Trevor, come onnnn bud. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Trevor, come onnnn bud.

Clear lack of composure today from him. I am worried about the future. I might want to start recruiting over him. Seems we go after too many bigs.

He didn't really do anything wrong but we need scoring from him when he is on the floor.

Clear lack of composure today from him. I am worried about the future. I might want to start recruiting over him. Seems we go after too many bigs.

He didn't really do anything wrong but we need scoring from him when he is on the floor.

Explain.

Not sure it's all that clear.

Explain.

Not sure it's all that clear.

Wasn't looking for his shot. Didn't see any "confidence" when he had the ball.

With Southerland out we need offense from him and he is not giving it to us or trying at this point.

Trevor played a decent game and all you can do is pick up on one questionable play and nitpick a couple of other things.
When do we start the rather lengthy list for BT and MCW if you want to go at guards?
My point simply being, get off his back.

Wasn't looking for his shot. Didn't see any "confidence" when he had the ball.

With Southerland out we need offense from him and he is not giving it to us or trying at this point.

We need offense from him, for sure.

But he looked plenty composed out there.

apparently there aren't any more Cooney apologists?

he will be recruited over. just doesn't bring anything at all to the table. it's too bad because we really needed a shooter this year.

Cooney is going to have to raise his level to find playing time with Silent G and Patterson in the rotation next year. I have to believe that Silent G starts and Cooney fights Patterson for minutes. The amount of playing time he sees will determine his future. If Patterson steals his minutes, Cooney may get frustrated and transfer.

Trevor played a decent game and all you can do is pick up on one questionable play and nitpick a couple of other things.
When do we start the rather lengthy list for BT and MCW if you want to go at guards?
My point simply being, get off his back.

Cooney really needs to score. And the play to end the half was not a good one.

But he's also not jumping up into the air with no place to go. He's not committing clear charges. He's not missing layups. And he doesn't jog back on defense.

So you're right; today, he's #3 on the list of guards who played poorly. No need for Cooney to bear the brunt of the criticism.

Did anyone even pass him the ball?? If they want him produce try running some plays for him or something? Just a scapegoat
This was a MCW preview for the NBA . How many times did he try to feed are front court , let alone the coonster ?

Cooney is going to have to raise his level to find playing time with Silent G and Patterson in the rotation next year. I have to believe that Silent G starts and Cooney fights Patterson for minutes. The amount of playing time he sees will determine his future. If Patterson steals his minutes, Cooney may get frustrated and transfer.

patterson will have to play some back up pg, so it actually may save some pt for TC.

Cooney can't transfer he already sat out a season. if he transferred it would have to be D2 or lower

patterson will have to play some back up pg, so it actually may save some pt for TC.

Cooney can't transfer he already sat out a season. if he transferred it would have to be D2 or lower

I've seen Patterson play. If he's our backup point, we're in deep trouble.

If MCW does indeed go pro, the SU coaches should seriously look at recruiting a backup point. But I know they won't.

If MCW does indeed go pro, the SU coaches should seriously look at recruiting a backup point. But I know they won't.

we need to have a walk on or 2 on schollie so we can keep our team gpa over the threshold.

mookie ain't missed. didn't play peanuts last year. never in the equation this year. god bless him.

There are only two problems with Cooney; he rushes his shots, and he's not comfortable dribbling the ball. He's currently a catch and shoot, shooter. Have we run the play where the dribbler pitches it to him, then immediately sets a screen? We ran that with McNamara and Rautins a lot. I think it could help Cooney.

Cooney will be fine, IMO- just needs experience and time, which unfortunately we no longer have the luxury.
This team lives and dies with MCW...and, the BIGS, or is that, bigs? (lower-case seems more fitting)
Rak HAS to show up- JB said as much when he stated early on; "This team will go as far as our big men take us".
We lost 2 games literally because MCW couldn't make a foul shot. Now we get to the nitty-gritty, and everyone has a book on MCW.
We need SOMETHING, ANYTHING from our bigs, especially Rak.

Cooney will be fine, IMO- just needs experience and time, which unfortunately we no longer have the luxury.
This team lives and dies with MCW...and, the BIGS, or is that, bigs? (lower-case seems more fitting)
Rak HAS to show up- JB said as much when he stated early on; "This team will go as far as our big men take us".
We lost 2 games literally because MCW couldn't make a foul shot. Now we get to the nitty-gritty, and everyone has a book on MCW.
We need SOMETHING, ANYTHING from our bigs, especially Rak.

you realize that Cooney, Rak, and MCW all stepped foot on campus at the same time right?

Did anyone even pass him the ball?? If they want him produce try running some plays for him or something? Just a scapegoat

The MCW fans are trying to distract that MCW delivered a poor performance again while facing a quality opponent.

Too many What air balls. Even if it was a pick up game I would not pass the ball to him. Never seen anyone on this level shoot so many air balls, although MCW is no slacker when it comes to air balls. To be fair, he could probably tear it up if he was more composed. Losing South was a curse not a blessing in disguise.

No one passed him the ball but, to be sure, Pitt players were in Orange shorts on every outside opportunity. It would be nice, though, if SU could for once unleash someone like a Keith Friel, Mike Marra or Kyle Kuric to explode off the bench. Cooney, can you answer that call? That's about what it would have taken today to beat Pitt in their house.

P.S.: Gotta give Pitt props for excellent interior passing of the kind needed to break down the zone. Still, if Cuse hadn't turned the ball over so much, we would have had a much better shot at a win.-VBOF

You mean like James southerland?

Too many What air balls. Even if it was a pick up game I would not pass the ball to him. Never seen anyone on this level shoot so many air balls, although MCW is no slacker when it comes to air balls. To be fair, he could probably tear it up if he was more composed. Losing South was a curse not a blessing in disguise.
For now , lets see what happens at the final game of the season .

He had the ball on a 2-on-1 and it looked like he didn't know what to do. His indecision resulted in a non-shooting foul on Pitt

Disagree w this. If you played basketball before, on a 2-1, you drive until the defender commits. Only other option was to pull up and hit a ten footer.

Didnt BT have 2 airballs today himself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom