Turning the Court? Really? Give me your thoughts... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Turning the Court? Really? Give me your thoughts...

I think we will all be able to overcome not having a place to meet pregame for a beer, not having the kids be able to do a free throw contest, and overcome the fact that it's the day before the Super Bowl to do what has never been done before. Sure the media will definitely be giving a ton of the spotlight to the Super Bowl, but quick ...off the top of your head, what sporting event will it be competing with? Had it been two weeks prior, you would all be complaining it would interfere with the NFL playoffs on Saturdays.

Is Gross cheesey? Yes. Will this bring a ton of exposure that not doing it wouldnt? Yes.

PS-I am a season ticket holder who will be able to swallow the fact that my seats will be moved for one game in order to pull something like this off.

Jake C was right about some of you.

I think we will all be able to overcome not having a place to meet pregame for a beer, not having the kids be able to do a free throw contest, and overcome the fact that it's the day before the Super Bowl to do what has never been done before. Sure the media will definitely be giving a ton of the spotlight to the Super Bowl, but quick ...off the top of your head, what sporting event will it be competing with? Had it been two weeks prior, you would all be complaining it would interfere with the NFL playoffs on Saturdays.

Is Gross cheesey? Yes. Will this bring a ton of exposure that not doing it wouldnt? Yes.

PS-I am a season ticket holder who will be able to swallow the fact that my seats will be moved for one game in order to pull something like this off.

Jake C was right about some of you.
All the other season ticket holders will be able to swallow that fact too. It's the fact they were sold one thing and given another (if, in fact, it actually happens). Not sure what some of you don't get about that. I guess bait and switch isn't an issue for you. Is it an end-of-the-world issue? No, of course not. It just seems wrong.

All the other season ticket holders will be able to swallow that fact too. It's the fact they were sold one thing and given another (if, in fact, it actually happens). Not sure what some of you don't get about that. I guess bait and switch isn't an issue for you. Is it an end-of-the-world issue? No, of course not. It just seems wrong.

They were sold a ticket to a Duke hoops game at the Dome. I have no idea what the fine print said.

They were sold a ticket to a Duke hoops game at the Dome. I have no idea what the fine print said.
I tend to disagree - they were sold a ticket to the same seats they had in all the other games. Now, if it happens, they don't have those seats for one of the biggest games of the year. Again, world-ending? No. But at the least a bit disingenuous.

What they do before they collect dime one is tell you that it will be moved, here is where your seats will be for the Duke game, here is the price if you want the Duke seats included, here is the price if you don't want the seats included. That goes for the donation and the tickets. My choice. Don't wait till after I have plunked down over $4k that the game I and 1,000's of others are looking forward to the most will have their seats moved to a worse, and maybe much worse, location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, there is a standing offer from someone on the board to buy your ticket. Just sell it

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Well, there is a standing offer from someone on the board to buy your ticket. Just sell it

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Sure, that's the answer.

No fine print. But an online invoice that included a section number, row, and seat number as well as a preferred seating chart on the site that includes the court location.

The "fine print" on my ticket invoice ... very expiicitly identified my two seats.

It is really a bad idea. We are used to playing with the court one way. This would negate some of our home court advantage. It's not fair to people who have paid for season tickets. They made a deal with the University. When I was a kid, we played checkers. And sometimes we played that you had to jump, and sometimes you didn't. But you always set the rules before the game. Bad idea.

I haven't read through this entire thread, nor do I plan to. My concern with this idea is that if it is ever done it should be done for a truly once in a lifetime event. How can a conference game against a team will play at home at very least every two years be considered the biggest game ever? You can't tell a game is going to be the biggest game ever until the season plays out. I just don't get the infatuation with Duke. Soon enough playing Duke and UNC will be old hat, why freak out and go crazy now?

I'm thinking you and UEO?

I'm good for the home bench.

Put me and bayside in charge of a new facility, please.

Since we are both pro-Dome, we will lose the file for 30 years.

It is really a bad idea. We are used to playing with the court one way. This would negate some of our home court advantage. It's not fair to people who have paid for season tickets. They made a deal with the University. When I was a kid, we played checkers. And sometimes we played that you had to jump, and sometimes you didn't. But you always set the rules before the game. Bad idea.
Show me where in the season ticket license that SU says your seats can't be moved or revoked, let alone the court cannot be moved. That's part of purchasing a license.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom