TV moments that made you go Wow! | Syracusefan.com

TV moments that made you go Wow!

Vshukla

Walk On
What are some of your favorite TV moments? Ones that made you go “wow…!”. I’m not talking about sports or news, but rather fiction.

Here are a couple of mine:

Magnum PI (original) – “Did you see the sunrise this morning?”

Battlestar Galactica (remake) – The Adama maneuver and Pegasus to the rescue (both in the same episode!)

What are some of your favorite TV moments? Ones that made you go “wow…!”. I’m not talking about sports or news, but rather fiction.

Battlestar Galactica (remake) – The Adama maneuver and Pegasus to the rescue (both in the same episode!)
Ivan was a mf’er

The bazooka on Gotham.

Really though Gotham had a bunch. That show was bonkers in the best way.

“Radar, put a mask on!”
“If that’s my discharge, give it to me straight, I can take it.”

“ I have a message. Lt. Col. Henry Blake’s plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.”

The back story of that scene shows terrific directing. No one knew they were killing Henry. Gary Burghoff got his lines just before entering the O.R. That’s why it is so real.

Last edited:
When Walt ran over those drug dealers to save Jesse. Actually Breaking Bad had several of them. The end of season 3 when they were about to bring Walt into the lab to kill him, and he tricked them and got Jesse on the phone to kill Gale and in effect save Walt?? That was intense.

“Radar, put a mask on!”
“If that’s my discharge, give it to me straight, I can take it.”

“ I have a message. Lt. Col. Henry Blake’s plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.”

The back story of that scene shows terrific directing. No one knew they were killing Henry. Gary Burghoff got his lines just before entering the O.R. That’s why it is so real.
Yeah, this one was definitely a WOW for me.

Others:

• ER - Dr. Carter stabbed by a patient and on the floor sees Dr. Knight on the floor, also stabbed and bleeding out.
  • The closing scene of The Sopranos
  • Omar's death on The Wire

When the entire series St Elsewhere took place in a snow globe.
I had three St Elsewhere moments of "Wow" and all were way before the snow globe.

(In no order and all involved brilliant acting)

1) Actor Byron Stewart seamlessly transitioned high school student Warren Coolidge from LA to hospital orderly Warren Coolidge in Boston.

2) Mark Harmon goes from star QB at UCLA to become an actor and play a doctor on the show. Loved him early on in Summer School and Stealing Home but never expected him to have the career he later had playing Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

3) Stephen Furst goes from loser freshman Kent "Flounder" Dorfman to become a doctor on the show. Everytime I would see him, I would think of him as Flounder. Just like with Tim Matheson/Otter when I see him 45 years later playing Doc in Virgin River.

I wasnt really watching Mash until it was in reruns as a kid so I didnt really catch many of them in order, but the episode that Henry Blake died in shocked me as much as it did most of the actors who also had no clue it was coming..

I had three St Elsewhere moments of "Wow" and all were way before the snow globe.

(In no order and all involved brilliant acting)

1) Actor Byron Stewart seamlessly transitioned high school student Warren Coolidge from LA to hospital orderly Warren Coolidge in Boston.

2) Mark Harmon goes from star QB at UCLA to become an actor and play a doctor on the show. Loved him early on in Summer School and Stealing Home but never expected him to have the career he later had playing Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

3) Stephen Furst goes from loser freshman Kent "Flounder" Dorfman to become a doctor on the show. Everytime I would see him, I would think of him as Flounder. Just like with Tim Matheson/Otter when I see him 45 years later playing Doc in Virgin River.

Coolidge had a scholarship to Boston College, but blew out his knee.

Harmon almost starred in the Jack Webb drama "905-Wild" about animal control officers in LA, but the show never got past the pilot stage.

Eric Laneuville is a big time director and producer now.

Coolidge had a scholarship to Boston College, but blew out his knee.

Harmon almost starred in the Jack Webb drama "905-Wild" about animal control officers in LA, but the show never got past the pilot stage.

Eric Laneuville is a big time director and producer now.
I never knew about the BC story line but this confirms it. LOL!!!

The final season and a half of GoT devolving into something a 3rd grader, but with less imagination, would write in crayon on the back of their Hello Kitty folder before throwing it in the trash on the last day of school was a Wow experience for me.

i remember marcia cross taking off her wig on MELROSE and going WOW.

e9a878eba463b535425d531cf3e59863.jpg

didn't see that coming.

(also the episode titled A Very Bad Brady Date with davy jones slipping the roofie to marsha brady and filming her "torking" fellow monkey peter tork. very disturbing for young viewers. made me a "day nightmare" believer )

Last edited:
I’m going to go with Charo’s top malfunction on the Jerry Lewis Telethon.

i remember marcia cross taking off her wig on MELROSE and going WOW.

View attachment 227127

didn't see that coming.

(also the episode titled A Very Bad Brady Date with davy jones slipping the roofie to marsha brady and filming her "torking" fellow monkey peter tork. very disturbing for young viewers. made me a "day nightmare" believer )
Reminded me of this.

When the Governor killed Hershel in The Walking Dead is one that sticks out to me for some reason:

I thought ALF getting caught and taken to to a military base likely to be dissected was a strange way to end

A couple more that come to mind, both from the same episode.
The garage scene in the final episode of The Americans didn't necessarily make me go "wow" but it was incredibly tense and captivating.

The train scene from the same episode did make me go "Wow!".