TV: Does anyone else not get MSG+? | Syracusefan.com

TV: Does anyone else not get MSG+?

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
I knew this crap would happen. Why am I not shocked that with a conference change, Time Warner is caught with their pants down.

Apparently there are pockets throughout Upstate NY that do not have MSG+ (for reasons unknown to every TW representative I spoke with). And yippee for me, I live in one of those areas!

Considering Upstate NY is now ACC country and the ACC Network RSN channel flows to MSG+, you would think Time Warner would put two and two together and get MSG+ in every household in Upstate NY. But of course not. Well done, numbnuts!

This blows!

I was concerned about this as well. I'm going to the game, but I thought I was out of luck (for taping purposes) until I discovered that NESN is doing the game. I live 75 miles from NYC and my cable doesn't have MSG plus.

I knew this crap would happen. Why am I not shocked that with a conference change, Time Warner is caught with their pants down.

Apparently there are pockets throughout Upstate NY that do not have MSG+ (for reasons unknown to every TW representative I spoke with). And yippee for me, I live in one of those areas!

Considering Upstate NY is now ACC country and the ACC Network RSN channel flows to MSG+, you would think Time Warner would put two and two together and get MSG+ in every household in Upstate NY. But of course not. Well done, numbnuts!

This blows!

I don't know what y'all have with Time Warner but the sports package that I have with Directv is showing that the game is also being carried by some of the Foxsports channels and Root besides MSG+.

I don't know what y'all have with Time Warner but the sports package that I have with Directv is showing that the game is also being carried by some of the Foxsports channels and Root besides MSG+.
Comcast SportsNet Mid Atlantic
FOX Sports Arizona PLUS
FOX Sports Detroit
FOX Sports Midwest PLUS
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports Southwest PLUS
FOX Sports West
MSG PLUS
NESN
ROOT Sports Northwest
ROOT Sports Pittsburgh
SportsTime Ohio
Sun Sports

it will all depend on whether msg+ enforces the blackout rules in upstate ny. they have the exclusive rights in the area and could limit most other stations from showing it around here.

I'm not going to be home and I'm expecting that when I DVR msg+ it will be blacked out and I'm going to get f*cked like I always do by TW.

FOX Sports Arizona PLUS
FOX Sports Detroit
FOX Sports Midwest PLUS
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports West
MSG PLUS
NESN
ROOT Sports Northwest
ROOT Sports Pittsburgh
SportsTime Ohio
Sun Sports
I checked earlier in the week and ESPN3 was on that list. Also checked their listings and it was there. Is that not the case?

I checked earlier in the week and ESPN3 was on that list. Also checked their listings and it was there. Is that not the case?
Espn3 is showing in some places but it says "blackout restrictions" so who knows

I'm not going to be home and I'm expecting that when I DVR msg+ it will be blacked out and I'm going to get f*cked like I always do by TW.
Won't be blacked out on MSG+

Won't be blacked out on MSG+

How do you know? The last few years it was blacked out almost every game, if not every game, when it was on SNY.

How do you know? The last few years it was blacked out almost every game, if not every game, when it was on SNY.
Read uppers post above. MSG+ is the one Saturday with the exclusive rights this time. Everywhere else may be blacked out because of this. Kind of the reverse of what we're used to with MSG+ in the past

Read uppers post above. MSG+ is the one Saturday with the exclusive rights this time. Everywhere else may be blacked out because of this. Kind of the reverse of what we're used to with MSG+ in the past

Ok, thanks. Didn't make that connection looking through the information. Good to know.

msg+ is a special station.. on directv its used for when MSG has more games than channels to show it on.. for example MSG has the rights up here to show the devils/rangers/sabres hockey games.. if all 3 are on at the same time the Sabres go to MSG+ but in upstate NY the games are blackout because we are so close to buffalo.

on directv you have to remember they often show games on channels they dont have the real rights to show them. for example NESN does not have the rights to show the games in upstate ny for most events. but if NESN doesnt send the blackout rules the game shows up.. and they really dont care if people watch their station for a game they dont really own the rights too.. its only an issue if someone else has the local rights and complains. this is what TW used to try to enforce all the time.

FOX Sports Arizona PLUS
FOX Sports Detroit
FOX Sports Midwest PLUS
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports West
MSG PLUS
NESN
ROOT Sports Northwest
ROOT Sports Pittsburgh
SportsTime Ohio
Sun Sports
Yeah I get none of those.

Espn3 is showing in some places but it says "blackout restrictions" so who knows
I'll be in the Adirondacks so hoping I catch a break as that's what I was planning on.

Though going into town to a bar wouldn't be the worst.

no msg plus here but we don't have msg either(obscure cable company haefele tv in southern ny). but its not like msg/msg + is going to have a bunch of games as yes network has at least half of the acc RSN rights(msg likely only has them in septemeber and whenever nets conflict in November thru april

and haefele tv isn't adding any new channels right now as there doing a major hd upgrade so its game chat and game center for me as streaming isn't really an option (No high speed net)

One alternative is to set up a VPN for anywhere outside the blackout area. That will get you espn3 on a computer (assuming you have watchespn access).

Set up your VPN. Log in, say from a Los Angeles IP address. It should work.

Check out http://hidemyass.com.

Sorry no link. Can't figure out how to link on the Tapatalk upgrade.

Edit: looks like it took care of the link for me.

One alternative is to set up a VPN for anywhere outside the blackout area. That will get you espn3 on a computer (assuming you have watchespn access).

Set up your VPN. Log in, say from a Los Angeles IP address. It should work.

Check out http://hidemyass.com.

Sorry no link. Can't figure out how to link on the Tapatalk upgrade.

Edit: looks like it took care of the link for me.
Wow that's some James Bond stuff right there. Love it