Tulane to Big East | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tulane to Big East

So sad for Tulane to go from being a founding member of the SEC to willingly becoming a member of the Big East. They must have extraordinarily bad karma.

this is a serious question that I do not know the answer to - but is Tulane good at any sport? I guess they must have some history, but besides that season way back with Bowden as football coach I can't think of Tulane ever being relevant in anything athletic related.

Wikipedia shows some success in Tennis and Baseball, as well as the one season wear Shaun King? was an all american caliber QB

images

The Big East RIP I loved you when I was a kid.

At least the BE is being proactive. It also tells me that it may be about to lose one if not two schools. And if East Carolina is being added as a football only, it tells me that Navy is getting serious looks from the ACC.

@KevinMcNamara33: Mike Aresco: "We're not finished. We have other plans for expansion...could go to 16 in football"

Can they even come up with 16 at this point? Right now they have 8 Eastern teams and 6 Western. One of those East teams will end up in the ACC. I could see them taking UMass as the replacement but that means they likely have to take them in BBall as well. Who else is left out there? Tulsa? Fresno? Utah St? Colorado St? You really are going to take two of those schools? If this is all about securing the G5 bid, then why not just go to 20 in FB?

East- UMass, UConn, Temple, Northern Illinois, Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, ECU, USF, UCF
West- Boise, Fresno, SD, Nevada, Utah St, Colorado St, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Tulane

The West can create their own conference in all other sports but FB. That way they do not have to park their other sports in separate places.

At least the BE is being proactive. It also tells me that it may be about to lose one if not two schools. And if East Carolina is being added as a football only, it tells me that Navy is getting serious looks from the ACC.

Looks like quantity over quality. And with UConn, Louisville & Cincy soliciting suitors, it looks more like plugging leaks than being pro active. You need a decoder ring to know which sports each school participates in.

East Carolina
Tulane
Boise State
San Diego State
SMU
Houston
Louisville
Cincinnatti
UConn
Temple
Memphis
USF
UCF

Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Seton Hall
DePaul
St. John's

With the hoops TV contract coming to an end after the current season, it's probably time for the two sides to go their separate ways.

Looks like quantity over quality. And with UConn, Louisville & Cincy soliciting suitors, it looks more like plugging leaks than being pro active. You need a decoder ring to know which sports each school participates in.

East Carolina
Tulane
Boise State
San Diego State
SMU
Houston
Louisville
Cincinnatti
UConn
Temple
Memphis
USF
UCF

Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Seton Hall
DePaul
St. John's
You left out Marquette on the hoops side.

I'm going to love hearing Pitino spin this one into a positive

He's probably salivating at the thought of road games to NO. Lots of drunk women to be had on restaurant tables.

ha ha ha ha ha ha...East Carolina and Tulane?!? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Just die already Big East! Go away this is a joke!

this is a serious question that I do not know the answer to - but is Tulane good at any sport? I guess they must have some history, but besides that season way back with Bowden as football coach I can't think of Tulane ever being relevant in anything athletic related.

Bobby Duhon. The end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom