Tuesday's Departure Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Tuesday's Departure Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do better than that.

You can do better than that, can’t you?
What is that anyway some ninja Halloween costume? But seriously what aspect other than shooting didn't Judah improve at this year? My take is he got better across the board.

What is that anyway some ninja Halloween costume? But seriously what aspect other than shooting didn't Judah improve at this year? My take is he got better across the board.
Have you not been paying attention? Numerous people presented you with the evidence. He didn’t improve this year.

Regardless, it’s your absurd claim. It’s on you to prove it.

Have you not been paying attention? Numerous people presented you with the evidence. He didn’t improve this year.

Regardless, it’s your absurd claim. It’s on you to prove it.
Ok ill play.
Question how many scholarship basketball players are there in the ACC this year?
Answer 195
Based on this year's voting for All ACC team where did Judah end up?
Answer, second team, eighth in total votes out of 195 players in the ACC only 7 other players in the entire league received more votes than him.
Judah was voted the eighth best player out of 195.
Your turn Spiderman.

Ok ill play.
Question how many scholarship basketball players are there in the ACC this year?
Answer 195
Based on this year's voting for All ACC team where did Judah end up?
Answer, second team, eighth in total votes out of 195 players in the ACC only 7 other players in the entire league received more votes than him.
Judah was voted the eighth best player out of 195.
Your turn Spiderman.
You said he improved in every facet. Prove it.

Heard an interview with Demetris Nichols on ESPN Syracuse. He said he was determined not to get beat out by Paul Harris, who was coming in as one of the top recruits in the country. He said it forced him to work harder. DNic did not run from competition like today's soft, entitled players.
In those podcasts with former players, they share lots of laughs how hard and how competitive the practices were and how many of the games were easier than the practices. You need talented, competitive depth to bring out the best in all the players.

I hope that Brown, Bell and Peterson stay. Cuffe and JJ are staying. Brown left the door open saying that he will see how it shakes out. If I were him I would not want to play center again. These 5 are improving and will be needed to have a successful team.
Taylor was regressing and Cope is, and probably always, will be erratic. Perhaps players play to their personality?
So Tuesday had no departures and this still generated 10 pages. So does someone start a Wednesday departure thread. And can this be recycled next Tuesday. Things that make you go hmmm.

Anyone else find it odd that we haven't heard from Judah or Peter Carey, probably the next two in the transfer line. Is Red working overtime to run it back with these guys. Is there any benefit for not jumping in the portal at this time. And, as being speculated, is GMac going also?

Lots to speculate. Hopefully no surprises today.

Judah has probably maxed out his talents, he is basically a scorer.
he's basically a scorer from the line . which is about the least exciting ball there is.
drive flop shoot ft's. rinse and repeat. if he could actually get to the rim and finish on his feet more often he might be fun to watch. instead we get drive flop on feather contact stop play shoot ft's. repeat. BORING.

Last edited:
Bell just turned 21 years old. We all agree Bell needs to drastically improve his defense and rebounding to become a worthy starter on a good team. I'm sure he has been told to improve these things his whole life but he still hasn't done it.

We have seen flashes of good defense, rebounding and incredible blocks so we know he is capable of doing it. Bell needs constant effort. That is what is holding him back.

I'm sure it's exhausting for Red & the coaches to feel like they constantly need to light a match under Bell's butt to get him to play hard.

I want Bell back but we can't place next season's success on Bell's effort level improving. Several posters say Westry provides the insurance if Bell doesn't click but that means relying on a guy coming off injury that hasn't played in 2 years. I'm worried but trust Red.
This is not directed at you, your post just got me thinking a bit

There’s always been an undervaluing of potential growth and development by players year to year, but now w the transfer portal, we’re worse than we’ve ever been at giving up on players too soon. I wouldn’t be shocked if the maturity that comes with being a junior in college as well as playing a ton of minutes, allows Bell to realize some potential in his areas of perceived weakness. I think he can become a more complete player while still hitting 40%+ from 3.

There’s always been an undervaluing of potential growth and development by players year to year, but now w the transfer portal, we’re worse than we’ve ever been at giving up on players too soon. I wouldn’t be shocked if the maturity that comes with being a junior in college as well as playing a ton of minutes, allows Bell to realize some potential in his areas of perceived weakness. I think he can become a more complete player while still hitting 40%+ from 3.
As some guys physically and mentally mature as they go into their 3rd and 4th season, the game slows down for them as they are playing against guys 2 and 3 years younger. Let's hope Bell is one of those guys.

The growth of players from freshman to senior years is one of the things I have loved the most with college basketball. It felt like family. Now we just push them out the door - or they bolt for greener pastures rather than learning from their coach. How can we be attached to our teams when we don’t know what their composition will be from year to year?

I wonder how the players feel about all this change?

The growth of players from freshman to senior years is one of the things I have loved the most with college basketball. It felt like family. Now we just push them out the door - or they bolt for greener pastures rather than learning from their coach. How can we be attached to our teams when we don’t know what their composition will be from year to year?

I wonder how the players feel about all this change?
Unfortunately, most of them probably care about is how much NIL money they can get, how much playing time and how can I get to the NBA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors