Trudo out for spring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Trudo out for spring

was the other guy warned also -or is this a one way street?btw -i havent started anything-i just wont let someone talk down to me because of OPINIONS of macky

and his post IS a diss at me- again i didnt start this-he stalks me
this also empowers him to do this to any other poster who has a opinion that doesnt jibe with his

i aslo havent been swearing and acting like a child-

if this my last post so be it

Go watch any game, watch the play of the O line, and tell me that the weak link isn't Chibane.
I think you have the proper perspective on the O-line. Macky isn't the #1 problem, Chibane has been inconsistent for 3 straight yrs. Here's where Trudo, could have and can, eventually contribute and improve- at the LG position. It troubles me we never seem to bring in a true C, but the good ones are far and few between. Someone will need to step up, both in the spring and next season, because I don't see C as Trudo's best position. We will definitely need someone to back-up and push Macky, besides Trudo. Right now, I can't identify anyone, and that's a concern.

They are both weak are you telling me that you think Mac is a D1 center and held his own last year?

They are both weak are you telling me that you think Mac is a D1 center and held his own last year?

Who are you asking?

Yes, I think he is an average D 1 center. I think Pugh and Tiller were the only ones that played above average. Chibane was consistently a huge issue and Hay didn't help with all of his penalties. Macky was consistently average and never did anything to distinguish himself, but he did his job and didn't blow as many assignments as some of the other guys on our line. That being said the unit still needs to improve dramatically and work cohesively rather than half playing bad one game and then the other half play bad the next game.

was the other guy warned also -or is this a one way street?btw -i havent started anything-i just wont let someone talk down to me because of OPINIONS of macky

and his post IS a diss at me- again i didnt start this-he stalks me
this also empowers him to do this to any other poster who has a opinion that doesnt jibe with his

i aslo havent been swearing and acting like a child-

if this my last post so be it

He didn't even respond to a post of yours. Take a break.

I had Trudo penciled in as a starter at OG in 2012. Major loss as he could have used the spring to win the job. I hope he is able to play this fall. We have some depth issues here. Sweet Lou has a golden chance to start now if he can get his weight under control.

Not a big fan of the tight lipped policy reporting injuries. I understand being forthcoming can put the program at a competitive disadvantage during the season but why the reluctance to provide any concrete information on an injury in February?

Anyone know when/how it happened?
Tomcat, it doesn't have anything to do with a football team policy - it's the law of the land. SU, like every educational institution, is bound by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which is intended to protect the privacy rights of students,and student-athletes are no exception. This is why the same reason why SU couldn't disclose the reason behind the Fab Melo suspension. It's also the reason why I get the bill each semester for my daughter, but her grade report is sent to her.

FERPA

Tomcat, it doesn't have anything to do with a football team policy - it's the law of the land. SU, like every educational institution, is bound by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which is intended to protect the privacy rights of students,and student-athletes are no exception. This is why the same reason why SU couldn't disclose the reason behind the Fab Melo suspension. It's also the reason why I get the bill each semester for my daughter, but her grade report is sent to her.

FERPA
I don't know about that. FERPA became law in 1974 and hasn't been amended since 1994. There is something that happened recently.

I think it was prompted by a new BE policy regarding releasing injury released information during the season (I think each school is supposed to list the players injured and the nature of their injury, which can stated as generally as upper body or lower body).

DM appears to have taken that policy and decided to use it 24/7, throughout the year. Seems a bit strange.

I know compliance rules are changing for HIPAA. Maybe that is driving it. But I see injury reports from other schools for injuries that happen during the off season that are a lot more specific than that we are getting now from SU.

I think you have the proper perspective on the O-line. Macky isn't the #1 problem, Chibane has been inconsistent for 3 straight yrs.

Agree with Chibane, but here is something else. Neither Macky or Chibane are ideal OLinemen (Chibane has good size, lack of ability; Macky has lack of size, good ability), but I think Chibane looked alot better during his 1st yr starting because he had Bart covering up alot of his mistakes. Maybe he also felt more comfortable having a C like Bart next to him instead of an undersized Macky.

I don't know about that. FERPA became law in 1974 and hasn't been amended since 1994. There is something that happened recently.

I think it was prompted by a new BE policy regarding releasing injury released information during the season (I think each school is supposed to list the players injured and the nature of their injury, which can stated as generally as upper body or lower body).

DM appears to have taken that policy and decided to use it 24/7, throughout the year. Seems a bit strange.

I know compliance rules are changing for HIPAA. Maybe that is driving it. But I see injury reports from other schools for injuries that happen during the off season that are a lot more specific than that we are getting now from SU.
It appears to be a complex situation that falls under the aegis of both FERPA and HIPPA. You're right that strict enforcement seems to be a fairly recent phenomena that is not evenly applied at every school. Given the intent and spirit of the law, I don't see any reason why it should make a difference if the injury took place during the season or not, or as I previously stated, whether it involves a student-athlete or not.

According to thesportsjournal.org (with my emphasis added):
HIPAA and the Athlete
Within sport, it has been standard practice for information about players’ injuries to be communicated to a wide range of individuals, from physicians and athletic trainers to coaches, school administrators, and even the media. The biggest concern for many sport organizations has been how the privacy act will affect these procedures. ... Another major concern for both types of teams is what, if any, information can be provided to the media (Elmore, 2002), as it disseminates information rapidly and readily to the populace as a whole...

Depending upon the status of a team physician for college teams, there are different stipulations about what information can be shared. Some team physicians conduct part of their practice through the student health center. In this case, the physician falls under the guidelines of FERPA and should be allowed to share information with coaches and athletic trainers. A physician not employed by a university-run health center will be subject to the HIPAA guidelines. In this case it is possible that, in order for any information to be released to athletic trainers, an authorization form would need to be signed. An exception to HIPAA exists that specifically states that information can be released to another provider for treatment purposes. What is unclear, however, is whether or not a trainer is considered a provider under HIPAA guidelines (Hill, 2003).
For coaches and other school administrators, an authorization would need to be provided before this information could be shared. Another concern is on-field evaluations information. Can this be shared with the necessary parties? The answer, it seems, is that these evaluations would fall under the category of emergency evaluations, for which prior authorization is unnecessary.

Finally, regarding the sharing of information with the media, this issue is clear-cut. Under HIPAA, personal health information can be provided to sports information staff or the media only with authorization from the athlete (Magee et al., 2003).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom