Transfer Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Thread

Have to hope we can get try and get him to visit. Seems like we would be a long shot but were at least being mentioned, perhaps with a visit we can make it a tough call. You wonder if SU would be the front runner if not for his brother going to Cornell.

I see no reason what-so-ever why he would consider Syracuse or anybody else for that matter; other than Cornell. He just went to a FF with Albany so why transfer to a .500 team. Cornell gives him his brother and an Ivy degree. No brainer.

And I'm still shocked he's leaving Albany - but it would be cool to play with your brother for sure - and be able to do it at Cornell.

Last edited:
Have to hope we can get try and get him to visit. Seems like we would be a long shot but were at least being mentioned, perhaps with a visit we can make it a tough call. You wonder if SU would be the front runner if not for his brother going to Cornell.
Cuse is not an unknown to him .He's already been on this campus with several here enjoying the scene and is already familiar and comfortable with this setting and team. Lax friendships go beyond one's team, Trimboli is a good friend of his from Victor days. Both schools are academic and social upgrades ,what is unknown is what is the better academic fit. As far as lax, both teams can go to FF with him. His bro going to Cornell is a bonus but likely not the main draw as the proximity of the campuses are very close to each other and their home. The edge is always the Ivy name on the diploma and perhaps Cornell having greater financial maneuverability.

I see no reason what-so-ever why he would consider Syracuse or anybody else for that matter; other than Cornell. He just went wen to a FF with Albany so why transfer to a .500 team. Cornell gives him his brother and an Ivy degree. No brainer.

And I'm still shocked he's leaving Albany - but it would be cool to play with your brother for sure - and be able to do it at Cornell.

While I get what your saying its not like Cornell was 12-1 or something like that they had plenty of their own struggles and SU has clearly been the better program for quite sometime now. Right now Albany appears to be blocking him from both schools (both on Albany's schedule next year) so this will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Cuse is not an unknown to him .He's already been on this campus with several here enjoying the scene and is already familiar and comfortable with this setting and team. Lax friendships go beyond one's team, Trimboli is a good friend of his from Victor days. Both schools are academic and social upgrades ,what is unknown is what is the better academic fit. As far as lax, both teams can go to FF with him. His bro going to Cornell is a bonus but likely not the main draw as the proximity of the campuses are very close to each other and their home. The edge is always the Ivy name on the diploma and perhaps Cornell having greater financial maneuverability.

Your right about that but I was aware that he had previously visited SU while he was still in high school. Just think that if we can get him to visit again it can only be a positive but your right he probably already has a good idea of what we have facility wise and on the team.

While I get what your saying its not like Cornell was 12-1 or something like that they had plenty of their own struggles and SU has clearly been the better program for quite sometime now. Right now Albany appears to be blocking him from both schools (both on Albany's schedule next year) so this will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Better today and going forward might be debatable. They beat us twice this season.

Hope we get both but I hope the staff is putting all their effort into Staats currently (unless they know something we don't), doing whatever they can to make him commit. If you get Staats it's going to make SU that much more appealing with the other FOGOs that have been mentioned in this thread and just in general other potential transfers, if we get Arceri and Staats somehow then we should be a 1-2 loss regular season team. From that point on I've seen too many things in recent times to believe it's a cakewalk to memorial day weekend, that's where the administration needs to step in and make tweaks how they see fit. Is Nanticoke really going to stay in Albany and waste his shot at a national championship because quite honestly I don't think the near future of Albany Lacrosse is going to be a FF team, probably AE champs 1, 2 or maybe all 3 years left but still, competing on a national level is a different animal as they now know.

Nauseating . Marr is showing his true colors by trying to make it difficult for a college kid to attend the college of his choice. Lax is not big business, there is no big sports contract or multi million sponsorships awaiting TD when he graduates and you get to enjoy your four years of undergraduate studies once . Normal for any coach to try to persuade someone to stay but that conditional release nonsense is a BS attempt that will not hold up when challenged and Albany and Marr should be sued plain and simple for unnecessary aggravation caused if there is no written league restrictions already in place as does exist with ACC transfers within ACC .

Hope we get both but I hope the staff is putting all their effort into Staats currently (unless they know something we don't), doing whatever they can to make him commit. If you get Staats it's going to make SU that much more appealing with the other FOGOs that have been mentioned in this thread and just in general other potential transfers, if we get Arceri and Staats somehow then we should be a 1-2 loss regular season team. From that point on I've seen too many things in recent times to believe it's a cakewalk to memorial day weekend, that's where the administration needs to step in and make tweaks how they see fit. Is Nanticoke really going to stay in Albany and waste his shot at a national championship because quite honestly I don't think the near future of Albany Lacrosse is going to be a FF team, probably AE champs 1, 2 or maybe all 3 years left but still, competing on a national level is a different animal as they now know.

Staats issue is whether he has the grades to get into Syracuse, its no secret hes a Syacuse fan and wanted to come here. There's little SU can do at this point regarding Staats. As for Arceri that was just me and Extreme tossing some names around, theres no evidence that he is transferring from Penn State. I doubt Nanticoke would leave Albany, he will be the main guy next year and will put up big numbers against the AE and lesser teams on their schedule. Albany will still be really good but there shot at a Title died the day Fields graduated and the Ierlan transfer put the final nail in the coffin.

' Fans' here always see the grass as greener on the other side and have a propensity to bash their own. Natural as it happens on every other forum as well ... Cornell had advantage this year but they are one Teat injury away from returning to averageness. Meanwhile, Syracuse came off a 13-3 season iwhich included weeks as #1 n 17 before clearly undergoing a transition amid a tough sos. Despite the beeches, the talent is here and the wealth is spread without reliance on any one player. As you have previously pointed out, Cuse was paying the price for some past recruiting classes 13-15 that did not pan out yet we are seeing great contributions from both 16 and 17 classes and anticipating a nice incoming group in 18 which should result in years of top tier standing. Throw in an additional 100-120 possessions and watch this team take off

Just being in the conversation for TD matters. Maybe Cornell has the lead but if we even have a chance that is huge. We won this year despite faceoff woes. If you gave us the best faceoff man in the country. Hope he does choose us but either way I'm excited about next years team

Have to hope that trimboli is calling and texting him to try and steer him to cuse, but also have to hope that trimboli is happy here and putting in an a good word for us.
Anyone else on the roster friends with TD that anyone knows of? Have to imagine he's made friends with some SU guys.

I said this once I'll say it here, he goes to Cornell for the Ivy League degree and to play with little bro...
He goes to Syracuse to play at "Syracuse," all the legends and stories. And also a bump up in the education dept. Has former teammate here as well.

We were in running but unfortunately appears Big Red has eased us out once again

Where are people reading this? So far I have only seen sources say that he is planning on leaving Albany. I would imagine Cornell is ahead of Syracuse I just haven't seen anything for sure yet.

I did read that Ierlan is leaving Albany to go to a program with more stability and discipline. Again I have no idea if that is accurate but if so kind of a tough take for Coach Marr.

254 gbs is an amazing stat. just to.put that into perspective, that is 101 more gbs than Ben Williams had in his monster year of 2015 n 143 more than Ben had in 16'

Ierlan won a majority of his draws to himself and when your winning nealry 80% of them the gb numbers are going to be insane. He was a freeking machine last year and especially dominated the AE and a couple of other opponents ie Cornell etc.

Have to hope that trimboli is calling and texting him to try and steer him to cuse, but also have to hope that trimboli is happy here and putting in an a good word for us.
Anyone else on the roster friends with TD that anyone knows of? Have to imagine he's made friends with some SU guys.

I said this once I'll say it here, he goes to Cornell for the Ivy League degree and to play with little bro...
He goes to Syracuse to play at "Syracuse," all the legends and stories. And also a bump up in the education dept. Has former teammate here as well.
Trimboli is a bright kid, a very good student putting in the time to getting a good education at Cuse. He's an established lead player and in sync with his teammates. He sees the potential here, expect to see more consistency in rotations if that is a concern and also a breakout year by him

Where are people reading this? So far I have only seen sources say that he is planning on leaving Albany. I would imagine Cornell is ahead of Syracuse I just haven't seen anything for sure yet.

I did read that Ierlan is leaving Albany to go to a program with more stability and discipline. Again I have no idea if that is accurate but if so kind of a tough take for Coach Marr.

Marr is a lot like JB. Runs loose and he's not a drill sargent nor a disciplinarian. He lets his players play and want's them to create. Doesn't want to hamstring them by limiting their creativity. Might not be for everyone if you're looking for a Mike Messerre type program.

That said there's nothing to read into this other than his little brother.

Purple Haze mentioned last month that TD is good friends with Danny Varello.