Turning the Court? Really? Give me your thoughts... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Turning the Court? Really? Give me your thoughts...

Hearing rumblings that not only is the court move happening, but the Duke game will be removed from the season ticket package which has already been (donated and) paid. I was told that season ticket holders would get first crack at buying tickets for the game. Hoping my sources are wrong on this one, but they seem resigned to this happening.

I don't care about a record crowd, media attention, etc., I challenge people to defend this practice as a good business decision. This is the best home game for 2013-14 and people who support the program are now going to be told that their money hasn't given them access? I sure hope SU comes to their senses (or that my sources had some bad info).
More of the dreaded "rumblings" that seem to be going around.:D

Hearing rumblings that not only is the court move happening, but the Duke game will be removed from the season ticket package which has already been (donated and) paid. I was told that season ticket holders would get first crack at buying tickets for the game. Hoping my sources are wrong on this one, but they seem resigned to this happening.

I don't care about a record crowd, media attention, etc., I challenge people to defend this practice as a good business decision. This is the best home game for 2013-14 and people who support the program are now going to be told that their money hasn't given them access? I sure hope SU comes to their senses (or that my sources had some bad info).

$480 for season tickets that don't even include the Duke game ??? !!!

Pretty sure you're getting bad info.

best thing is to just move this to the Garden.

That is even worse than if they moved the court in the Dome. The season tix holders who've already paid all of a sudden get screwed because the marquee Dome game gets shipped off to MSG.

I'm assuming there was a level of sarcasm in your post that I missed due to lack of context.

Absolutely. And this is a huge part of the issue. Duke travels well... and there are thousands of them in Metro NYC. If we open up all those extra seats, they will be bought by Duke fans... who will be featured on TV ... in OUR HOUSE. Maybe Georgetown had the right idea. Make it hard to opposing fans to buy tix. Make the Duke fans buy packages to Fordham and Colgate (or whomever we're playing in November this year). If it just an open event... they will buy tons of tickets

Which makes me sick.

You know Doooookie V will somehow swindle his way into this game as a color commentary stick, even though it's Gameday. I can already hear him in my nightmares, "Take a look at how many DOOOOOOKIES are in the crowd!!! It's unbelievable BABY!!! WOW, that's a Dipsy-doo, Dunk-a-roo for the greatest coach ever Coach K. He's still a DIAPER DANDY!!! It's flat-out scary, BABY!!! All-Michelangelo Team!! Blue is awesome Baby, with a Capital A! The Dukies are on fire, someone call the fire chief to put them out!! SLAM BAM JAM kids, we're having a big-time TREAT tonight!!

NorthCarolinavDukekWNXHonDFdLl_display_image.jpg

Someone please make it stop... couchburn

This is crazy, Duke fans. just offer the cheap seats online to certain zip codes like everyone else does. They'll get bought up by the good guys.

I was at the Dome for a meeting, there were about 40 of us there. We were told the court is not being moved for the Duke game or any game this year. This was told to us by Pete Sala.

I was at the Dome for a meeting, there were about 40 of us there. We were told the court is not being moved for the Duke game or any game this year. This was told to us by Pete Sala.

I was gonna pull that thread but decided it was best not to put people in an uncomfortable position of being asked. Hopefully you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing more to see here. Carry on.

Great news. Glad my sources had bad info on this one...and that SU came to their senses. Take the time and plan to do it the right way.

He probably would have. Most probably would. What I can't understand is your support of Bait and Switch. Because this is clearly what SU did. Is it the biggest deal on earth? No, of course not. But to not get that this could piss people off is beyond me.
I get that it wasn't officially announced prior to the seasons, but there have been "rumblings" about it happening for years and a while specifically for this game, this season, so its not like it's a complete shock.

But, I agree with the ticket holders being upset.

Not really but if anything boeheim's opinion on this matters less because its just one game.

Apples and oranges because changing your home court is one thing, a huge thing, while moving a game people already paid for is quite different. We knew the home court was moving. We were given the chance to select our seats based on contribution level. All before we gave our money. Apples and oranges. Fortunately right now, if Sherrill is correct, smarter heads have made the right decision.

Apples and oranges because changing your home court is one thing, a huge thing, while moving a game people already paid for is quite different. We knew the home court was moving. We were given the chance to select our seats based on contribution level. All before we gave our money. Apples and oranges. Fortunately right now, if Sherrill is correct, smarter heads have made the right decision.

The analogy is a good one. Definitely not apples and oranges. The point was boeheims opinion isn't necessarily the right answer. Therefore, his opinion doesn't trump all. Not seein how your post refutes that original point in the least.

The analogy is a good one. Definitely not apples and oranges. The point was boeheims opinion isn't necessarily the right answer. Therefore, his opinion doesn't trump all. Not seein how your post refutes that original point in the least.

Your talking in circles now. You said the players opinion trumps everyone. I said Boeheim was against it and his opinion trumped theirs. Then you and another poster inject Manley which was a TOTALLY different situation and has nothing to do with your original comments and my response.

I don't think Boeheim, the team or even the fans should have the final say. It should be up to the school who will take all of these entities as well as others into account. Then, they should make a decision based on the best interests of everyone.

Your talking in circles now. You said the players opinion trumps everyone. I said Boeheim was against it and his opinion trumped theirs. Then you and another poster inject Manley which was a TOTALLY different situation and has nothing to do with your original comments and my response.

No he didn't.

He referenced Boeheim's opinion about the Manley move, not the substance of the Manley move.

No he didn't.

He referenced Boeheim's opinion about the Manley move, not the substance of the Manley move.

And what does that have to do with Boeheim's opinion trumping the players. None.

Ok this is my last post because its clear we disagree. You will have the last word after this.

I don't know how to explain this to you. It's like trying to explain why 2 + 2 = 4. But the point of the post was that boeheims opinion isn't always right, and I don't think it trumps the players in this instance. That is not circular at all so you're 0 for 2 on cliches.

This sounds all irrelevant based on what sherill said but I really hope they do this at some point because I think it would work and be good for the program and community.

And one very last point, again the duke invasion argument is just horrendous. I doubt theyre going to take over the dome in the way we invade dc. even if so, Who cares if they come. I hope they spend lots of money because god knows syracuse isn't a tourist destination and it would be good for local businesses.

Ok this is my last post because its clear we disagree. You will have the last word after this.

I don't know how to explain this to you. It's like trying to explain why 2 + 2 = 4. But the point of the post was that boeheims opinion isn't always right, and I don't think it trumps the players in this instance. That is not circular at all so you're 0 for 2 on cliches.

This sounds all irrelevant based on what sherill said but I really hope they do this at some point because I think it would work and be good for the program and community.

And one very last point, again the duke invasion argument is just horrendous. I doubt theyre going to take over the dome in the way we invade dc. even if so, Who cares if they come. I hope they spend lots of money because god knows syracuse isn't a tourist destination and it would be good for local businesses.

Apples and oranges to the situation. And again, Boeheim's opinion could be wrong 1,000 times, doesn't matter. His opinion on something like this trumps that of the players. You said the players opinion trumps everyone's...wrong wrong wrong. So you must think 2+2=3.

With this single game being a huge debate, I can't imagine the debate we will have when the Carrier Dome is ultimately replaced by a new football stadium and basketball arena.

With this single game being a huge debate, I can't imagine the debate we will have when the Carrier Dome is ultimately replaced by a new football stadium and basketball arena.

I've said it for a long time, that will happen. It will be at South Campus. And while the donation levels will assuredly go up and likely keep me from the same quality seat, I won't be mad. Totally different type of situation.

I've said it for a long time, that will happen. It will be at South Campus. And while the donation levels will assuredly go up and likely keep me from the same quality seat, I won't be mad. Totally different type of situation.

Who is going to pay for it?

Maryland is broke for forever for adding some suites and a deck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom