True Detective | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

True Detective

Yeah a little let down by the finale. And judging by the whole body of work and the producers and actors, overall it was just better than ok for the season, although a short one. I guess I can't say actors, they were great. But the writers and producers not so great. I expected another HBO home run, this wasn't it for me.

It wasn't one guy in the woods though. It was a conspiracy (remember there were 5 guys in the video tape) they just couldn't prove the tuttles were the ring leaders. All circumstantial and theories. But it was pretty clear that the main serial killer was the bstard grandson of the head Tuttle.

I know they got the two guys in a previous episode and they alluded to the other guy who got a way but it just seemed like it should have been so much more. That there was grand conspiracy through the upper elite and their families. That there was some sort of cult behavior beyond a crazy guy who bangs his sister out in the woods.

For them to end with 'Yup we got our guy. Too bad we could not get them all' seemed really weak.

from reading from the writer he ended it in a way that fits with the story.. he didnt take the easy way and just kill them off, he didnt solve the entire worlds problems either, these guys were flawed and not every has a happy ending..

I know they got the two guys in a previous episode and they alluded to the other guy who got a way but it just seemed like it should have been so much more. That there was grand conspiracy through the upper elite and their families. That there was some sort of cult behavior beyond a crazy guy who bangs his sister out in the woods.

For them to end with 'Yup we got our guy. Too bad we could not get them all' seemed really weak.
we have been conditioned by years of bad television to expect to have everything wrapped up neatly and tied with a tight bow, but in the real world things rarely work out so well.

there is reason the series is titled True Detective.

This is funny. I love True Detective and hate the AT&T commercials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom