Traveling fan base | Syracusefan.com

Traveling fan base

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I know on this board - which should be noted is the most passionate of SU fans - there are a number of people who claim they will strongly support the trip to Florida, My question is how many fans would be actually expect to attend CWB? Pinstripe? Would we be able to sell 10,000 tickets? I just think that sometimes the passion of the fan on this board doesn't always translate to Joe fan who has the same concerns, same thirst for a bowl,etc but no way in hell is going to attend a game.

I’m not sure joe fan is traveling anywhere so the passion here might be more reflected in bowl travel than for, say, Friday night attendance versus Lville. Joe fan definitely isn’t dealing with nyc prices over the holidays or the weather to attend pinstripe. There will be no out of town travel for that. Orlando is logistically much easier.

i seem to remember getting screwed out of a bowl bid becuz it was deemed "KANSAS ST. travels better"

CWB -well over 15,000 imo. Close to 20,000 if it’s WVU.

Pinstripe - closer to 20,000 id think due to proximity

Gator- see CWB

Sun- 10-15k

MSB- 10-15k

Just my opinion

Its not that we travel that well in the case of Florida, but upstate ny has thousands of transplants in Florida. Also this mistaken belief that NC State will have a significantly larger group then us. The writer on TNIAAM said Pitt would travel better then we do. Some misconceptions out there.

I know on this board - which should be noted is the most passionate of SU fans - there are a number of people who claim they will strongly support the trip to Florida, My question is how many fans would be actually expect to attend CWB? Pinstripe? Would we be able to sell 10,000 tickets? I just think that sometimes the passion of the fan on this board doesn't always translate to Joe fan who has the same concerns, same thirst for a bowl,etc but no way in hell is going to attend a game.

There is a strong interest from my friends that have moved from CNY to Florida. All four them are going to the Camping World Bowl (if SU is selected) and have reserved hotels. They have never been SU football season ticket holders.

I have four other snowbird friends who are heading to Florida after a Christmas and are also going to the Camping World Bowl (if SU is selected). Two of them are SU football season ticket holders and two were season ticket holders when Coach P was at SU.

I think we would have the same interest for the Belk Bowl since I have 8 family members who have moved to NC and each have told me they would all go to the game if SU was selected. None of them we SU football season tickets holders.

well over 10k, 15-20 if CW. i can rattle off 10 people that i personally know that specifically live in fla that will go.

Gator- see CWB

Sun- 10-15k

MSB- 10-15k

Just my opinion
Disagree my guesses

CW 15K
Sun 2-5K (5K is generous)
Music 5-8K
Gator 10-15K
Pinstripe 10-15K (this year only)
Belk 10-15K

Last edited:

Gator- see CWB

Sun- 10-15k

MSB- 10-15k

Just my opinion
I can't see 10-15K SU fans in El Paso...

Those all seem to be on the high end.

Gator- see CWB

Sun- 10-15k

MSB- 10-15k

Just my opinion

If we were to set the over/under on SU fans in El Paso at 10k, am I allowed to bet money that I couldn't cover if I lose?

If yes, put me down for $1 billion on the under.

I can't see 10-15K SU fans in El Paso...

Those all seem to be on the high end.

Yeah, if we're in El Paso, we're only drawing the truly hardcore SU fans, since it's a very difficult location to get to and you can't really pair it up with a vacation anywhere like NYC or Orlando. We would probably have a few thousand people at most. And even though it's on the Mexican border, that's almost always a windy, cold weather game.

Sun Bowl is very much a community supported event, does not depend on 20 k from,each school rolling in. Much like the blue field bowl.

Disagree my guesses

CW 15K
Sun 2-5K (5K is generous)
Music 5-8K
Gator 10-15K
Pinstripe 10-15K (this year only)
Belk 10-15K
Personally think the Gator may outdraw the camping world due to opponent, I understand many say opponents arent a factor.

Music would be larger with the new direct flights to nashville all over upstate and the proximity to large alumni bases in the Carolina’s. Again, just my thought.

El paso, yeah my guess was outrageous but i think it’d be a cool bowl even though there’s apparently not much to the city?

Florida Bowls, Belk and Pinstripe should always have good Cuse crowds.

El paso, yeah my guess was outrageous but i think it’d be a cool bowl even though there’s apparently not much to the city?

It looks like a beautiful setting near the mountains. But yeah, let's say you're an SU graduate living in Dallas for instance and you hear that we're playing in El Paso... you are still a 9 hour drive away.

It looks like a beautiful setting near the mountains. But yeah, let's say you're an SU graduate living in Dallas for instance and you hear that we're playing in El Paso... you are still a 9 hour drive away.
Id drive to the pits of hell to see us beat PSU or some equivalent. But I’m not a rational man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom