Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft

So how much does he get on the field at that position? I assume it's used more now than a decade or two ago. Is that the type of position that teams draft early? I would think it's less valuable than your safeties or outside corners.
Just think Tyan Mathieu. The significance of slot Wr's has made the nickle corner position important. The athletic TE's too. I wouldnt say its as important as those position but its significant enough. They have to defend slots like Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett and Golden tate and TE's like Kelce, Waller and Engram all while trying to stop the run too.

Last edited:
Saw a mock draft earlier this week that had both Trill and Cisco early in the 3rd round.

I know, I know -- mock drafts aren't accurate. Just using it as a baseline.

I know they make people so angry around here!

I hear ya. As I said the other day, how many guys ever leave after 3 years anywhere? I know Mike Vick did it, and I'm sure there are plenty of others. But I just don't know how many. And we have 2 in the same year.

People are going to blame Dino for not recruiting better when we feel this impact next year, but how do you plan for this if you're him?

If Wildhack has faith in him long term, then I wasn't really joking when I said redshirt them all next year (if there are one or two who can truly help you win right away, then do what you have to do). Would be in the best interest of the program, and might be in the best interest of some of the players. Even though they may not agree.

I don’t know the numbers and don’t follow it as much as I used to but I’m fairly certain kids leave early in the SEC all the time.

You have to be 3 years out of HS before you're eligible for the NFL draft.

Can you RS one year, play two and leave? Sure.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that's done it.

Anybody here wish that Andre and Trill weren't on the 2018 team?

We need players drafted in the NFL on a regular basis. Trill and Andre will achieve that goal. Best wishes and hope they both become All Pros. College football is always about replacing talent. Thats the game in P5 football.

Just think Tyan Mathieu. The significance of slot Wr's has made the nickle corner position important. The athletic TE's too. I wouldnt say its as important as those position but its significant enough. They have to defend slots like Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett and Golden tate and TE's like Kelce, Waller and Engram all while trying to stop the run too.
He is who popped in my head. The difference with him from my perspective is he was well known as consistent reputation as a play maker. As you said earlier (I think it was you), we've seen flashes of that from Trill. Will that be enough for the scouts?

I was thinking safety which is why I thought he'd come back for another year. He really doesn't have a lot of film playing safety for teams to look at.
Way more valuable at the next level as a nickel/slot corner

FWIW, we have a lot of young talent in the secondary. The last two classes have stacked some great pieces. Williams, Carter, Labrosse, Nunn, Hanna all look very promising. And I'm very high on Atkinson, kid just has to develop a little more physically and he's going to be a tough out. We'll be fine.

He is who popped in my head. The difference with him from my perspective is he was well known as consistent reputation as a play maker. As you said earlier (I think it was you), we've seen flashes of that from Trill. Will that be enough for the scouts?
Trill has flashed a lot more than most high level college defensive players ever do.

FWIW, we have a lot of young talent in the secondary. The last two classes have stacked some great pieces. Williams, Carter, Labrosse, Nunn, Hanna all look very promising. And I'm very high on Atkinson, kid just has to develop a little more physically and he's going to be a tough out. We'll be fine.

I wish I were that optimistic. Garrett Williams is obviously a player. Carter has a chance. The other 3 haven't shown us anything. Hanna in particular, looks overmatched. Our 2021 secondary took a major blow with this news. Can't say I blame Trill, but it's difficult to have the same optimism for 2021 that I did prior to this.

I wish I were that optimistic. Garrett Williams is obviously a player. Carter has a chance. The other 3 haven't shown us anything. Hanna in particular, looks overmatched. Our 2021 secondary took a major blow with this news. Can't say I blame Trill, but it's difficult to have the same optimism for 2021 that I did prior to this.
Hanna is a true frosh and has struggled against the run which would be expected, but he's showed a good noise of the ball in the 5 games he has played.
I think he would have mostly red shirted if our secondary was not a MASH unit.
Great upside with him and Carter.

If Iffy and Coley come back, paired with Garrett, we should be in good shape. I have liked what I have seen from Carter, often playing hurt this season. I think Hanna is smart and has athletic ability but needs to get stronger. Hopefully he can change his body some for next season.

Chestnut and Folk look like future stars and I think it likely both will have an immediate impact.

Last edited:
Hanna is a true frosh and has struggled against the run which would be expected, but he's showed a good noise of the ball in the 5 games he has played.
I think he would have mostly red shirted if our secondary was not a MASH unit.
Great upside with him and Carter.

Agreed. He's fast, shows good instincts, but is physically underdeveloped for prime time P5 PT -- just like you'd expect from most true frosh.

In two years, when he's more physically mature, he'll be a good one.

Also -- best of luck to Trill. I don't blame him one bit, given the injuries he's struggled with this year. He tried to play this season, needs to protect his professional interests.

It's hard being a college football fan when your team sucks and guys jump early while elite teams have guys staying 4 years. I don't blame him for going, but it really makes it hard to care when it feels like your team will never have a chance.
yep my interest level has never been lower. Think I'm done (the fanaticism/tailgating/intense interest in it all that is)

yep my interest level has never been lower. Think I'm done (the fanaticism/tailgating/intense interest in it all that is)
Apathy is understandable.

This team is just not fun to watch right now.
We have an offense that is as fun to watch as going to the dentist and a young defense that flies around and gets turnovers but is young.

The NFL guys like his potential and sometimes that's all you need to show. From what I heard he's gotten enough feedback to make a educated decision.

Sacrifice the 10 win season so they could play on a 5 win team in 2021?

No thanks.

I wouldn't sacrifice the 10 win season either, but you think it's a 5 win team next year if both were playing?

The optimism on this board might have just officially moved off life support and onto death.

From what I heard he's gotten enough feedback to make a educated decision.

This has to be the case, I can't imagine as a family they make this move without it.

Imagine if 3 DBs off of last year's defense were drafted.

I wouldn't sacrifice the 10 win season either, but you think it's a 5 win team next year if both were playing?

The optimism on this board might have just officially moved off life support and onto death.

You think they both play all 12 games without getting injured?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom