Tuesday's Departure Thread | Syracusefan.com

Tuesday's Departure Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
I hope that Brown, Bell and Peterson stay. Cuffe and JJ are staying. Brown left the door open saying that he will see how it shakes out. If I were him I would not want to play center again. These 5 are improving and will be needed to have a successful team.
Taylor was regressing and Cope is, and probably always, will be erratic. Perhaps players play to their personality?

I hope that Brown, Bell and Peterson stay. Cuffe and JJ are staying. Brown left the door open saying that he will see how it shakes out. If I were him I would not want to play center again. These 5 are improving and will be needed to have a successful team.
Taylor was regressing and Cope is, and probably always, will be erratic. Perhaps players play to their personality?
Who is Peterson? Not sure about your personality critiques at the end; interesting you know those guys personally eh

Last edited:
Who is Peterson?

844k8tbN8mr5Nk69Ge2yzFR4k9r.jpg

I thought Cuffe was looking elsewhere?

And Hima med dq?

Carey moving on

Mintz moving on

So out:
Williams, Taylor, Copeland, Carey, Cuffe, Mintz, Hima

Staying:
Brown, Starling, Patterson

Leaning stay:
Bell

Regarding Taylor and Copeland...both players have their abilities. But I think it's important to note that as excited as we were to be getting a 3/4 or 4/4 star recruit from IMG, neither of these guys played for the IMG National team. They were both on the IMG Varsity team which while still very good competition, it's not where the top players play. Donnie Freeman is on the National team. He is one of the 2 best players on the National team. Recruiting stars and rankings may not matter all that much but what team a coach assigns a player to does usually. In case you're wondering (I was) 3 of the the IMG National players from that season are already in the NBA.

If Bell stays I'm guessing that means we do not portal in a starting 3? Sounds like we might have room for 4 portal adds plus our 2 freshman (6 departures). Do you portal in 2-3 kids that are told they will not start?

If Bell stays I'm guessing that means we do not portal in a starting 3? Sounds like we might have room for 4 portal adds plus our 2 freshman (6 departures). Do you portal in 2-3 kids that are told they will not start?
I think we want JJ, Bell and Brown as the core coming back. Add Cuffe, Patterson, Westry, Naheem and the two frosh. We look to add a PG, a wing and a center. Depending on the quality of those three adds, we just might have something.

With the way things seem to be going, I think we put major priority on the PG and Center position. The other positions I think we may get a guy or two, but probably bench players. Those other guys can hopefully bring in the work ethic and effort JT brought to our program and contribute to a better team culture, as well as providing depth.

Go

That's a nice core to go along with freshman. I could see Bell taking a big leap. He did put more consistent effort rebounding down the stretch.
All he did was play more minutes, he didn’t average any more really.

Who is Peterson? Not sure about your personality critiques at the end; interesting you know those guys personally eh
No, I don't know them personally but Cope's game fits his loud personality and JT's game fits his reserved personality. Make of that whatever you want.

Brown already publicly announced he’s coming back
Wish that were true. He added that he will see how the pieces come together.

I think we want JJ, Bell and Brown as the core coming back. Add Cuffe, Patterson, Westry, Naheem and the two frosh. We look to add a PG, a wing and a center. Depending on the quality of those three adds, we just might have something.

If Red is having the tough talks and being real with this group then Bell and JJ should be locked in all off season to improve and secure their roles. Westry if healthy is an elite defender and would quickly jump to being one of the best players on the team and if Reynolds was a target then that pushes on both JJ and Bell for minutes at the 3. Then you have to see what Moore can do as a frosh and how ready he is .

if these 2 guys are jumping ship it's certainly not for lack of PT. both avg'd over 20 mpg. hopefully there are some other talented players out there who see the game minutes we just freed up , see that red actually uses his bench . and who actually want to come to the dome and play a big role here . hey if you ain't happy adios . we'll find some players who really want to wear the orange.

Bell's per 40 steals went up, and his blocks per 40 nearly doubled. Bummer is his rebounding was flat per 40, might have even dropped just slightly.
And this doesn’t account for his positioning and on the ball defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom