guess that gets Yale on The Season 19 for sure.

LOL, hopefully they won't get the Season "Curse".

In all seriousness this makes them a top 3 team and you could make a case they are now the favorite. Tough spot for SU as i think it was clear he wanted to go to Cornell despite SU being mentioned. Have to see what happens with Staats now but that doesn't seem to be trending well either.

LOL, hopefully they won't get the Season "Curse".

In all seriousness this makes them a top 3 team and you could make a case they are now the favorite. Tough spot for SU as i think it was clear he wanted to go to Cornell despite SU being mentioned. Have to see what happens with Staats now but that doesn't seem to be trending well either.

Conor Mackie is graduating. He went 290-464 for Yale last season.

Conor Mackie is graduating. He went 290-464 for Yale last season.

Yup hes a big loss for Yale, massive actually but thats one hell of replacement. Like going from Casey Powell to Ryan Powell.

Last edited:
So, if I can blue sky for a moment, assume TD didn't get in to Cornell. Otherwise, pretty hard not to want to play with your brother, right? And if he didn't get into Cornell, it's not a stretch to think he may not get into Yale. Therefore, SU is his safety school.

Right? RIGHT??? ;)

So, if I can blue sky for a moment, assume TD didn't get in to Cornell. Otherwise, pretty hard not to want to play with your brother, right? And if he didn't get into Cornell, it's not a stretch to think he may not get into Yale. Therefore, SU is his safety school.

Right? RIGHT??? ;)

If he wants to be closer to home, there's always Bona. :rolleyes:

Wait, Irelan is going to Yale right? Why does the fact that he and Teat are in the same year matter anymore?

Sorry I read it to quickly and thought it said Cornell, lol. I went ahead and updated my post. I need a vacation.

Right? RIGHT??? ;)
Love this line of reasoning. TD would be very comfortable going to Syracuse. May not be IVY but its a good academic school and he'd be very happy and welcomed here.

This is a good lesson from Yale on how you stay on top. They go out and get great players that ignite the program, the Orange seem to be the opposite lately.

Yale has been willing to reach for kids (academically) - see for example Gaudet.

This is true. We had a rather average student go there for football which surprised though being a minority likely helped . Kid turned out to be a bust on the field and struggled otherwise. Like many Yale will make exceptions to fit their needs , Ireland is an impactful player in a sport important to them and apparently a good student. Be interesting if Cornell rejected his admission on academics yet Yale accepts same

I wonder what Joe Neuman, I believe the top FOGO recruit in the country headed to Yale, is thinking about this?

I wonder what Joe Neuman, I believe the top FOGO recruit in the country headed to Yale, is thinking about this?

Hope he likes the idea of red-shirting or getting his academics in order because he won't see the field until 202`. If he's interested in playing immediately he should ask for his release.

This is a good lesson from Yale on how you stay on top. They go out and get great players that ignite the program, the Orange seem to be the opposite lately.

Hyperbolize much...Stay on top with that 1 Championship this season. We get it, Desko is to blame.

Hyperbolize much...Stay on top with that 1 Championship this season. We get it, Desko is to blame.
Winning begets winners and more winning and losing begets crap.

look at the rise of Yale hockey. the admission standards for Yale are much easier than Cornell for athletics. the same for Harvard and Princeton.. its one reason Cornell has struggled competing in most sports for awhile

look at the rise of Yale hockey. the admission standards for Yale are much easier than Cornell for athletics. the same for Harvard and Princeton.. its one reason Cornell has struggled competing in most sports for awhile

I follow Clarkson Hockey and just in general the ECAC recruiting picture closely, Cornell has the easiest admission standards for Hockey of the Ivy programs and that's been known for quite some time since the Harkness days. Harvard is Harvard so they can get away with it as they are sought after by a lot of young recruits but they lose a few big fish every year or two because they can't qualify. Yale actually has been trending down in Hockey, and a big reason why is the big recruits they get haven't really panned out besides for a few like Hayden or Kemp/Snively now, they really aren't getting that many either and they've lost the momentum of the National Championship. Princeton is letting a few Canadians in that I know couldn't qualify for other programs so I don't know about that as well, I respect Fogarty though, great coach. Hockey is a weird situation with some guys taking years off of school while playing juniors and then have to take a few courses to qualify, a lot of 20 year old freshmen.

If Cornell doesn't get TD they're really gonna regret it. They will get to see him at least once a year just to remind themselves of what could have been. Reminiscent of Jeff Tambroni leaving after a semifinal appearance (shocking) . He has grown a PSU program but they haven't been close to championship weekend. Yet he saw something at Cornell that didn't work for him. Part of me thinks good for them if his grades aren't good enough they shouldn't let him in. Another part of me say "if we don't someone else will" (Yale in this case). If he has any trouble with Yale admissions, maybe that will lead him back to us. One can only hope.

“They obviously hadn’t seen my marks,” the now-sixth former and captain of Salisbury’s varsity lacrosse team explains, “especially in math. I knew I didn’t really have a chance in the world of attending Yale.” Gaudet did not follow up with the illustrious Ivy League school. Why bother? “A waste of everybody’s time” effectively sums up Gaudet’s view those several years ago.

After all, as a top prospect, even as a sophomore back in 2013, Gaudet already had other options. In fact, he committed to Syracuse that very same year. “Syracuse is a Division I powerhouse,” Gaudet points out. “I was excited that they wanted me and couldn’t wait to get there.”

Student-Athlete of the Week: Matt Gaudet '16

I follow Clarkson Hockey and just in general the ECAC recruiting picture closely, Cornell has the easiest admission standards for Hockey of the Ivy programs and that's been known for quite some time since the Harkness days. Harvard is Harvard so they can get away with it as they are sought after by a lot of young recruits but they lose a few big fish every year or two because they can't qualify. Yale actually has been trending down in Hockey, and a big reason why is the big recruits they get haven't really panned out besides for a few like Hayden or Kemp/Snively now, they really aren't getting that many either and they've lost the momentum of the National Championship. Princeton is letting a few Canadians in that I know couldn't qualify for other programs so I don't know about that as well, I respect Fogarty though, great coach. Hockey is a weird situation with some guys taking years off of school while playing juniors and then have to take a few courses to qualify, a lot of 20 year old freshmen.
if you think this is so then you really dont follow cornell hockey at all.