Transfers & Offensive Line | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Transfers & Offensive Line

One would assume that Dino and staff would be searching the transfer portal for offensive line help, including immediately reaching out to players they previously recruited. One would further assume that the staff has someone monitoring the transfer portal 24/7 and or has set up the proper alerts from the portal for immediate notification of new entries.

However, this doesn’t seem to be the case. There has been no contact with Johnny Jordan (3-year starting center, HM all-Big Ten, transferring from Maryland) or his former teammate Marcus Minor.

This is dereliction of duty. I am not saying that the staff must successfully recruit these kids to Syracuse, but to not even reach out to them is bad.

Peace
Marcuse Minor is transferring to Pitt.

Maybe they didn't choose SU because SU has a reputation of being Loser Univ. Having a chance to play quickly is not always a determining factor. Some kids want to be part of a winning program and reap the benefits that a winning program brings, ie bowl games, etc. Some kids don't want to explain to their buddies why they went to a school that loses most of the time. Sometimes it's the parents influence. It can be many factors. Baber has these challenges to overcome. If he builds a consistent winner, recruiting becomes easier. Based on his track record that remains to be seen. Every programs recruits late developers that where overlooked or underrated players. (For you old enough to remember, Louie Orr wasn't expected to do anything for a couple of years, Louie was a diamond in the rough.) So your have to discount these players and look at the accomplishments of a recruiting class as a whole over 4 years. Sadly after 5 years Babers still doesn't have depth at the most critical part of the team, the OL and DF lines. And most of the recruits he signed this year will be red shirted and are at least 1-3 years from being consistent performers. Hopefully Babers will turn the corner but if he doesn't we will be into 6 years of status quo. Baber's performance, fan support, and ticket sales will determine his fate as a coach. At a lot of other Div 1 programs he would be gone. As Clint Eastwood said in a movie, you could say this about keeping Babers "Do you feel lucky?"
Loser university. Nice. Merry Christmas.
Smh.

Do you know why those two guys didn't choose SU? I don't. But, it's possible they didn't have serious interest in SU the first time around. I don't know if the coaches are being "derelict" or not, but I know that's not the only potential reason for the lack of contact that you reference.
You also didn't provide any basis for your assertion other than you've posted good things in the past.

Buddha is a highly respected poster and is a coach in NJ, if I recall correctly. He has been a fan of past Syracuse regimes. He has also been substantive in his commentary, whether it's coaching, recruiting or tactics. Very smart guy. Very respected poster. His opinion is valued input, whether you agree or not.

If I remember right (from the article in Syracuse.com) Servais was a recruit that he was recruiting for Bowling Green.

He was great a couple years ago. I won't argue that fact.

But he has been far off that form these past 2 years, and it's hard to get it back, especially if he was playing hurt this whole past year.

Just ask Tiger Woods' back.

Buddha is a highly respected poster and is a coach in NJ, if I recall correctly. He has been a fan of past Syracuse regimes. He has also been substantive in his commentary, whether it's coaching, recruiting or tactics. Very smart guy. Very respected poster. His opinion is valued input, whether you agree or not.
I didn't agree or disagree with buddha. I just think that if one is going to impugn someone's integrity on a public forum, they should present more than what was put forth.
But, it's the new American way, I suppose.

I didn't agree or disagree with buddha. I just think that if one is going to impugn someone's integrity on a public forum, they should present more than what was put forth.

This is why people stopped posting on the premium board. It has nothing to do with being the “new American way”. I thought what he said was pretty clear and knowing the poster I didn’t need to infer too much. He didn’t have to provide any info. It’s actually more, the “new American way” that people aren’t happy with a little and always want more to satisfy themselves.

Come on, you’re one of the most easily triggered people on here. You took his post as outrage b/c any attack on the staff you find as a personal attack on you for some weird reason.

Ha! Cute stuff.

I’m so triggered.

No, weirdly I’ve been calling the portal and the transfer rule change as an opportunity for months. That is an indictment of the staffs recruiting. I’ve said I’d move on from Cav.

I’m just not freaking out that we have or haven’t contacted this one kid 3 days after he got into the portal.

Honestly thought we were getting somewhere, but I see you’d rather be on my ignore list. Later, bruh. I know I’m not missing anything but personal attacks. Have a good holiday.

Marcuse Minor is transferring to Pitt.
That sucks. We don’t get him and he goes to a school the we play every year to strengthen their line which already was light years ahead of ours.

There's going to be 18 offensive lineman (including freshmen) on the roster next season.

If Cav can't turn this into a solid unit, he's going to be hanged in effigy. To hell with that, he's going to be hanged in Syracuse.
Hang em high

Loser university. Nice. Merry Christmas.
Smh.

Over the 12 seasons from Doug Marrone, Scott Shafer, Dino Babers we have had 4 winning seasons.

1 under Scott Shafer
1 under Dino Babers
2 under Doug Maronne

So what is the perception of SU football to an outside and a non SU fan ? You do realize that the rest of the football non SU fan base and non SU football world does not perceive SU football that same way the homers on this forum do.

One would assume that Dino and staff would be searching the transfer portal for offensive line help, including immediately reaching out to players they previously recruited. One would further assume that the staff has someone monitoring the transfer portal 24/7 and or has set up the proper alerts from the portal for immediate notification of new entries.

However, this doesn’t seem to be the case. There has been no contact with Johnny Jordan (3-year starting center, HM all-Big Ten, transferring from Maryland) or his former teammate Marcus Minor.

This is dereliction of duty. I am not saying that the staff must successfully recruit these kids to Syracuse, but to not even reach out to them is bad.

Peace

‘nice to hear to you bud. Been a minute

I think Dino has a man crush on Servais. It must be the Sampson-esque hair.
But I cannot remember a worse OL in my 55 years of following Syracuse football who was held in such high esteem.

1608845609059.png

If Buddha - an infrequent poster - says something about our outreach to certain players in recruiting, just understand that he is in a position to have very good information.

If Buddha - an infrequent poster - says something about our outreach to certain players in recruiting, just understand that he is in a position to have very good information.

I’m certain it’s good info.

I’m not certain it’s dereliction of duty to not reach out to those players. That’s not for anyone on this board to know for sure. No matter how connected.

I’m certain it’s good info.

I’m not certain it’s dereliction of duty to not reach out to those players. That’s not for anyone on this board to know for sure. No matter how connected.

Sure, that part is just his opinion - that in these circumstances, coming off two crap seasons, it's maybe unfortunate that we haven't gone back to guys who were available that we already had a relationship with.
Now, yes, maybe the staff rates other guys higher - but these were guys we missed, and wanted. And unless this has all been a very bad dream, we have just given up 88 sacks these past 2 seasons after winning 10 games the year before.

And we have no meat in the middle of our defense to stop people from pushing us around with a solid run game. We have a spunky G5 level defense, and a Patriot League offensive line.
We used to have some ACC talent at the offensive skill positions, but they have left too soon, and now we (again) have a bunch of unproven guys. The RBs look promising, but the WRs are a bit disappointing compared to our initial targets. There are 2 or 3 guys whose final fours we made who could have REALLY improved this offense next year.

I'm very excited about the new QB from Miss State. That kid could really push Tommy and compete for the job. Tommy will have to be much better to keep the job, if he comes back. It's looking more likely since his name is still not in the portal and the semester is done. But I'm not convinced 100% yet. There are still about six weeks left until the window shuts.

Last edited:
Ha! Cute stuff.

I’m so triggered.

No, weirdly I’ve been calling the portal and the transfer rule change as an opportunity for months. That is an indictment of the staffs recruiting. I’ve said I’d move on from Cav.

I’m just not freaking out that we have or haven’t contacted this one kid 3 days after he got into the portal.

Honestly thought we were getting somewhere, but I see you’d rather be on my ignore list. Later, bruh. I know I’m not missing anything but personal attacks. Have a good holiday.

I’m sure I’m on ignore by now but in my defense, you’ve attacked most posts I make since you jumped on this board. Half the time my point has gone right over your head and other times you go full RutgersAl.

If you don’t like me responding to your posts, don’t quote my posts to begin with. It’s pretty simple stuff. I think almost every exchange we have is a result of you replying to a post of mine, so it’s weird to then act like I’m attacking you.

But whatever. I’m just here for the points anyway.

lol at this thread. Either the wrong info was shared or it was misinterpreted.

I’m just happy to be contributing to the thread in some way during the holidays:)

Wait, the guy has only been in the portal for 2 days and the poster is mad the staff hasn’t reached out already? They’re not allowed to sift through the mass of transfers and take time to evaluate an out of conference player?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom