Trill Williams | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams

Love those preseason games...soooo important.

How do the high schools and colleges get along without them?

He’s already great and this is not the end of him. He’ll get through this, Trill’s made different

We shouldn’t have changed the thread title.

Here’s to a full and quick as can be expected recovery.

This is one of those times where I feel like this should never happy to someone who puts so much into what he loves.

But in the end I think he’s got the attitude where this will only strengthen his resolve. Theres no give up in Trill.

Love those preseason games...soooo important.

How do the high schools and colleges get along without them?
They don't cut their rosters from 100 to 53?

They don't cut their rosters from 100 to 53?
Exactly. Every pro sport has practice games and that's one of the purposes. I would think players would prefer having the chance to show what they can do in an actual game rather than practice. Just doing a quick search, Liverpool High School has a scrimmage and so does the school my friend coaches out in California, so it's done some at the high school level, although I don't know to what extent nationwide. And realistically, even though the games do count in the record, that's one reason every college schedule 1 or 2 easy games.

That being said, it totally sucks for Trill.

They can't do that in camp?
A coach on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no subsittute for lining up against another team and playing. It probably doesn't make sense for established starters to be risked in these games, but it is how fringe guys make rosters and unproven guys like Trill earn a place on a depth chart. It sucks for him, but it's a violent game.

you can play a scrimmage against another team like the NFL does.. or you can do it against your own team like colleges do.. its still practice and guys get hurt and sometimes they get hurt without any contact. unless you are gonna remove practice completely its gonna happen.

Preseason is all about money. It’s really that simple.

you can play a scrimmage against another team like the NFL does.. or you can do it against your own team like colleges do.. its still practice and guys get hurt and sometimes they get hurt without any contact. unless you are gonna remove practice completely its gonna happen.
Very true. It’s especially concerning if you go down with no contact.

My son was the sports anchor at WPXI in Pittsburgh covering the Steelers. I was with him as he and his photographer were doing a story about the team and an upcoming game.

We were given total access to the field during a practice in their indoor facility. They were lined up as a full offense going through plays with their running backs.

When this event occurred, the backs were taking handoffs from Rothlisberger under center handing off to the backs who then ran wide towards the side line before making their cut parallel to the sideline and running up-field for 10 – 15 yards increasing their speed towards the end of the play.

During filming all the backs, four of them, lined up behind Ben got into position when it was their turn. They had run this specific play through with all the backs once and were on the second run through when a rookie took the ball ran wide made his cut and immediately fell to the ground and started grabbing his right knee. No contact, nothing just the cut to put stress on the ACL and that was it.

70% of all ACL tears are no contact. It is a part of football no one wants but happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom