Two thoughts watching the gtown/st johns game | Syracusefan.com

Two thoughts watching the gtown/st johns game

Marsh01

Living Legend
One is i miss dick stockton doing college hoops. Such a great announcer

Two is i still marvel at how when i walked out of the verizon center i felt about as low as i have felt as a syracuse fan after a game in years. Georgetown fans were mocking us and saying how we better get used to mediocrity heading into the ACC and how it was their time to win a NC

Well gulf coast happened, we make a final four run cutting down the nets on their home floor and are now the undefeated #1 team in the country while they are heading for an NiT bid

Ah...

st johns is right on the border for the tourney as is gtown

I still remember growing up and people in the CNY area liking the hoyas. all those people are know cuse as, go figure

Two is i still marvel at how when i walked out of the verizon center i felt about as low as i have felt as a syracuse fan after a game in years. Georgetown fans were mocking us and saying how we better get used to mediocrity heading into the ACC and how it was their time to win a NC

Well gulf coast happened, we make a final four run cutting down the nets on their home floor and are now the undefeated #1 team in the country while they are heading for an NiT bid

Ah...
and we beat them in the semis of the big east

Ah...
We had 2 of the top 20 devestating losses in SU history, less than a year ago. The Louisville BET loss was devastating in a different way. But (including the exhibitions) since the Verizon Ctr game we are 38-2 with the only 2 losses to 2013 FF teams.
Seriously the last 3 years have had a strange strange karma feeling to all of it.

Watching GTown-St.John's made me realize how glad I am that we don't have to subject ourselves to any more thugball. Hate their style of play and chipiness. Of course the game included the requisite near brawl between GTown and whoever they are playing. Good-bye Hoyas...as they fade in the rear view mirror.

Georgetown should make the NCAA tournament, although they have a bad OOC loss to Northeastern they have better OOC wins than every team in the ACC not named SU and UNC. St John's is making a late push and I believe they will also make the NCAAT.

I think the Big East will get 5 bids and the old Big East would be looking at at least 8 bids and perhaps 10.

Watching GTown-St.John's made me realize how glad I am that we don't have to subject ourselves to any more thugball. Hate their style of play and chipiness.

I couldn't agree more.

Georgetown should make the NCAA tournament, although they have a bad OOC loss to Northeastern they have better OOC wins than every team in the ACC not named SU and UNC. St John's is making a late push and I believe they will also make the NCAAT.

I think the Big East will get 5 bids and the old Big East would be looking at at least 8 bids and perhaps 10.
Georgetown has a heckuva lot of work to do, after this loss yesterday. They are 3-5 vs. the Top 25, 5-7 vs. Top 50. Vs. the Top 200 (that's 200, not 100) they are 11-9. Not stellar. Their best win is MSU, but they have awful losses to Northeaster and Seton Hall. Their closing schedule is @ Seton Hall (who has already beaten them), Xavier, @ Marquette, Creighton, and @ Villanova. They have a lot of work to do, IMO. They could easily finish the regular season 16-14. That's not going to cut it, no matter what your SOS is (and theirs is not great - mid-60's).

St. John's has a much better chance than Gtown, IMO.

Watching Gtown-St Johns should have made you realize that you have no life or there was nothing else on and you had all of your chores done.

Georgetown has a heckuva lot of work to do, after this loss yesterday. They are 3-5 vs. the Top 25, 5-7 vs. Top 50. Vs. the Top 200 (that's 200, not 100) they are 11-9. Not stellar. Their best win is MSU, but they have awful losses to Northeaster and Seton Hall. Their closing schedule is @ Seton Hall (who has already beaten them), Xavier, @ Marquette, Creighton, and @ Villanova. They have a lot of work to do, IMO. They could easily finish the regular season 16-14. That's not going to cut it, no matter what your SOS is (and theirs is not great - mid-60's).

St. John's has a much better chance than Gtown, IMO.

Absolutely. St, Johns is way ahead of Gtown IMO

Watching Gtown-St Johns should have made you realize that you have no life or there was nothing else on and you had all of your chores done.

Slim pickings on Sunday nights for hoops so it was that and Colorado/USC. No other options

Ah...

Just since you mentioned it...it always brings a smile to my face:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jlIBRkr4Ar4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only downside to this entire season is that we haven't had the opportunity to administer the beating they always so rightly deserve. Let's get those fugazis back on the schedule.

Now I must go look at CJ's BE tourney slam in Porter's puss.
It will pump me up for the rest of the day.

Until Georgetown wises up and dissociates themselves from anyone named Thompson, they'll never have great teams again. That program needs new blood.

That's not going to happen. The Jesuits and the president are never going to fire Thompson III because Thompson II wouldn't ever let them.

Thompson II put his hapless assistant, Craig Esherick, in the job --- knowing he'd fail --- as a placeholder --- until he could arrange for the job to be offered to Thompson III.

Last edited: