Transfers & Offensive Line | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Transfers & Offensive Line

I honestly have not counted our "potential" OL, but know a few of those potential OL will never see the field in game action. How many potential OL did we have this year and last year, because I was not blown away by either OL? Past performance indicates our current personnel have far less potential than you think or we would like or need.
You are correct that we shall see, the question is will we like what we see? I hope to all that is unknowable that we are better/much better next year. I am tired of watching crappy performances by the OL.

You KNOW? Please list names and why they will never see the field.

Thank you.

If he knew he wanted to go to Pitt before entering the portal, there was no snoozing.

Assuming the path to starting is the same at Pitt vs SU -
Why would he have NOT chosen Pitt?

They have been much more consistently successful, putting guys into the NFL, going to bowl games almost every year, and are returning a 7th year QB who is about to finish up his dissertation.

Assuming the path to starting is the same at Pitt vs SU -
Why would he have NOT chosen Pitt?

They have been much more consistently successful, putting guys into the NFL, going to bowl games almost every year, and are returning a 7th year QB who is about to finish up his dissertation.

To heck with that.

NO EXCUSES!!!

WHAT THE F IS DINO DOING???

Did I miss any?

Yeah, as I said in another thread. We'll need to start winning consistently with inferior rated talent in order to win more of the head-to-head battles against who we consider peer schools.

There's 1 in the room that is pretty universally agreed won't ever contribute but beyond that curious the others you speak of.

Everyone is tired of crappy oline performances for sure, I'm right with you there.
My point was moreso injury excuse should no longer fly with that group next season. We've got enough P5 sized, non frosh lineman healthy this year that Cav needs to show us something or we need to move on. There's enough in that room for a viable oline coach can work with so if they don't work yet again we need to find a coach that can make them work.
This isn't the no offer, undersized beer gut brigade of the GRob era. Something needs to click and I'm hoping Bleich alone being part of the group provides more than just his individual ability. We need attitude in that group and a pride in keeping QBs alive.
You absolutely right

There's 1 in the room that is pretty universally agreed won't ever contribute but beyond that curious the others you speak of.

Everyone is tired of crappy oline performances for sure, I'm right with you there.
My point was moreso injury excuse should no longer fly with that group next season. We've got enough P5 sized, non frosh lineman healthy this year that Cav needs to show us something or we need to move on. There's enough in that room for a viable oline coach can work with so if they don't work yet again we need to find a coach that can make them work.
This isn't the no offer, undersized beer gut brigade of the GRob era. Something needs to click and I'm hoping Bleich alone being part of the group provides more than just his individual ability. We need attitude in that group and a pride in keeping QBs alive.

agree,

assuming the guys that weren’t available don’t have career ending injuries, and nothing indicates that they are, there will be a lot of competition between legit sized ol that are all three star recruits.

we should be seeing the biggest ol in school history with the most returning experience since 2012

Yeah, I am sure that was it.
I honestly have not counted our "potential" OL, but know a few of those potential OL will never see the field in game action. How many potential OL did we have this year and last year, because I was not blown away by either OL? Past performance indicates our current personnel have far less potential than you think or we would like or need.
You are correct that we shall see, the question is will we like what we see? I hope to all that is unknowable that we are better/much better next year. I am tired of watching crappy performances by the OL.
[/QU
Yeah, I am sure that was it.
You KNOW? Please list names and why they will never see the field.

Thank you.
I will not name players but they are players who are not in shape to be considered viable options.

We shall see as you say, but I still say past performance is indicative of where the OL talent stands, if we had better talent or more talent they would have already been played. I have not seen a cohesive unit for at least two years, and even the OL unit of our big season left much to be desired. The continued illegal procedure penalties is a huge red flag for me.

If the OL is again a train wreak next year I’m wondering if certain posters here will continue to come with excuses why it will better next year. I constantly hear the same thing every season and then the line sucks again. Even in 18 the line was not that good but ED made it look better. If a DT qb wins the job the line may look better but I am still not convinced they will take a large leap forward without an infusion of talent from the portal and a coaching change. We need a center and tackle. The coaching change will not happen this year. Not sure we have space for both positions but some of the current OL may leave or medically redshirt (no inside information) We also need to work on all the penalties and lack of focus on blocking assignments. The freshman we are bringing in will not be ready to contribute until at least one or two years.

Does anyone know who recruited Bleich up here? Was it Cav, Swag daddy or Dino?

If the OL is again a train wreak next year I’m wondering if certain posters here will continue to come with excuses why it will better next year. I constantly hear the same thing every season and then the line sucks again. Even in 18 the line was not that good but ED made it look better. If a DT qb wins the job the line may look better but I am still not convinced they will take a large leap forward without an infusion of talent from the portal and a coaching change. We need a center and tackle. The coaching change will not happen this year. Not sure we have space for both positions but some of the current OL may leave or medically redshirt (no inside information) We also need to work on all the penalties and lack of focus on blocking assignments. The freshman we are bringing in will not be ready to contribute until at least one or two years.
You seemed stressed by this. Maybe avoid threads having anything to do with the O line.

Not upset or stressed just pointing out facts. Unlike some posters here I’m hoping for changes be made now instead of risking another losing season because of the OL. I do not believe the current OL players will make sufficient strides to make the team consistently good or occasionally great.

Not upset or stressed just pointing out facts. Unlike some posters here I’m hoping for changes be made now instead of risking another losing season because of the OL. I do not believe the current OL players will make sufficient strides to make the team consistently good or occasionally great.

With what is currently projected to be on the roster this will clearly be the best ol since 2012

If the OL gets healthy -- which is really the primary reason by a wide margin for the subpar play the last two years, and it isn't even close -- and performs well next year, will certain posters admit that they are focused on symptoms of the problem, instead of the actual problem?

I wonder what kind of training program Edinger has set up for the OL. Not only are they always hurt, they were often manhandled.

We're putting the whole OL in bubble wrap until Sept 4.

That way, there's zero chance of a torn ACL or Achilles, or someone falling down the steps and breaking a foot.

If the OL gets healthy -- which is really the primary reason by a wide margin for the subpar play the last two years, and it isn't even close -- and performs well next year, will certain posters admit that they are focused on symptoms of the problem, instead of the actual problem?
The OL has been poor for a lot longer than the last two years. I will be the first to acknowledge that I was wrong about the OL if there is substantial improvement next year. Just don’t see it happening without the things I mentioned occurring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom