Tulane and Toledo the biggest games on the schedule | Syracusefan.com

Tulane and Toledo the biggest games on the schedule

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
2-5 in the big east and your bowl eligible if we dont beat usc. I will say this wake is very well coached and if their qb plays soon they will go to a bowl game this year. Grove ISA good coach, I just hope we didn't beat the acc cellar dweller other than duke

I disagree about the part where you said that Wake is very well coached.

A good coach can take a school about as big as a high school and win the ACC and go to an Orange Bowl.

Bigger schools have wanted Grobe, he seems to like where he is in life.

As far as yesterday's game he made the decision that a backup QB would not be able to flip the field in a 2 minute drill to get in field goal position. Played the odds on that one, won the flip, just bounced the wrong way for the guy.

I still think it was a lousy call ... if you don't trust your QB at least give the ball to your most trusted RB and see if he can get 30 yards for you.

A good coach can take a school about as big as a high school and win the ACC and go to an Orange Bowl.

Bigger schools have wanted Grobe, he seems to like where he is in life.

As far as yesterday's game he made the decision that a backup QB would not be able to flip the field in a 2 minute drill to get in field goal position. Played the odds on that one, won the flip, just bounced the wrong way for the guy.

Agree 100%, the odds are so stacked against you at wake, worse than Syracuse really. The fact that grobe has found a way to put a competitive product on the field less 2010 is amazing.

I find it amusing that people are so quick to judge when conervative coach doesn't pan out but hesitate to give credit when it does. Grobe figured he would roll the dice on it, it didn't work.

I don't see anyone calling Marrone a genius for punting the ball at the 50 on 4th and 1 in the 2 nd qt. The down the ball at the 5, force a 3 and out and score a td 5 or6 plays later, great call. Went up 7 to 6

considering he went out throwing the ball the series before and almost cost him the game, playing it somewhat safer the next time is not all that bad..

Wake had a great gameplan. More aggressive on D than they were last year, and I'm not sure they used that pistol last year did they? QB was rusty, his WRs bailed him out on a couple bad throws, they could have been up 35-7 at half. That TD throw in the corner, though, was a perfect pass.

I'll be curious to see how Wake finishes in the ACC. They were young last year, they're a year older and better. Not winning the league good or anything like that, but I can see middle of the pack ACC. Unless they have to stick with that backup QB.

I don't see anyone calling Marrone a genius for punting the ball at the 50 on 4th and 1 in the 2 nd qt. The down the ball at the 5, force a 3 and out and score a td 5 or6 plays later, great call. Went up 7 to 6

Great point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom